Bananas!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I put them in the freezer peel and all. True, I have to use a knife to peel them when I want to use them but if you wait about 2 or 3 minutes, they are easy to peel. Like another poster said, I have done the banana ice cream thing and it is so good. I just cut 2 frozen bananas in chunks, add a little sweetner and they really do blend up like soft serve ice cream. I also throw in 2 pecans if I have room for the calories - so good! Like others have said, I use frozen bananas in smoothies so no ice is needed. You can do a lot with frozen bananas!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have been adding 1 squashed over ripe banana, a few chopped nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon to my porridge in the morning and it is heaven, only problem is i have run out of bananas now!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Banana Bread
    1 small banana- mashed
    1 cup pumpkin puree
    1/4 c canola oil
    3 egg whites
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    16 tsp (5 tbsp & 1 tsp) splenda sugar blend
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp allspice
    2 c rye flour

Mash banana, add pumpkin, oil and egg whites; use mixer on low until blended. In another bowl add rye flour, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder and baking soda. Stir until blended. Slowly add flour mix to pumpkin mix. Use mixer until blended.
    You can either make 1 big loaf, or 4 mini loaves. Put batter into pans sprayed with Pam. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
    Makes 16 servings. Each serving = 111 cal.

Bumping for this!

Also, the high protein banana pancake recipe in this forum is pretty yummy!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My dad tends to eat up the bananas for lunch or snack, but when there are leftovers, these are some of my favorite things to do with them...
    - mash into 1/4 c. oats and microwave for a minute (good with peanut butter spread over it, or choc chips mixed in)
    - freeze, throw chopped into blender with tablespoon cocoa and blend until consistency of frozen yogurt
    - peanut butter banana sandwich
    - mix chopped with other chopped fruits (apple, blueberry, pineapple, kiwis, etc., are all good), toss in lime juice and honey to make fruit salad
    - slice, put plain nonfat yogurt on top, drizzle with honey, add cereal (flake type or granola type)