I want a McDonalds

I just really want a McDonalds right now......... xx

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    A McDonalds what exactly?
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 233 Member
    Whatever it is, it just isn't worth it!!!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    I get a craving for a big mac once/week. if it's something I need to address, I usually go to wendy's instead. Their food seems a little better--at least the Wendy's I go to.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    So have it. The Southwest grilled chicken salad is to die for! Yum.
  • A McDonalds what exactly?
    Just anything from there.... :{ xx
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    I LOVE that salad at McDonalds! Yum!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Do you really want it? Is there something else you can eat that might better help you stay in your goals?
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    So do your homework before you go and make a healthy choice. I firmly believe that allowing yourself to have these "indulgences" will go along way ( and lets face it you're going to eat it any way right?) so go online and look at their nutritional data and make a healthy choice. It will also help you be able to make healthy choices- which will foster longevity on this healthy eating lifestyle.
  • Do you really want it? Is there something else you can eat that might better help you stay in your goals?
    Most probably...... :F xx
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    U can eat mcdonalds and still be under your goal. Just adjust your food for the rest of the day...

But u should really think about whether its really worth it or not.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Go to their nutrition site. Maybe there is something you can work into the day without cheating. Occassionally, I'll have a 4-pc chicken nugget kids meal. For breakfast, I might do fruit n yogurt parfait and hashbrown. For me, depriving myself destroys my motivation so I usually plan my meals so that I can have the foods I'm craving. Yesterday, I had Taco Bell with the new cherry creme Fruitista. It was sooooo good.
  • If I get the urge or we are running around and havent planned, I get a kids meal.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Omg lol that was my husband last night at midnight going on and on because he was debating to get up and go lol! He didn't thou!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Omg lol that was my husband last night at midnight going on and on because he was debating to get up and go lol! He didn't thou!

I don't believe I've ever wanted *anything* badly enough at midnight that i would debate leaving my house. In pretty much all cases (use your imagination if you like), I have something around the house that will do.

It could make me lazy. I prefer the term, creative.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    I should have refrained from reading this post. But I have had McDonald's since starting on MFP Sept 13. The other day it was a half of a McChicken. Just depends on my mood. But I do my food diary math first. After reading this post though now I want to make a trip to Taco Bell! Guess I need to check into the nutrition values there and see if I can fit it in one day this week!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    You can absolutely have McDonald's if you want. Eventually you'll get to the point where McDonald's grosses you out, but for now, there's nothing wrong with having it every now and then. You don't even have to go for a salad or grilled chicken (which are often worse than the french fries and burgers). Budget out your calories and go for it. Get a kid's meal. And, if the french fries aren't your favorite, get apple slices instead to cut even more calories. Or if you could care less for the cheeseburger, splurge on just the fries.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    A McDonalds what exactly?

then eat it.
    if you can fit it into you macros for the day, it's not gonna hurt your progress.
  • A McDonalds what exactly?

then eat it.
    if you can fit it into you macros for the day, it's not gonna hurt your progress.
    I am thankfully too lazy to venture to a McDoalds and dnt have a car... I am saved! xx
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    So have McDonald's.
    Eventually you'll get to the point where McDonald's grosses you out
    Says who? I eat McDonald's a few times a month, and Wendy's and Taco Bell a few times a month as well. Hasn't grossed me out yet.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    have it! every now and then I want chicken nuggets, just want them. I adjust my workout and my calorie count for the day to offset the food choice I made. But I'm sure everyone won't agree, but it works for me.