13 diet food that make you fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• TanyaDelAngel
    TanyaDelAngel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Non-fat cottage cheese isn't fattening. It's sodium content might make you retain a little bit of water, but that is different from being fat. Non-fat cottage cheese is a terrific source of protein.

I agree I don't trust that website the best thing is to check the label :) Not yahoo just speaking of one brand and saying all is bad.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article too carefully but I assume it's targeted to those not as informed as all of us HERE. People read popcorn as okay, not knowing that moive popcorn is evil.

People read that greek yorgurt is fine, not knowing the full fat one isn't that great. But dang those taste good
    This. and I think they were talking about the sodium content in some cottage cheese.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article too carefully but I assume it's targeted to those not as informed as all of us HERE. People read popcorn as okay, not knowing that moive popcorn is evil.

People read that greek yorgurt is fine, not knowing the full fat one isn't that great. But dang those taste good
    This. and I think they were talking about the sodium content in some cottage cheese.

Sodium doesn't even make you fat. You may retain water yes, but not gain fat just from a high sodium food. This is ridiculous.
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Some of us are smart enough to choose the full fat versions ; ). As long as they don't contain canola oil or other bad seed oils.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Why don't you read first what it has to say about Greek yogurt - it lists the fat content in full fat Greek yogurt. An alternative is always 0% fat greek yogurt. Or you could always just work it into your daily goals.

This article is rather misleading - it lists movie theatre popcorn and processed foods such as frozen dinners and sausages as supposed "healthy" foods. Clearly someone is being paid to write articles with buzz words without doing even an inch of research... And that's my 2 cents.

I agree with what you are saying............

However, I lose weight just fine eating the full fat classic Fage Greek Yogurt and as a matter of fact I eat upwards of 70% fat everyday and I am losing fine.

Those processed foods listed as healthy are what was paid for by the food companies to tout as healthy and put down the natural foods.............

Some common sense goes a long way.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Some of us are smart enough to choose the full fat versions ; ). As long as they don't contain canola oil or other bad seed oils.

Exactly. :flowerforyou: