Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #12

Options

Replies

• Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!! Hope you're having a great day so far :wink:

Sugs94 ~ Welcome back!!!! WOW you are only up 1.8, that is AMAZING. We are here to help you get rid of that and move on! Hope you had a great time

Cohawk11 ~ Yikes so sorry about the injury. It sounds like you are working it and doing a great job exercising with your limitations!! Do you watch the Biggest Loser. I caught up on last weeks and one of them was injuryed and lost 16#!!!!!! OMG you can do it!!!!

Butterbuns30 & MarlenaLB ~ Get back up on the horse and ride!!!! Don't look back it won't help! You just need to keep logging in and move forward. WE are here for you!

Do any of you journal????? I don't really..but I do have a diet, weight loss, life style spiral notebook. I started it in 2004 and have looking back WOW interesting! It is full of different diets I have started, some logging of food and water, measurements, weights and some writing with MANY of the entries starting with Begin again, I am going to make my goal this time and Here We Go Again Forever!!!! Well I have bought myself a new book and this is it!!!!! I am going to write my favorite quotes in it and write about this journey, just write what I need to.

This group has been so inspiring for me and I really feel like THIS IS IT! I might and will slip but checking in will keep me going the right way. I feel like you guys are with me all the time, OK most of the time, telling me eat this not that and pushing me to the gym. THANKS

I was depressed and overwhelmed yesterday. I didn't want to share since I like to stay positive. But I know that when are aren't feeling up we need to share that too. We need help when we are feeling down and starting to go the wrong way.

Today is good - However I should be working..... so I guess I should get to that. I hope you are all having a GOOD DAY :bigsmile:

THANKS
    Judy....I'm glad you are feeling better today. I also have journaled on/off and been through a long journey of trying. Also feel like I have found a have found a niche and I am not giving up this time. Thanks for your encouragement...keep up the good work!!!!
    P.S. I did have a great time and owe my small weight gain to all the walking I did....I walked all over Rome...up and down hills in Tuscany and down a mountain in Amalfi not to mention all over other towns/cities etc. I didn't eat smartly...but I loved every bite!!!!!!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It really sounds like everyone is getting a second wave of motivation. (Myself included) Let's all work together and tackle all the bumps in our world! We will get to the top of that mountain!!!

I'm going to zumba tonight. My first class that I will be attending since June! My mom is my motivation to start it up again. This is something that we do together, and she kept asking me when I was ready to start again. I am ready!
  • azeria
    Options
    Had my first NSV today!!! When I got to my zumba class (which I haven't attended in 3 months), the lady that punches our cards in said to me. You lost weight haven't you? I said yes. She asked me how much and I told her and then she had to tell the instructor... I was a little afraid that it would bring too much attention to me, but not too bad. I kind of liked the little bit. The instructor said that she noticed as soon as I walked in also!

It feels nice!!!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Had my first NSV today!!! When I got to my zumba class (which I haven't attended in 3 months), the lady that punches our cards in said to me. You lost weight haven't you? I said yes. She asked me how much and I told her and then she had to tell the instructor... I was a little afraid that it would bring too much attention to me, but not too bad. I kind of liked the little bit. The instructor said that she noticed as soon as I walked in also!

It feels nice!!!

Whoo hoo, What an awesome NSV. Little things like that make us feel great. I still have a hard time just saying "thank you" when people compliment me. I have to stop myself sometimes because I always have a response that negates all my hard work.

We are so wonderful and beautiful and we should shout it to the world!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    My son, Ody after 3.5 weeks in the hospital should come home from the hospital tomorrow unless something changes!!:bigsmile: Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes! Ody is still going to be recovering for a while but he gets to do it at home. :smile: He a significant amount of loss weight and muscle tone while being in the hospital. Soon I will be able to focus on my weight loss a little better. Have a great night. :)
  • azeria
    Options
    thanks GennyBunny! You are right. It is so hard to accept that compliment. A part of me just wanted to go and hide while the other part was kind of liking the compliment

Angie, I'm so glad to hear that Ody is feeling better and will finish the healing process at home. He'll probably feel more comfortable there and maybe that will help his recovery. I'll keep praying for him.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    WHEW! Wednesday... yes it is, and it's almost over here in Jersey. On the other side of the pond, Happy Thursday :) On the west coast, I hope you're having a lovely evening.

