Rice, Chicken and Apples

Options
1st 3 days- eat only rice
2nd 3 days- eat only baked chicken
last 3 days- eat only apples
who has heard of it or tried it and what were your results?
your supposed to lose 18-20 lbs in 9 days

Replies

• ValorieGoode
    Options
    Wow! I have never heard of that. Let me know how it goes.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    Stop with the crazy diets!

Stop looking for shortcuts!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad idea - your body needs a varied diet to keep you healthy. Whilst each of those foods is good for you as part of a balanced diet, eating only one type of food means that your body won't get all the nutrients it needs. You might lose a lot of weight, but it will pile back on once you start eating normally again.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am always suspicious of these things that promise big loss fast... it isn't necessarily healthy nor is it sustainable... be safe when you do fasts and the like
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It sounds quite foolish to me.

Any diet that says "eat only this for X days" is pretty much ridiculous. This diet will likely induce weightloss in people because eating only chicken and/or only apples will put you in a rather large caloric deficit. The effects in the bathroom aren't desirable either, and lastly, this is a good way to develop micronutrient deficiencies (granted in 9 days this wouldn't happen, but over a longer course it could).

Eat at a healthy and non-aggressive calorie deficit and exercise. Do this with consistency you will get SUSTAINABLE results over time.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options

What he said.
    Plus 3 days of eating only apples, make sure you buy incontinence pants.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

^ And this.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options

What he said.
    Plus 3 days of eating only apples, make sure you buy incontinence pants.

AHhahahaha! That's why they did it after the day of rice!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Ha! When I read the topic I thought maybe it was a recipe or a good dinner, since all three together in a meal sound rather tasty to me. However, after I read the topic…. sounds crazy to me. Go do your own research on how the body works… the nutrients it needs and uses. Many nutrients work synergistically… not on their own. This kind of diet will start sounding crazy to you, too!
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a recipe, lol! No crazy diets, you can't maintain them after you lose the weight, and they're not practical for every day consumption, when it's the lifestyle that got you overweight in the first place that needs modifying. Alas, there are no shortcuts... :)
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/496662-chicken-rice-apple-9-day-diet/

Its just a quick fix, the weight loss wont stay off!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love all of you on mfp! I read the diet first and thought hmmm...could I do that? Then I read all of the comments saying how crazy it is, which I know, but 18 pounds in 9 days sounds good :)
    Thanks for keeping it real!!
  • mystiedawn1
    Options
    I have to say that I'm at the end of my second day and I'm already down 7 lbs. It was not easy yesterday with only rice, but today was a breeze. As long as you keep your sodium levels lows and you stick to it, you shouldn't have any problems. So if I continue seeing results I'll keep going. keep you posted...
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Of course you'll see results, and as soon as you eat "normal" again, it will come back.
  • Annwillbeslim
    Annwillbeslim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How did it go?
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I once worked with someone who made up a diet like this, all she ate was Baskin Robbins Daquiri ice, and baby carrots...it lasted about 3 days. Seriously which is worse the people who think these up or the people who try them?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why?!????!??!?!? That is complete insanity. And I'd probably want to kill someone after Day 3 - so I'd be losing weight eating jail food.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    No.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Why? You could have each one of those things together everyday and still lose weight as long as you were within your calories. Add a vegetable and it is even a healthy meal. Drink 8 glasses of water and you are there.:smile:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ha! When I read the topic I thought maybe it was a recipe or a good dinner, since all three together in a meal sound rather tasty to me. However, after I read the topic…. sounds crazy to me.

Haha yup this. Aside from all that, it sounds so BORING! Recipe to binge on terrible things when you are done.