MFP vs Spark People

13»

Replies

• FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    I tried for a long time to like sparkpeopl, but there is SSSOOOOOO MUUUUCHHH going on in their websight....the design is awful.

MFP is just clean and simple and works.

I don't know that I ever mentioned SP to anyone that I knew. I've told probably five or six people about MFP.

It just works.
  • After using SparkPeople for nearly 2 years, I found MFP and tbh, I probably wouldn't go back to SP to track, because it's much more easier to find things here, and the variety of food from NZ/Aus is bigger than SP. I do read their articles though, because I like them and I find them interesting, along with their workout videos. But other than that, I prefer MFP for almost everything.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    I have heard about spark ppl but not sure how it is. I hear its just like MFP though
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    A friend of mine told me about Spark People, but it looks like a very similar program as MFP. I am very happy with MFP, my question is is there any reason you would do both?
    I never heard of Spark People before.....
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    I was on Spark People first. Hated it. Too busy/confusing. MFP is awesome. It wasn't until I found MFP that I became really successful with my weight loss.
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    I really like the support I have found on MFP.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Just had to check. Saw the title and thought we might be going to war.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    I tried Spark People.

There is a such thing as TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

From the spark points, to the advertisements, to the spark groups, I lost all of my spark with that site.

MFP is much similar and I enjoy the social aspect of it also.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    I like MFP a lot better. The site is nicer and easier to use. I also like the people here better as the over the top rainbows, sunshine and unicorns of the Uber positive without being grounded in the real world didn't rub me the right way.

People here tend to tell it like it is and there are lot more people that know what they're talking about here.
    What you are saying is we rub you right.

Did someone say rubbing? My kitty is very interested.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Tried sparkpeople last year for a short time. Was too confusing for me to use and had me in information overload. MFP is much more user friendly IMO. I also like having a friend's list of people that support me here.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    I would't do both. They are very similar and it would just be double the amount of work! I switched over from Spark People because this format seemed a little better and I like the community here. :)

Same here,
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    I use fatsecret.com for my food logging because I like their food calendar better, but the people on MFP are WAY better, so I always find myself spending more time here than anywhere else.

Hello from Chicago!
    Looks like MFP is winning hands down. :smile: i do use SPARKPEOPLE.COM for their exercise videos and motivation articles. I just checked out FATSECRET.COM mentioned above and decided to join for the many different challenges the site has. I actually joined 2 challenges that will be starting next week at that site. MPF is still my choice for food & exercise tracking. I think it has the largest food database and a great community.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    I found it the day after I found MFP. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out to figure out which worked best. It was totally overwhelming to me. I logged out and haven't been back since.