Let me first apologize for being MIA for the last two days. The past two weeks have been exhausting. I work for a social services agency and have always felt like my job was not secure. Today, it was confirmed that it is not. At this moment I still have a job but I'm not really sure how long that is going to last. I put in a little over 53 hours last week (not including teaching) and already this week I have 28 hours (and that was with Monday off for Columbus Day). I had a very long discussion with my boss today about how being in constant fear of losing my job has really made a negative impact on me mentally and physically. I haven't really slept in the last two weeks, been really snippy, and started having chest pain again yesterday and today. I can honestly say I have the most amazing boss and she is an absolute inspiration to me. I will forever compare any boss I have to her. HOWEVER, there are bigger dogs in our herd and unfortunately she can only go so far to save me. With that being said, I am on a desperate hunt for a new job. :sad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :embarassed: :frown:

Ok, now back to us here in CCC! I just wanted to say how impressed I am with everyone's results last week! We topped our weekly total for the first time in 3 weeks! AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!

Welcome back to Sugs94 from Italy, MarlenaLB from a 5 week hiatus, and Beautyinthedark from a couple weeks of break. We are all so happy to have you back! For those that missed last week's weigh-in but have sent me your info, I have it all in the chart for next week. Don't worry, we're not letting go of you that easily :wink:

johanna_elaine - hope you're feeling better and good luck with the dog!

jiminyc - lucky dog :smile: See it's not just us that benefits from being healthier!

mollybeslimmer - hope your health issues are clearing up. I put your weight in for next week so feel free to post again this week for the new chart.

Trixtabella - I'm glad you liked the pilates! That was one of my goals was to expose people to different things :drinker: SUCCESS!

phoenix113 - I do the same thing with weighing in everyday, sometimes twice a day. I feel that as long as you are not harping on the small differences between each day and look at the big picture, than you're ok. If you want to change it, I suggest putting the scale in your car. This way there's no way you can step on it. When it's time for weigh-in, bring it in and then bring it right back out.

nevermorex - don't give up! You are so close to your Christmas goal already! Everytime you start overeating, stare at the food in your hand for a bit before you decide whether or not you REALLY want to put it in your mouth. If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer :flowerforyou:

azeria - LOVE THE BUMPS! Glad to have you in the game :) Keep climbing that mountain! And what a super awesome NSV today!!! That should be an awesome boost to your confidence!

gennybunny1 - so glad to have you back!!!!! I will take care of changing your goal, not a problem :happy: Awesome job with the run/jog/bruising :wink: That's how I started so you are already on your way to running a marathon! At least you are closer than you were the day before!

cohawk11 - glad you're still with us! Consistency is something that I'm sure is difficult for a lot of us, myself definitely included. But honestly, the only true consistent people are dead. By that I mean it's ok to change things up, take a break, live life. Just as long as you keep your goal in mind and work towards that, it doesn't have to be the same all the time. :happy: I hope your injury heals quickly and you're back on the train again!

PositivePower - You are incredible! I am so glad you felt comfortable letting us into your not-so-good day. We are all entitled to them and it keeps us all human. We all know what an inspiration your are! And we thank you for it :heart:

gardenimp - CONGRATULATIONS on the 50 pound mark!!!

shaverkl191 - Another 20 pounds?!?!? :huh: :noway: :huh: How about a second opinion?!?!

