3RD WEEK OF TURBO FIRE :love:

Options
2»

Replies

• kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all....I've seen several posts for TF and the Chalean Extreme and everyone seems pretty happy with them. I am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30...and enjoying it..on 3rd week there. She does lots of jumping and lunges..and with 5 knee surgeries I have to be careful.

Does the TF or Chalean Extreme have lots of jumping or lunges? I am really okay with the lunges....it's just the jumping and exhausting out one leg I have to be careful about. (3 surgeries on one knee and 2 on the other)

Thats part of the reason that i stop doing her 30day shred dvds, turbo fire isn't hard on your knees(to me). There is some jumping but its not like JM dvd's. My knees have not hurt me since starting this program.

HTH!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all....I've seen several posts for TF and the Chalean Extreme and everyone seems pretty happy with them. I am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30...and enjoying it..on 3rd week there. She does lots of jumping and lunges..and with 5 knee surgeries I have to be careful.

Does the TF or Chalean Extreme have lots of jumping or lunges? I am really okay with the lunges....it's just the jumping and exhausting out one leg I have to be careful about. (3 surgeries on one knee and 2 on the other)
    Hi ladies! I'm a fellow TurboFire addict, so feel free to add me. I just started up again, so today marks the first day of week 2 for me.

To answer this question, TF does have some jumping, especially in the HIIT workouts. During my first round of Turbo, my knee started to bother me. I bought a brace from Walgreens and wore it for a few weeks during workouts and I was good to go after that. Chalene Extreme is centered on strength training with weights. I have never done it, but I'd assume there isn't too much jumping in that. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions though :)
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    The thing about TF is that Chalene has a modifer - Alee is right beside her on every video modifying the moves so you don't have to jump! :-) It's awesome - even if you just want a low impact work out.
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of my second week, and LOVE it!!!!!! lol
    I had problems with my knees in the 30DS, but so far *knock on wood* i havent had any trouble with them during TuboFire ( I get Anserine bursitis in my knees if I over exert them)
    So far my weight loss has been slow, but I just keep telling myself that I only in week two and more will come off the farther I get into the program =)
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well-- been a big fan of turbofire since April and lost almost 10 pounds a good amount of inches with it. When I get over this horrible cold, I'll be back at Week 10 or 11 (had to repeat one of those weeks b/c of travel and then sickness)--- getting Chalene Extreme in the mail soon and will be doing the hybrid in a few weeks/1.5 months or so. Cannot wait.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Okay...so I don't know how to do the quote in a quote thing...but many thanks for the response! I am gonna tough it out with Ripped to complete the 4 weeks. Looking online now at the TF and Chalean workouts! appreciate your response so much! I like results..and it sounds like these are both really good for that!!

And yes!!! all of that DID help! LOL
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Has nothing to do with TurboFire, but I was definitely motivated by this article and I think it will help us all get our Turbo on that much more! :) Have a great evening!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/six-pack-abs-at-age-74-age-is-nothing-but-a-number-says-guinness-world-records-oldest-competitive-female-bodybuilder/2011/03/16/AG5lGvCH_story.html
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How are yall logging workouts like Sculpt 30? Its not really a cardio workout so Im not sure of a HRM would get an accurate amount of calories burned...
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I did Core 20, Stretch 40 today...I did wear my HRM and logged the cals from beginning toend, I just dont think I'm relying on them when I plan my cal intake for the day...meaning I will prob eat less than half of those cals back!!!

This Core and Stretch were pretty intense...I didnt really much care for the stretching but I know its important, so I did it and will do it whenever it pops up on the schedule!!!
  • kharmon2009
    kharmon2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all....so i've "restarted" turbo fire recently and last time i was doing it i only got like a week and a half into. But i did Fire 55 EZand hated it! i love all the other classes that i've done, so i'm wondering if anyone knows of a good "subsitute" for that class or should i just push through that one? Do u think it'd be bad just to skip that day completely and move onto the next day? I dont know what to do, just know that i dont really want to do Fire 55 EZ! :( any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    Hey all....so i've "restarted" turbo fire recently and last time i was doing it i only got like a week and a half into. But i did Fire 55 EZand hated it! i love all the other classes that i've done, so i'm wondering if anyone knows of a good "subsitute" for that class or should i just push through that one? Do u think it'd be bad just to skip that day completely and move onto the next day? I dont know what to do, just know that i dont really want to do Fire 55 EZ! :( any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for Fire 55 EZ! It's actually on my schedule tonight which sucks because I have class on Thursday nights and right now, I really don't feel like exercising for another 55 minutes considering it's now after 10 PM! I'm contemplating repeating Fire 30 (although I did that last night) just to give myself something to do for exercise for the day. And maybe do Fire 55 EZ tomorrow night? :-(
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    How are yall logging workouts like Sculpt 30? Its not really a cardio workout so Im not sure of a HRM would get an accurate amount of calories burned...

I was wondering the same thing. I did Tone 30 today and didn't know what to log it as. I don't have a HRM so I don't know the amount of calories I burn.
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    I did Core 20, Stretch 40 today...I did wear my HRM and logged the cals from beginning toend, I just dont think I'm relying on them when I plan my cal intake for the day...meaning I will prob eat less than half of those cals back!!!

This Core and Stretch were pretty intense...I didnt really much care for the stretching but I know its important, so I did it and will do it whenever it pops up on the schedule!!!

I despise Stretch 40! Lol I don't know what it is, but I dread doing that work out. Core isn't too bad, but I'm such a wimp when it comes to that Stretch! I think it's the fact that Chalene sort of just FLIES through each move!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on week 6 of the hybrid schedule (Turbo and CLX) and I love it. I've only lost 3 pounds (I think I'm in a bit of a plateau lately), but I've lost several inches. If you're on the fence about getting ChaLEAN Extreme, GET IT! Cardio is great, but you want to change your body, and muscle is the way to do it.
  • kharmon2009
    kharmon2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Funny that you mention just repeating fire 30 because i think thats what i'm going to do! so i think thats what i'm going to do is just replace fire 55 ez with fire 3.
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on week 6 of the hybrid schedule (Turbo and CLX) and I love it. I've only lost 3 pounds (I think I'm in a bit of a plateau lately), but I've lost several inches. If you're on the fence about getting ChaLEAN Extreme, GET IT! Cardio is great, but you want to change your body, and muscle is the way to do it.

I am definitely getting Chalean Extreme soon! As a matter of fact, it's on my Christmas list and I'm almost 99.9% positive it'll be under my tree considering I'm a coach so whoever buys it can use my coach discount!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the Scuplt cals burned also....but I know I will give it my all in HIIT 15, so regardless of what my HRM says at the end of the workout I know I will have burned something...LOL...Day 11 for me, in week 2 and I can wait to get to week 6 for some reason. I made the concious decision not to weigh my self until the end of week 5 since alot of folks say they dont really lose alot the first month. I feel better and my endurance is much better and thats a plus, so i will take the NSV for now and hope for at least 3-4 good, solid pounds to be gone come the end of my week 5...which means i have 3 weeks to go :sad:.....but I walk by my scale 2-3 times a day with the attitude that I dont care what it says right now, and that prevents me from stepping on it every time...didnt even know I possesed that kind of will power..:laugh:
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    I made the concious decision not to weigh my self until the end of week 5 since alot of folks say they dont really lose alot the first month.

I am doing the same. Why bring myself down when I'm feeling so great from my TurboFire work outs! :-)