Psychoanalysis of MFP - Pics

Options

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    mine reminds me of a really happy time and its probably one of the best pictures of my husband and I. i just love this picture.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    O
  • mzenzer
    Options
    What the poster was trying to say is that she disagrees with the points in the thread starters blog post regarding his view on why people chose certain profile pictures, not that she disagrees with each persons reasons given in this thread.
    My picture is to remind me of where I am right now and that I don't like that, but it's temporary because I'm working hard to get away from that place. The dress in the picture is my goal dress.

I would also like to add that I pretty much completely disagree with each of your points. They seem very judgmental to each person who doesn't have your specific choice for a profile picture. Some people are so completely embarrassed with themselves at the points in which they are that they refuse to put a picture up. Some people put other things up for security reasons (you can't be too careful these days)....some people put pictures of their families because those people are their motivation (ie. grandkids), some people put old pictures or sports pictures because they long to get back to that place.

Each and every person has a reason for their picture, and a good one. a picture doesn't matter....what matters is that they're doing the work to get to their goal. And they have come to MFP for support....not for judgment!

You disagree with everyone??? Dang! Who is being judgemental here? I don't find that in theses posts, except that you come across as pretty rough on everyone. But I do celebrate with you your own reason for choosing your pic.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    You don't have one that describes me. That makes me unique or................................
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've always cropped my body out, but now I think I need to see it every time I log on to show myself "This is REAL! You did this & don't u feel good?!" No more hiding ;)
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    What????
  • mzenzer
    Options
    I've always cropped my body out, but now I think I need to see it every time I log on to show myself "This is REAL! You did this & don't u feel good?!" No more hiding ;)

You look great certainly nothing to hide! I think it's good for folks to not only be accountable and post pics pre-weight loss, but also as a bit of a reward pics displaying their achievement. Congrats and great job!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OP: If you're such a great armchair psychoanalyst. What does my current picture say about me?

1552106_4751.jpg
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This was a great father/daughter pic. Plus two of my 3 closest inspirations!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My pic is the jewelry I made for my friends wedding. My peeps wanted to see it. Since we don't have a photo gallery here, this is how I post it.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just really love my eyeshadow in this picture, ahahaha!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Mine , a fun day out with family !
  • MrsSarahScire
    Options
    My picture is to remind me of where I am right now and that I don't like that, but it's temporary because I'm working hard to get away from that place. The dress in the picture is my goal dress.

I would also like to add that I pretty much completely disagree with each of your points. They seem very judgmental to each person who doesn't have your specific choice for a profile picture. Some people are so completely embarrassed with themselves at the points in which they are that they refuse to put a picture up. Some people put other things up for security reasons (you can't be too careful these days)....some people put pictures of their families because those people are their motivation (ie. grandkids), some people put old pictures or sports pictures because they long to get back to that place.

Each and every person has a reason for their picture, and a good one. a picture doesn't matter....what matters is that they're doing the work to get to their goal. And they have come to MFP for support....not for judgment!

You disagree with everyone??? Dang! Who is being judgemental here? I don't find that in theses posts, except that you come across as pretty rough on everyone. But I do celebrate with you your own reason for choosing your pic.

no I don't disagree with everyone, I disagree with each point the poster made in his original post. Not being judgmental....stating my opinion.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym and thought let me take a picture.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Because it's Tattoo Tuesday!!!!!!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Because I LOVE the pink I added to my hair for my Komen 5k last weekend. :glasses:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Decided to turn it in to a blog post.
    tell me something...do you ever NOT turn it into a blog post?
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    because i am proud of what i have done :drinker:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Decided not to respond since its a blog post.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    because i like this color on myself