Cmuehe - Hope everything goes well with your thyroid!

patty9013 - I hope you've had time to take a breath, or three or four! Sounds like you need a vacation!

roseagee - great job getting past that plateau! Keep em comin!

luvmyjp - AWESOME NSV! That must have felt great! And love your quote too

angiemcnett - As always, Ody is in my thoughts! I hope he is able to come home soon and is feeling much better! :heart:

yramesor333 - your husband is in our thoughts and prayers ::hugs:: If you need anything, we're here for you!

SORRY IF I MISSED ANYONE!!! Was trying to catch up on reading all the posts and checking in with everyone. Thank you all for sticking with this challenge! CCC means a lot to me, and that's because of all of you :heart:

As far as the challenges this week, I had a couple planned but because it's already almost Thursday, I will hold off on them until next week. For this week your physical and personal challenges are below:

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE:
    I would like for you all to recap some of the exercises we have done together to give you a full work out. Between now and Monday, complete 20 burpees, 20 crossover crunches, 20 plie kicks, 20 jumping jacks (in place of jumping rope), and 20 minutes of dancing. As always push yourself harder if you can, but never push yourself to injury.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE:
    Now, we're all girls here and the older I get, the more I realize how important my girl friends are. However, life usually gets in the way of keeping up with our friends. It becomes easier to send a quick Facebook message or a quick text. But I know personally there are a couple friends that I haven't reached out to in a while with a personal phone call, just to chat and say hi. The last time I did that, my friend on the other line was shocked and didn't know how to react to call that was just to say HELLO!

That is your challenge... Call someone you haven't spoken to in a while and reconnect with a verbal conversation. It doesn't have to be an hour long, it can be a simple five minutes. But you'll be amazed to "hear the smile" on the other person's face :bigsmile:

As always... LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job situation, Jenn! Hope you can find something else soon!! In the meantime, though, take care of yourself! Try to get some sleep and make sure you're taking some time to relax so those chest pains don't get worse!

Hang in there, my friend!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Thanks Jenn for all you do and I hope you can get into a job that's a lot less stressful. Sometimes forced change is as good as planned change. Be kind to yourself and hopefully the job market will be kind as well.
  • luvmyjp
    luvmyjp Posts: 49
    Options
    My son, Ody after 3.5 weeks in the hospital should come home from the hospital tomorrow unless something changes!!:bigsmile: Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes! Ody is still going to be recovering for a while but he gets to do it at home. :smile: He a significant amount of loss weight and muscle tone while being in the hospital. Soon I will be able to focus on my weight loss a little better. Have a great night. :)

Thats AWESOME :flowerforyou:
  • luvmyjp
    luvmyjp Posts: 49
    Options
    WHEW! Wednesday... yes it is, and it's almost over here in Jersey. On the other side of the pond, Happy Thursday :) On the west coast, I hope you're having a lovely evening.

Let me first apologize for being MIA for the last two days. The past two weeks have been exhausting. I work for a social services agency and have always felt like my job was not secure. Today, it was confirmed that it is not. At this moment I still have a job but I'm not really sure how long that is going to last. I put in a little over 53 hours last week (not including teaching) and already this week I have 28 hours (and that was with Monday off for Columbus Day). I had a very long discussion with my boss today about how being in constant fear of losing my job has really made a negative impact on me mentally and physically. I haven't really slept in the last two weeks, been really snippy, and started having chest pain again yesterday and today. I can honestly say I have the most amazing boss and she is an absolute inspiration to me. I will forever compare any boss I have to her. HOWEVER, there are bigger dogs in our herd and unfortunately she can only go so far to save me. With that being said, I am on a desperate hunt for a new job. :sad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :embarassed: :frown:

Ok, now back to us here in CCC! I just wanted to say how impressed I am with everyone's results last week! We topped our weekly total for the first time in 3 weeks! AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!

