Mono-Diet 1 Day a week?

Options
My short term goal is 190 by the 6th of November... That is 15 pounds in less than 4 weeks... Not going to be easy, so along with my current training and dieting, I am going to go for adding a mono-diet day on Sundays. Opinions?

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    What does that mean. You will not be eating for a day?
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what that means also.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It is a type of fasting, but I will be eating, only I will be eating 1 type of food for the entire day. Tomorrow I will eat nothing but grapes and water for the entire day. Next week will be nothing but apples and so on.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

I think you lick a public toilet seat on day one.. you know, to 'jump start' the weight loss.
  • stresco
    Options

I think you lick a public toilet seat on day one.. you know, to 'jump start' the weight loss.

You've got a strange hobby :/
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options

That's what I do.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I will be eating cheesecake all day on Sundays.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm...ya...in my opinion...that may lead to sitting on the toilet the whole day..is that what your planning on? :sick:
  • latefortea
    Options
    whats the point of that it'll be horrible you'll get sick of which ever fruit you chose to eat that day and not want to eat fruit through out the week losing out on the vitamins and with all the sugar in the grapes apples ect you'll go way over your calorie allowance and prob start to feel sick! starving your self or fasting as you put it for one day every week will only make your body hold on to the fat your trying to get rid off. making things allot harder for your self
  • stresco
    Options

When my trainer told me to try it, that was one of the first foods I asked if I could have, unfortunately NO... :( No cheesecake, no Pernil, No M&Ms, No DQ Blizzards... nothing I would love to eat all day.
  • stresco
    Options

When my trainer told me to try it, that was one of the first foods I asked if I could have, unfortunately NO... :( No cheesecake, no Pernil, No M&Ms, No DQ Blizzards... nothing I would love to eat all day.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think it's not a good idea, trying to lose 15 pounds in 4 weeks. I can be done, but not really in a way that will promote healthy loss and maintenance. Losing more than 2 pounds a week isn't a good idea. And even 8 pounds lost by Nov 6 will look good. It's better to do it right and then just keep moving forward toward your ultimate goal.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have plenty ot toilet paper, could be a long night!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I ♥ this idea!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I've never had mono, but I think it lasts longer than a day...
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I ♥ this idea!!

Hey, come on over, i will be eating cupcakes all day saturday, lets have a party!
  • stresco
    Options
    whats the point of that it'll be horrible you'll get sick of which ever fruit you chose to eat that day and not want to eat fruit through out the week losing out on the vitamins and with all the sugar in the grapes apples ect you'll go way over your calorie allowance and prob start to feel sick! starving your self or fasting as you put it for one day every week will only make your body hold on to the fat your trying to get rid off. making things allot harder for your self

Ummm... No. I will not go over my calorie intake for the day. I am still going to keep it under 1600.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is 190 by the 6th of November... That is 15 pounds in less than 4 weeks... Not going to be easy, so along with my current training and dieting, I am going to go for adding a mono-diet day on Sundays. Opinions?

If you feel this is what will work for YOU....good luck bro!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I ♥ this idea!!

Hey, come on over, i will be eating cupcakes all day saturday, lets have a party!

ooo... that makes me want the Wedding Cake cupcake from Gigi's cupcakes! delicious!!

http://gigiscupcakesusa.com/weddingcake