Fab Foodies WEEK 2 CHALLENGE THREAD! Oct 9 - Oct 15 2011, CL

Options
13»

Replies

• faye_daisy
    Options
    Have not forgot about you guys, sickness has hit my home my oldest and youngest have been sick along with the hubs and me. Lack of sleep on top of cold is causing my bladder to flare up. Everyone keep up the amazing work, thankfully I get a week break between next classes, since my washer broke and the sickness hit my house has became a wreck! So I am around but not LOL figured you guys should know whats up keep up the hard work!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Just did another 5K today in honor of Anina :flowerforyou: You kick butt every day so I went out and kicked my own butt to make up for you not being able to. Now take care of your knee so that you can be back at it and kicking your own butt again :wink:

I stopped off at the grocery store on my way home from the greenway today and I found sesame tahini so I'm really excited to make my own hummus later this afternoon :bigsmile:
    I hope everyone is doing great and having beautiful fall weather like we are here in the North Carolina mountains! Have an awesome day and mix it up a little....try a new food, a different workout, or hang out with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Variety is the spice of life!
    :smooched: Marie
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    Just did another 5K today in honor of Anina :flowerforyou: You kick butt every day so I went out and kicked my own butt to make up for you not being able to. Now take care of your knee so that you can be back at it and kicking your own butt again :wink:

I stopped off at the grocery store on my way home from the greenway today and I found sesame tahini so I'm really excited to make my own hummus later this afternoon :bigsmile:
    I hope everyone is doing great and having beautiful fall weather like we are here in the North Carolina mountains! Have an awesome day and mix it up a little....try a new food, a different workout, or hang out with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Variety is the spice of life!
    :smooched: Marie

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: MARIE YOU LEGEND! THAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU but mate now you know you can squeeze out to 5ks in one week! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Let me know how you go with the hummus. I've got tahini but am yet to try to make it because I only have a blender but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pull it off! It's definitely cooled down here in the ROK. My workouts until I'm back in full cardio form (it hurts to do push ups, renegade rows and just standing there have been sharp pains) so I will be focusing on upper body - will practice hand-stand push ups (against the wall of course), chin ups and work on getting my abs for xmas. This should keep this calorie burning machine from going LOCO!

I am yet to try that Tofu recipe I mentioned - SORRY will endeavour to work on it today...we're meeting our gramps today and he always sabotages me with food! It's culturally insensitive to say no - so we'll see how we go!

I'm down to 66.7 kgs! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Closer to my goal of 65kgs which I would never have dreamed of but WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Anyway babes - TAKE IT EASY - HAPPY SATURDAAAAAAAAAAAYS - CONTINUE TO KICK THAT FAT TO THE DUNGEONS!

BIG LOVES MY AWESOME PEEPS :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    10k done in 90 minutes with a 25 pound toodler on my bk pooped :yawn:
  • med79
    Options
    The hummus turned out great! I found a simple recipe that I can alter to suit my mood for the day.

1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, reserve the liquid for later use if you like
    4 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 tablespoons tahini
    2 clove garlic, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    black pepper to taste
    2 tablespoons olive oil

Pour garbanzo beans into blender, I also added about half of the liquid from the can. Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed (add extra liquid to get the consistency you prefer).
    Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top.

I left out the olive oil to save on calories and when I make it next time I think I'll add in some roasted red pepper for some spice but this turned out to be a great basic hummus recipe.
  • med79
    Options
    Wow a 10K with a 25 pound toddler! You're super mom! Great job today :drinker:
  • stoofers
    Options
    This week I tried shwarma! It was AMAZING.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    5K completed. Just under 45 minutes, not a great time. Didn't know the course and didn't realize the 1.5 miles was all up hill.. Should of paced myself differently!!! There is always next time!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    yummy recipe made it tonight 5/6 loved it and only 3/6 eat cauliflower so I call it a win http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html
  • med79
    Options
    I'm now at 255, so I've lost 2 more pounds this week! WooHoo! :):):)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ummmm I practiced ran my 5K that is tomorrow..I was able to run everything except I walked the bridge going over the river! Then came home and got on scale and went from 201.0 to 199.0!!!!

What a day! I became a runner and crossed into onederland!!!