Welcome back to Sugs94 from Italy, MarlenaLB from a 5 week hiatus, and Beautyinthedark from a couple weeks of break. We are all so happy to have you back! For those that missed last week's weigh-in but have sent me your info, I have it all in the chart for next week. Don't worry, we're not letting go of you that easily :wink:

johanna_elaine - hope you're feeling better and good luck with the dog!

jiminyc - lucky dog :smile: See it's not just us that benefits from being healthier!

mollybeslimmer - hope your health issues are clearing up. I put your weight in for next week so feel free to post again this week for the new chart.

Trixtabella - I'm glad you liked the pilates! That was one of my goals was to expose people to different things :drinker: SUCCESS!

phoenix113 - I do the same thing with weighing in everyday, sometimes twice a day. I feel that as long as you are not harping on the small differences between each day and look at the big picture, than you're ok. If you want to change it, I suggest putting the scale in your car. This way there's no way you can step on it. When it's time for weigh-in, bring it in and then bring it right back out.

nevermorex - don't give up! You are so close to your Christmas goal already! Everytime you start overeating, stare at the food in your hand for a bit before you decide whether or not you REALLY want to put it in your mouth. If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer :flowerforyou:

azeria - LOVE THE BUMPS! Glad to have you in the game :) Keep climbing that mountain! And what a super awesome NSV today!!! That should be an awesome boost to your confidence!

gennybunny1 - so glad to have you back!!!!! I will take care of changing your goal, not a problem :happy: Awesome job with the run/jog/bruising :wink: That's how I started so you are already on your way to running a marathon! At least you are closer than you were the day before!

cohawk11 - glad you're still with us! Consistency is something that I'm sure is difficult for a lot of us, myself definitely included. But honestly, the only true consistent people are dead. By that I mean it's ok to change things up, take a break, live life. Just as long as you keep your goal in mind and work towards that, it doesn't have to be the same all the time. :happy: I hope your injury heals quickly and you're back on the train again!

PositivePower - You are incredible! I am so glad you felt comfortable letting us into your not-so-good day. We are all entitled to them and it keeps us all human. We all know what an inspiration your are! And we thank you for it :heart:

gardenimp - CONGRATULATIONS on the 50 pound mark!!!

shaverkl191 - Another 20 pounds?!?!? :huh: :noway: :huh: How about a second opinion?!?!

Cmuehe - Hope everything goes well with your thyroid!

patty9013 - I hope you've had time to take a breath, or three or four! Sounds like you need a vacation!

roseagee - great job getting past that plateau! Keep em comin!

luvmyjp - AWESOME NSV! That must have felt great! And love your quote too

angiemcnett - As always, Ody is in my thoughts! I hope he is able to come home soon and is feeling much better! :heart:

yramesor333 - your husband is in our thoughts and prayers ::hugs:: If you need anything, we're here for you!

SORRY IF I MISSED ANYONE!!! Was trying to catch up on reading all the posts and checking in with everyone. Thank you all for sticking with this challenge! CCC means a lot to me, and that's because of all of you :heart:

As far as the challenges this week, I had a couple planned but because it's already almost Thursday, I will hold off on them until next week. For this week your physical and personal challenges are below:

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE:
    I would like for you all to recap some of the exercises we have done together to give you a full work out. Between now and Monday, complete 20 burpees, 20 crossover crunches, 20 plie kicks, 20 jumping jacks (in place of jumping rope), and 20 minutes of dancing. As always push yourself harder if you can, but never push yourself to injury.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE:
    Now, we're all girls here and the older I get, the more I realize how important my girl friends are. However, life usually gets in the way of keeping up with our friends. It becomes easier to send a quick Facebook message or a quick text. But I know personally there are a couple friends that I haven't reached out to in a while with a personal phone call, just to chat and say hi. The last time I did that, my friend on the other line was shocked and didn't know how to react to call that was just to say HELLO!

