HELP!!! I NEED HELP PLEASE TELL WHAT I NEED TO EAT AND DO TO

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Gave up fried food and sodas I also eat mostly chicken and turkey no pork or beef meat in 3 months I lost 1 pound. I was walking 4 times a week and still nothing came off. Someone help me please

Giving up fried food and soda is a great, but you might also take a look at your sugar and processed carb intake. Do you eat a log of sweets and/or white bread/rice/pasta? Do you eat plenty of vegetables and unsweetened fruit (juice doesn't count). Are you keeping your overall net calories low enough?

This site is a good nutritional guide.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/pyramid/
  • rah9306
    rah9306 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well I was doing my food diary for two months and stopped I would never eat enough calories Im at 1500 and I would reach maybe 1300 I would never be starving so I would not eat more. And how do u use the site If I log my food and workout do I add more food to make up for the workout? Thats the problem I don't understand the site so I can't use it correctly. I only drink water not fruit jucies and for breakfast I drink a protien shake and no I relaly don't eat lots of veggies.
  • rah9306
    Options
    I bake chicken breast and turkey parts I don't buy processed meat
  • Nortiz30
    Options
    Hey..i know it's frustrating when u feel like ur doing all the right things and the weight does not come off. But remember that weight loss should be about more than just the number on the scale.....I'm not a nutritionist but one of the problems might be the combination of foods that u are eating. Some foods are digested and burned better by the system when they are eaten together. I know that u said that u do not eat lots of veggies but lots of vegetables help weight loss and energy (that u need for those workouts). Another suggestion is that u take in all of the allotted calories. When u under eat the body holds on to the calories because it feels that u are starving it (even if u don't feel like u are starving). so try to take in ur allotted daily calories. U don't necessarily have to eat more because you exercised (unless u feel like u need a SNACK after the workout)...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The problem is you are not entering your foods into your diary. How do you know you are eating the recommended calories for what you are trying to accomplish? You need to enter everything that goes into your mouth. Do it for a week and then let us see if you are eating the right things.
  • rah9306
    Options
    will do, check my diary next week :)
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    GO HIRE A TRAINER :drinker:
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    If you don't like to eat veggies, be sure that you are taking a multi-vitamin to help make up for the nutrients you are not getting in foods. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. If you take a look at the food diary and play around with it, you will find that there are many foods where you have an option of selecting a chicken leg or a thigh or a breast instead of the measured portion. It's not as accurate as using a scale, but it is better than nothing (too). 4 ounces of meat/chicken/fish is about the size of a deck of cards, if that is helpful. 4-6 ounces of meat per serving should keep you around 1500 calories per day.

Make sure you limit your fruit to 2.5 servings a day because they provide a lot of sugar. Start reading the labels on the foods you eat and use those labels to help you enter the information into your food diary. If there are more than 25 grams of carbs per serving, or more than 15 grams of sugar per serving, pick something else. Be especially careful with no added sugar and "low fat" items. Often to lower the fat, the carbs and sugar increase.

I advocate going to your doctor for a blood panel to see if you are deficient in any area, so you can adjust your diet accordingly, or take supplements if necessary. I was low on B12 and D, so once I added those supplements, I have been improving my memory, concentration and energy levels and feel so much better. It's easier to exercise and I'm more focused on my goals.

Best of luck. The logging is SOOOOOOOOOOOO important for many reasons. You need to know everything you put in your mouth so you can have an accurate count of calories; you need to be accountable for what you eat and if you know you have to log it, sometimes it's just not worth putting that little bite of something in your mouth. If you hit a rough spot, you can go back to weeks you were doing well and duplicate those days food-wise.