ANNOYING/AGITATING calorie people

People who eat <1000 calories a day. Or who if they eat 1800 calories they complain it was way too much. 1000 is LOW, you're depriving your body and setting yourself up for a giant binge session because your body craves the nutrients you're lacking. Most people burn 1200 calories just sleeping in bed all day, not lifting a finger. Sure, the fast weight loss is great in the beginning, but it will stop and you'll start eating everything you've been missing and gain it back. A lot of members doing this are actually overweight-probably from the yoyo dieting of severe caloric restriction and bingeing.

Why am I posting this rant?!? Because I'm sick of posting my daily intake and feeling bad about how high my number is compared to the people complaining about their low numbers being too high.

Eat your calories- "it took more than a day to put it on, it will take more than a day to take it off".

Don't get mad at me for posting this if you don't agree...BUT if you do agree, add me as a friend!

Replies

• LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you for posting this!
    I find it very annoying too!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Great rant I agree with you.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Amen..or people who have weight loss goals that will put them at an anorexic BMI..
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member

Eat your calories- "it took more than a day to put it on, it will take more than a day to take it off".

I love that...
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202 Member
    I'm so glad you posted this because for the past couple nights I've been questioning my calorie intake and wondering if I should be eating a strict 1200 or if I should make sure not to eat back any exercise calories. Any time I eat 1200 i barely have energy to get through the work day. I don't know how some people do it.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    haha so true! I eat an average of 1200 calories per day and some days I go over and other days I stay under but its mainly because I exercise. I have to stay creative/ prepare my meals in advance so I don't go over.
  • You're so right. Starvation is not going to work. Yo-yo and binge cycling is how we got here in the first place.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    I am one of the people eating the lower end but please before you reach throught the computer screen and punch me ...let me say ,.I am not doing this on purpose. I am currently trying very very hard to UP my calories..I also agree you need the calories. I just have no appetite...it's so freaking annoying now to have lost almost 100 lbs and now I need only 10 more..and now I'm fighting the opposite end of the battle. To eat more not less LOLOLOL. Yea I feel crazy just typing that. I am a food addict or well a recovering one. I am a recovering carb addict. I have turned food into food to live not living for food. So now I rarely eat for pleasure. I just eat enough to live and actually struggle eating period. It's a day by day thing I will figure this out. The only good side is that I haven't stalled..I am still losing. I just don't like seeing "your eating too few calories' every *&^**(^^ day!!!

Sorry just venting.

Eat girl !! your doing the RIGHT THING!

PS I printed out some recipes and the fall weather always puts me in cooking/baking mode so I think I'll be doing better.

Nichole
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    i3u.jpg
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Wow, allow me to apologise for interfering in your wellbeing by meeting my own goals and eating the way I choose to. Perhaps if you feel insecure about your own calorie intake you could try not looking at other peoples' diaries, or remind yourself that everyone's goals are their own, and if you take in more calories than someone else its probably because, just maybe, your life is not the same as theirs.

Sorry to be harsh but I feel quite strongly that forum posts aimed at shaming or judging the conduct of other members are generally unhelpful.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    I couldn't agree more.

1000 calories is perfectly acceptable for someone who is 1.37m or 4' 5" tall...

If you are not that short then you need to eat more calories!

Weight loss DOES NOT equal fat loss.

Losing larger amounts of body fat will make you much more attractive and healthy than losing large numbers on a scale. Fitness models for example are much heavier than an average woman their height because they have muscle and definition. To maintain that they need to eat.

Isn't the goal of being fit and healthy to be in a healthy weight while eating as much as you can get away with?
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    That being said sometimes it is hard for people to meet their calorie requirements for the day.

For example, on weekends after a century+ bike ride I find it difficult to eat the 4000-5000+ calories I need to make up for the energy expended. Somehow I manage though...
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Since I am new to this site and have been a yo yo dieter ... I can work out like crazy eat salads and lose weight then it comes back. The last couple years I have been trying to balance my proteins, fats and carbs. I like the site for that - assuming it is going with some kind of RDA recommended amounts for 1200 calorie diet.
    I am a SAHM and homeschool, so I put in my info that I was sedentary, I have a bad knee and my back can hurt -- which I know the weight loss will help. I am starting slower with my excercise, trying to build stamina. Doing 30 min or so of brisk power walk.. went a mile last wee and did mile and a half today. Feeling stronger.
    Not feeling weak, but want to make sure I am not messing up on the calories. So far today I think I have 400 more I can eat. Not real hungry, was thinking of having some vegetables for dinner because I am at my protein intake for the day, just over in my fiber and have 90 carbs left.

Any suggestions so I can have steady healthy weight loss that will stay off., I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary loss. I figure it will take me a couple years to reach my goal.

Besides the walking I did arms two days ago and legs yesterday, Didn't get any strength training in today though. Also, when is too late at night to walk or do the treadmill?

tHanks
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    i agree. if you dont like it dont friend those people.
    I am one of the people eating the lower end but please before you reach throught the computer screen and punch me ...let me say ,.I am not doing this on purpose. I am currently trying very very hard to UP my calories..I also agree you need the calories. I just have no appetite...it's so freaking annoying now to have lost almost 100 lbs and now I need only 10 more..and now I'm fighting the opposite end of the battle. To eat more not less LOLOLOL. Yea I feel crazy just typing that. I am a food addict or well a recovering one. I am a recovering carb addict. I have turned food into food to live not living for food. So now I rarely eat for pleasure. I just eat enough to live and actually struggle eating period. It's a day by day thing I will figure this out. The only good side is that I haven't stalled..I am still losing. I just don't like seeing "your eating too few calories' every *&^**(^^ day!!!

Sorry just venting.

Eat girl !! your doing the RIGHT THING!

PS I printed out some recipes and the fall weather always puts me in cooking/baking mode so I think I'll be doing better.

Nichole
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    I'm so glad you posted this because for the past couple nights I've been questioning my calorie intake and wondering if I should be eating a strict 1200 or if I should make sure not to eat back any exercise calories. Any time I eat 1200 i barely have energy to get through the work day. I don't know how some people do it.

i went through the same thing. The guided goals brought me down to 1200 calories eventually, and I felt like I was STARVING myself. I changed the goals through customizing, and brought it up to 1400. My body likes me so much better now!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    It can be really hard to get enough calories because the first thing people do is drop the crap. 1200 calories of real food is A Lot of food. It can take a bit to get into the swing and it takes most people by surprise because they expect to be hungry and they just aren't. It took me about 2 months and then I got hungry and now I can put away my 1500 no problem. But it took a bit and, again, the surprise of not wanting it at first. You have to eat when you're hungry and don't worry when you're not.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Wow, allow me to apologise for interfering in your wellbeing by meeting my own goals and eating the way I choose to. Perhaps if you feel insecure about your own calorie intake you could try not looking at other peoples' diaries, or remind yourself that everyone's goals are their own, and if you take in more calories than someone else its probably because, just maybe, your life is not the same as theirs.

Sorry to be harsh but I feel quite strongly that forum posts aimed at shaming or judging the conduct of other members are generally unhelpful.

:flowerforyou:

Way too many threads are started with the intent of making someone - or many people - wrong. Why go looking for a fight?
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Amen!!!

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    What I mean, is. Stop these types of threads.
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member

wish there was a like button,*like* <
    click