Women-Is It Hard to Find a Shirt When U Have Big Boobs

Options

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am a 42J so large chest but still fat all over so perhaps not the same type of problems but I find that button down shirts with darts in the seams help - anything not button down usually no problem or not much of a problem
    scoop necks, v- necks, boat necks, work well not turtlenecks
  • rockchick90
    Options
    Im a 40J! I used to always buy mens L/XL tshirts and I was always worried about cracking the motif on the shirt by stretching it out with my boobs :(
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue was that a lot of the dress and tops that I had before the surgery that looked cute and girly looked slutty and trashy after the surgery because they would show too much skin.

Overall, I think it is about the same as before but just different problems. Before I had a hard time finding tops that didn't have too much excess material in the boob area, now its finding tops that have enough material.
  • sclarke76
    Options
    jesh i cld only dream ov been a small size , i hate my chest
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You are creating this situation for yourself. This confuses me a little, but okay...

Tops that have some stretch will be your best friend. You will find that it is difficult to find button up shirts, as others have mentioned, but as long as you look for ones that have some lycra and have buttons that are close together, you will be able to find them once in a while. Wrap dresses will look great on your new figure.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's next to impossible for me. Same with finding good supporting/fitting bras (I think I'm in between sizes). I would kill for a reduction.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue was that a lot of the dress and tops that I had before the surgery that looked cute and girly looked slutty and trashy after the surgery because they would show too much skin.

Overall, I think it is about the same as before but just different problems. Before I had a hard time finding tops that didn't have too much excess material in the boob area, now its finding tops that have enough material.

This is one of the negatives of new boobs....All those cute halter dresses and and stuff make me look like trashy instead of flirty, so I actually have to dress more conservatively now than I did before. Button-up are pretty much out of the question unless you just wear a cami underneath and don't button the top. But on the other hand, v-neck stretchy shirts and tube tops look great. I pretty much had to change my whole wardrobe for my boobs...LOL...but it's been 2 yrs and I've pretty much adjusted now...The first few months suck trying to figure it out though.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    ... I enjoy occasionally using my boobs to look slutty and/or trashy.

also, I'm from Florida, so walking around wearing next to nothing is totally normal for me. hahahaha.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    find yourself someone who is handy with a sewing machine. I am a G cup and thankfully I know how to tailor clothes, with button down shirts, I fit the boobs and then tailor the rest of the shirt in to fit.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right. I have been large-busted since I was a teenager, and finding clothes that looked good was always really difficult. Button-ups gap right at the boobs, knit tops look like maternity tops, sweaters are stretched thin across the bust or are too baggy at the bottom. Dresses are bad, too...they always look like bag lady dresses by the time I get them to fit the bust. All the cute empire waist tops (high waist) don't fit over the girls, so the line that should be below the bust is across it instead.

You may want to reconsider the size you are going to. Big boobs are not all they are cracked up to be.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A small D isn't too bad, but it is big. I would agree with what's been said so far. I tend to wear blouses that are fitted or clingy, otherwise I just look fat.

Dresses are definitely the hardest thing to find!

My best advice for you: if you can't afford to get your clothes tailored, buy a sewing machine and learn to use it.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I dont like button ups. THANK GOD! Haaaaaa. Will invest in some V necks I suppose. They are my favorite. I love loose fitting tops (maternity style but not maternity) anyways, but Im just curious as to how they would look in a tight shirt.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to shopping hell. Button-ups are very difficult to find. Like others have said, get the bigger size and tailor the waist. Find a good tailor!
  • shaybug21
    Options
    I'm a 46 DDD and big boobs suck. button up shirts are a no-no- they pucker right at the boobs so everyone can peek in and see your business. I don't like turtle necks or high necked shirts- you look like you have a boobie shelf lol.
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    I must be the only person who hasn't found it to be a problem!

I went from a 32AA to a 32DD. Before my pregnancy i had a 26/27 inch waist and i found that i could buy what i wanted with my new boobs!

I wear fitted/stretch blouses rather than straight cut, but i find fitted are more flattering anyway! t-shirts are fine as they stretch. ( i also buy fitted ones) Vests are great as the still show your cheat and your small waist. :)

I buy dresses that are strapless and fitted, rather than halterneck styles.

I am sure you will find what works for you.
    xx
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with button up shirts. I am a D and I pretty much gave up on them altogether. When I wear them, I wear them open with a coordinating tank under it. Otherwise I get The Gap (anyone with big boobs knows what that is) or it's just plain too tight.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    ... I enjoy occasionally using my boobs to look slutty and/or trashy.

also, I'm from Florida, so walking around wearing next to nothing is totally normal for me. hahahaha.

We need to hangout more often.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm a natural DD, and I have to buy shirts a size bigger than my waist size just to accomodate and not look like a hooker.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with button up shirts. I am a D and I pretty much gave up on them altogether. When I wear them, I wear them open with a coordinating tank under it. Otherwise I get The Gap (anyone with big boobs knows what that is) or it's just plain too tight.

When I was growing up, we called it "gapiosis"!

Be prepared, too, for having stains on your chest. If I drop food, it never makes it to my lap! A drip of sauce ends up drawing all attention to my chest!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Im going from a B to a small D cup Friday with my boob job surgery and I have heard that its hard to find tops that fit. Not looking forward to this! Is that true? What kind of tops are best for D cups? I just dont want to look fat or dress in a way thats going to take away from my small waist. What are the options out there? Thanks

Hmm.. I am trying to get back down to a B....I can fit anything from a small to medium, but because I am busty, it doesnt look right as it would with people with smaller boobs...Yea it is hard...Some shirts look right and some dont...Like since your going to a D cup then that would mean you may need to get one size bigger...