Replies

• alirae75
    Options
    Rough couple of exercise & food days...

One mile Thursday and 6 today.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Thank (insert deity here) it's finally the weekend! This week has felt soooo long! Anyhow, here's your updates for the day. I totaled 7.6 miles at the gym today :) I look forward to adding on miles from more of you tomorrow, we've only got 1 1/2 days left!

You current totals are:

*PlunderBunneh - 34.27 miles
    Mmuzzy1068 - 15 miles
    Lolomichelle13 - 16.87 miles
    Lstnlondry - 22.02 miles
    Alirae75 - 17 miles
    *Lazyspice - 26.9 miles
    *Riamlems - 25 miles
    Nanalulu9 - 4 miles
    Upti5872 - 14.90 miles
    *Trianaw - 29.27 miles
    *Candice83 - 51.5 miles
    Rabbitslave - 9 miles
    Tryharderdobetter - 6.5 miles
    *Lglg11 - 27.5 miles
    Miggy52 - 6.74 miles
    Saishalea - 12 miles

*If there is a * by your name, you have completed your 25 miles with time to spare! Well done! Feel free to keep adding miles if you are still accumulating them, and I look forward to you joining me for next week's challenge as well!

Happy Miles!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Thrusday 10/13
    Total 3.96 miles (dogwalk/hike)

Friday 10/14
    3.07 miles Am walk
    2.79 miles on eliptical
    1.65 miles running
    Total 7.51

Both days Total:11.47
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    5 miles for Saturday th_thumbsup.gif

Everyone is doing so well this week!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    5 miles for Saturday th_thumbsup.gif

Everyone is doing so well this week!

I agree! Theres such a drive in this challeng as well....good company!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2 miles for Saturday.
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not doing well on my miles :sad: ! However I will try to do better!

Mon 10/10 1.25 miles
    Tues 10/11 0 miles
    Wed 10/12 0 miles
    Thurs 10/13 1.25 miles
    Fri 10/14 1.25 miles
    Sat 10/15 0 miles

total so far 3.75 miles

One more day to get some additional miles in.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    This challenge actually started as a walking/running 10 miles challenge about seven weeks ago. After an ankle injury, I had to move to lower impact workouts, and upped the miles to compensate for that. It's much quicker to push out ten miles on a bike than a treadmill ;) 25 miles seems to be a good number for most of us, although I'm thinking about upping to 30 in a couple of weeks.
    I love this challenge, and I love that you all are doing it with me! See you for the update later! I'm gonna go do a couple miles running now.

PB, as our little group is growing nicely do you think it might be an idea to have stepped challenge options? Bearing in mind we started at 10, perhaps 15, 25 and 35 or something like that? Or maybe we could pledge hopw many miles we want to do that week?

I'm happy to move up to 30+ and that's probably true for several others but it might be a bit much for some of the more recent joiners - it would be a shame to lose anyone if they were worried about keeping up or felt intimidated by the progress of others.

I don't mean that to sound patronising but I know when I first joined that there was no way I would join a challenge where people were doing over 20 miles a week - I'm amazed that after less than 2 months I'm now one of them!
  • nonconformist1
    nonconformist1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today is my day one. I'm in and excited!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    LazySpice writes "PB, as our little group is growing nicely do you think it might be an idea to have stepped challenge options? Bearing in mind we started at 10, perhaps 15, 25 and 35 or something like that? Or maybe we could pledge hope many miles we want to do that week?
    I'm happy to move up to 30+ and that's probably true for several others but it might be a bit much for some of the more recent joiners - it would be a shame to lose anyone if they were worried about keeping up or felt intimidated by the progress of others.
    I don't mean that to sound patronizing but I know when I first joined that there was no way I would join a challenge where people were doing over 20 miles a week - I'm amazed that after less than 2 months I'm now one of them!"

I've actually been thinking the same thing, but haven't figured out a way to do it. I love having this many people joining up with us, but I'm ready to move on to 30. I'm glad you posted this, I think having stepped groups just might work, say a group for 10, a group for 20, and a group for 30?

What does everyone else think? Want to sign up for your preferred mile group next week and track that way?

I'm hesitant to do pledged mile amounts this upcoming week, it will be my first week using a spreadsheet to log everyone's miles and totals and there may be a few bugs to work out, but if stepped groups don't work out, than we can for sure try that the following week.

Let me know what you think!!

edited to add in the quotes, html fail for me.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Saturday 10/15
    5.03 hiking & dogwalk

PS: I don't care what the challenge/group is- I want IN!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Finished a 5k today in 31.45 . It was only my second 5k run and I took over 3 mins off my last time . YEA ME!

SO another 3.1 miles for Sunday and I AM DONE :)

I am a newcomer to the group and I do love being here! Thank you for having me and for motivating me to keep running!
    I dropped 2 lbs this week and am thrilled because I was in a rut.

I think doing a 10, 20 or 30 mile challenge is a great idea PB. Of course its easy for me to say since I'm not the one keeping
    track of everyone so I say do whatever works for you !

have a great day everyone !
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Finished a 5k today in 31.45 . It was only my second 5k run and I took over 3 mins off my last time . YEA ME!

Well done! :flowerforyou:

I started C25K yesterday so I'm looking forward to the day I can do that too.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Sunday 10/16
    3.73 dogwalk
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2 miles for Sunday - that's me done for this week :smile:

Total miles: 33.9
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    I got in my 13.1 (1/2) marathon in + an additional 2.15 miles for a total of 15.25
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    I got in my 13.1 (1/2) marathon in + an additional 2.15 miles for a total of 15.25

You are AWESOME!!
  • tl1621
    tl1621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group, so count me in!
  • lazyspice
    Options

Well done!
  • mmuzzy1068
    Options
    Hi all, sorry, I have to drop from the challenges. As you may know (by my posts) I am training for a 5 mile run on Thanksgiving Day. Well I have checked in with a friend who is a trainer and I work with her now as well as when I worked at a gym, I have to cut back on the running...I am not resting enough. So with that said, it has been a great ride and all of you keep up the great work. You are all amazing and can do this!! I will still be running and training, just not as hard core...will be mixing it up quite a bit so won't be able to really log mileage in order to hang with all of you. Maybe I can meet up with all of you again once raceday comes and goes.

Thanks so much, friend me if you wish.
    Enjoy! :happy: