So who else is in better shape than they were in high school

Options
13»

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I weighed less than my goal weight in high school. And, looking back, I was insane for thinking I was fat. I wasn't quite healthy, as I could and would eat anything and still weigh the same. There are some pictures where I think I look too skinny, which is why my goal weight is ten pound heavier than my high school weight. But oh, what I wouldn't give to have my tummy back. After twins, it's pretty much been torn apart :(
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, my weight (until its little unwelcome excursion earlier this year) has never changed much since high school.

But since my late 20's I have gone to the gym consistently, and now that I am on MFP tracking what I eat - I am in the best shape eating the healthiest I have in my life!

I didn't exercise much and ate junk when I was younger and could get away with it. Now I can't get away with that, but I think I am better for it. I definitely have less fat, more muscle, more endurance and strength going than what I did back then.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what I weighed in high school (too long ago!) but I think I'd still be above that weight. I am definitely fitter and have much more endurance - I have NEVER been able to run for more than a few minutes at a time, and now I can run for 90 mins or more - I'm slow but I can do it!
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Not yet, but getting there! I'm less than 10 pounds from my fittest high school weight around my junior year, but actually about 10 pounds less than when I started freshman year. I joined the tennis team freshman year and spent the next four years working my butt off (literally) about 3-4 hours a day practicing and running 10Ks with my aunt, so it's going to take a lot to get back to that shape, if it's even possible. I just don't have the time to play as much as I did back then (nor am I on a team), when I leave for work in the morning it's only starting to get light out and when I get back at night there's only about 30 minutes of light left!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Totally opposte for me! I was a complete athlete and I was so into my fitness and I ate super healthy...Until I went off to college lol...Now I am fighting hard to get it back and even better :)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Me! I was inactive in high school. My average weight in high school was probably 175-180. Now I am about 177 but have lots of muscle already, as opposed to none in high school!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was about 15 pounds lighter in high school and active...but I'm more fit now - I most definitely wasn't running any marathons back then!