That is your challenge... Call someone you haven't spoken to in a while and reconnect with a verbal conversation. It doesn't have to be an hour long, it can be a simple five minutes. But you'll be amazed to "hear the smile" on the other person's face :bigsmile:

As always... LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: I think this is an AWESOME challange :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thanks for all your hard work :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Jenn, fingers crossed with the job situation! :heart:

My weigh-in this week is going to be awful. Between not caring as much as I should have + TOM, the scale probably isn't going to be too pretty. :grumble: BUUUTTTTT, I'll find a way to get my butt back into gear. :smile:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Jenn-
    Sorry to hear about your job situation. Will be praying that you find a new one or that this one stabilizes. Thanks for all your support and your work on this while you are going through that. Keep up the good attitude...you are a fighter!!!!!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yeah - The weekend is in site!!!!!!!! I am wishing you all a great day full of GOOD CHOICES. On the subject of weighing everyday I weighed this morning and have lost was I gained last week. But....we will see what Mr. Scale has to say tomorrow. I plan on having another good day today.

Yesterday was really good with eating. I also am happy report I went to running class and we were bumped up to run 5 mins walk 1. Well I said the 4 mins was easier than I thought. 5 mins is totally different :sad: It seemed much harder!!! Some people said maybe because of the heat, it was close to 100 yesterday, but around 89 when we ran. I don't want to use the heat as an excuse so I am going to have to work harder. I came home after running dinner and taking care of my Dad. I had about 300 cals left when I closed out my day. Then I couldn't get to sleep, restless legs and needed chocolate!!!!!! I got up and made myself a big glass of chocolate Milk!!! I know it's OK but I want to try to stay somewhat under my calories. I guess I am over it, and it was really good :devil:

Angie ~ I am pulling for you and your family!!!! So happy your son is home today, I bet he is too. :happy:

AZ ~ Dance Girl!!!!!!! Amazing I am soooo happy you made it to Zumba!!! Hugs to your Mom for getting you there and enjoy your time together!!!!!! So happy about your NSV too! You have all the tools to be full steam ahead!!!! :bigsmile:

Jenn ~ Wow that's stress. So sorry, but feel good you are doing all you can to save your job. If you need to move on remember when a door shuts another will open and I bet it will be even better !!!! TRY TRY TRY to take just a few moments for you!!!

I will catch up with you all later - I guess I should get to work :frown:
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ugh I've been sick all week and feel lousy...BUUT I think it has helped me so far...I have no appetite for the junk food that I usually do and I've been drinking water and tea like its my job!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Ugh I've been sick all week and feel lousy...BUUT I think it has helped me so far...I have no appetite for the junk food that I usually do and I've been drinking water and tea like its my job!

Well that's bad and good at the same time. Hope you feel better but keep up on the hydration. Hydrating is key to a speedy recovery. Hugs.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

Hope you get to feeling better!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wow, the weeks go by fast, can't believe its almost Friday already. I got sick earlier this week, and I feel bad because I'm currently in a Biggest Loser challenge on MFP, and I am totally letting my team down.:frown: I'm hoping to have at least an "ok" weigh in this week. Not expecting to much considering I was up a few pounds on Monday. I'm getting really excited for Christmas though. It will be super cool if I can reach my goal. I was having dreams about Christmas pictures last night lol. I have one Christmas where I was just having a bad year, depression, and I look horribly in the family photos, and I think I'm the heaviest I've been in them. I never even put them up... I just conveniently kept "forgetting". Well we are due this year to get some new ones taken, and I feel excited that I might not have to pretend I lost them :laugh: .

These are those *shudder* photos.... (not to mention I should have never went blonde :noway: ) from 2009.

764037003_ktjcd-M.jpg764037130_rveqJ-S.jpg
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh Jenn, sorry to hear about your job. It can be such a worry when you dont know what is going to happen and have to start looking for another job in case you need a new one! I hope you are able to find a new job, or that the situation is resolved in the job you are in now! Sending you lots of big hugs x :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: