Destined To Be A Diva Challenge Week Two *Closed Group*

Options
2»

Replies

• RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Finished yesterday with a 45 minute workout at the gym and 12 cups (96 oz) of water. Hoping for a repeat today....shooting for 100 oz today though!
  • 0nmyway2thin
    Options
    Great job ladies keep up the hard work, were all destined to be D.I.V.A.S :)

My recipe is A spinach salad: I take about 3 cups of fresh spinach 1/2cup craisons 1/2cup pecan pieces 1/4cup feta cheese and 2tbsp of raspberry pecan dressing...I cut up the spinach and all the ingerdients mixing the dressing 1tbsp at a time making sure to coat the spinach and serve it delicious and very filling :)
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! Yesterday was my first attempt doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD and I must say that its a very intense workout...SMH I'm very happy with the purchase and I hope to see how my body will change over the coming weeks!!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, today is my day off from Chalean Extream but I decided to do TaBoe this morning for that extra calorie burn. Yesterday I had 90 ozs of water and burned a total of 835 calories..hope everyone have a productive day...I will check in later
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.

My husband started the state corrections academy on Monday so I've basically been like a single parent to 4 kids so he can get this done. It's been hard to get my workouts in this week but I've managed to do a little something by waking up at 5am. It's mostly been running though. So far this week I've logged in 40 minutes on the elliptical and I've run 14 miles this week. I have only done my personal challenge exercises once (haven't had time) but I will do them today. We have to do them for four days, right?

I have a personal NSV that I'm very proud of. Yesterday I was .02 miles shy of running a 10k and I finished it in 66 minutes. I have never doe anything like this before and it felt amazing!!! I can't believe that I actually burned close to 1,000 calories doing it. I've never burned so much with one exercise.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's great Josette! and yes for the weekly its four days.
  • angsmith79
    Options
    Hey y'all this is a great little recipe for Banana Muffins. Try it out, its yummy!!

Low Calorie Banana Muffins
    30 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Ingredients
    1 cup flour
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 cup mashed bananas
    1/4 sugar
    1 large egg
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup applesauce

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.

In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

In separate bowl, combine banana, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Blend until well mixed. Add applesauce. Slowly combine dry mixture to banana mixture. Blend well.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.

Makes 12 Servings

Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 12
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 79.5
    • Total Fat: 0.6 g
    • Cholesterol: 17.7 mg
    • Sodium: 208.7 mg
    • Total Carbs: 17.1 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
    • Protein: 1.8 g
  • angsmith79
    Options
    Amazing work Josette!!! That was a great NSV!!!
  • angsmith79
    Options
    How has everyone been! I've been struggling all week, but Im getting it together. Im so thankful for the support! Special shout out to Shajsum! You were a blessing to me last night when I wanted to quit!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the encouraging words!!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow and I'm pretty excited and confident I will see some changes in numbers this week. I've been working out for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours everyday despite having extremely tight hamstrings. I attempted Insanity on Monday and ended up really sore. I'm not ready for that yet and it's completely intense and just too much. I've never felt like this before. My hamstrings are on fire. It's painful to sit down. smh but I'm stretching, icing, and keeping my workouts going and hopefully this heals in a few days.

I hope everyone had a great week!
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!

BELOW IS MY RECIPE FOR SWEET POTATO FRIES

I love fries and this is want I like with a turkey or salmon burger.. I also only buy my sweet potatoes from organic stores the taste is so much better than the ones at wal mart. ( I usually count my calories with my sweet potato by the oz, and I use the 0 calorie olive oil spray)

Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
    For extra crispness, finish under broiler.
    Servings: 2

• 2 medium sweet potatoes
    • Olive oil cooking spray
    • Kosher salt
    • Fresh ground black pepper
    • Optional seasoning like cinnamon, chili powder, splenda

Cut peeled potatoes into 1/4 inch strips and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet* coated with cooking oil spray. Mist the fries with cooking oil spray and season with salt, black pepper, or any other seasonings - ground cinnamon, curry powder, and chili powder are all good options.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through. For extra crispy fries finish under the broiler for 5 minutes.

* COOKS NOTE: For easy clean up and no sticking, cover baking sheet with nonstick release foil.
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around ladies I've been Sick all week!
    I just logged on to the computer for the 1st time tonight! I did feel good enough to push myself to workout for 3hrs today to try to catch up.
    Here is a recipe that I like It a salad

Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with walnuts and cranberries

2 cups shredded red cabbage
    1tbsp. walnuts chopped
    1tbsp. cranberries
    1 granny smith apple thinly sliced
    Balsamic vinegar or Red wine vinegar

Calories 169
    Protein 5 g
    Carbs 36g
    Fat 5g
    Fiber 7.5g

It can from my turbo fire book
  • mycorner99
    mycorner99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for this challenge. I'm losing weight consistently due to diet but I need to focus on my workouts and water intake. I exclude sugar, flour, cheese and fried foods from my diet. I eat a lot of clean flavors.

Here is a fast recipe for a tuna salad with a little kick.

1 can tuna in water (not oil)
    2 teaspoons olive oil (so you can control your fat)
    2 teaspoons spicy vinegar
    1/2 lime
    cilantro
    bed of lettuce

I make this in the morning for lunch later. Mix the tuna, oil and vinegar in a closeable container. Squeeze in fresh lime juice and tear a little cilantro to add in. Let the mixture sit for a few hours. Put tuna over lettuce and enjoy!