Mono-Diet 1 Day a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    What does that mean. You will not be eating for a day?

I think you lick a public toilet seat on day one.. you know, to 'jump start' the weight loss.

You've got a strange hobby :/

I'm not the one licking toilets.... :bigsmile:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Your trainer needs his or her credentials re-examined.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I honestly think doing a mono diet for one day is a good idea...think about cleansing!!! I might try it too.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My opinion, since you did ask. Eating only one type of food all day is not a healthy way to diet. If you eat grapes all day you're not getting any protein, and fat, or a long list of essential nutrients. Plus, that would just be completely not fun.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    One day out of 7 days of eating the mono diet is not gonna cause ANY harm at all. I think i'm gonna try it as well!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Can't you just take some ex lax and Alli and eat a pizza? Same poop affect with better tasting and more filling food. Just stock up on magazines, tp and air Freshener.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Learning a lot from this one Topic. Not about training, dieting or goals, but still learning...
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It is a type of fasting, but I will be eating, only I will be eating 1 type of food for the entire day. Tomorrow I will eat nothing but grapes and water for the entire day. Next week will be nothing but apples and so on.

I'm about to ask a very stupid question....but I can't help myself!

How on earth are you going to manage to eat 1600 cals of apples??? Jaffa cakes, I could do (in fact have done in the past, hence the whole fatness thing...) but not apples and I love apples!

Or have I completely misunderstood...?
  • stresco
    Options
    Not a stupid question... I guess i should have specified, 1600 cal is my CAP not the amount I am trying to intake daily. I try to keep under that number for total cals for the day. Anything under 1600, and Im good.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Seriously..now..how about eating the same soup all day?? at least you can have protein, veggies, and carbs mixed in..or are you looking for one ingredient in general?
  • stresco
    Options
    Started my Mono-D for today... It is a lot like fasting. I only had 1 cup of grapes for breakfast and I am tired of them already. Its going to be a rough one today.