The 3 real reasons you’re still out of shape

Options

Replies

• keinanbriggs
    Options
    Sleepytexan
    Okok.... makes it difficult to succeed*

Still over 90% of people who diet fail .... that's an F- ... much due to lack of knowledge
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Sleepytexan

Still over 90% of people who diet fail .... that's an F- ... much due to lack of knowledge

90% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Sleepytexan

It ain't difficult. It's a choice.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Sleepytexan

now that is a statistic I believe....
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Sleepytexan

yes. ha ha, that was a joke :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you, how many hours have you spent in a kinesiology class and/or spent getting a fitness training certification? If your answer is little to none, you can’t expect to succeed.
    This is why I'm failing?! Thank you so much. I feel enlightened now.
  • cynfullcyn
    cynfullcyn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sleepytexan

I think you missed the ananlogy

It helps to have the tools for success.... the same reason you need ingredents to make a good tasting dinner.

Well I think what you meant to say was that people need to take time to educate themselves about the process. However, what you DID say is that you can't expect to succeed if you have spent little or no time in a kinesiology class or getting a personal training certificate--absolutely not true.

my point is I don't need to make widgets myself to know how to manage a widget factory.

Now, if you meant that we all need to hire a personal trainer (bc I see you are a personal trainer who is only on here to log for your clients, according to your profile), that is actually marketing a product (yourself), that, while it may be helpful for some, is certainly not a necessity.

I've seen a whole lot of fat, out of shape, personal trainers and fitness "coaches" hanging out at gyms. They may know "how", but they certainly aren't doing it themselves.

Regardless, we all see that you are in good shape. Everyone on here is either on their way or already there. I'm just saying that we don't need to all become PTs or hire PTs to get into shape.

since you are stating facts about keinanbriggs based on you "reading" his profile... you for got to add "National level track and field triple jumper " aka The USA Track and Field

so to correct your facts...he's not in not in "good shape" that there is called GREAT SHAPE!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    sleepytexan

I think you missed the ananlogy

It helps to have the tools for success.... the same reason you need ingredents to make a good tasting dinner.

Well I think what you meant to say was that people need to take time to educate themselves about the process. However, what you DID say is that you can't expect to succeed if you have spent little or no time in a kinesiology class or getting a personal training certificate--absolutely not true.

my point is I don't need to make widgets myself to know how to manage a widget factory.

Now, if you meant that we all need to hire a personal trainer (bc I see you are a personal trainer who is only on here to log for your clients, according to your profile), that is actually marketing a product (yourself), that, while it may be helpful for some, is certainly not a necessity.

I've seen a whole lot of fat, out of shape, personal trainers and fitness "coaches" hanging out at gyms. They may know "how", but they certainly aren't doing it themselves.

Regardless, we all see that you are in good shape. Everyone on here is either on their way or already there. I'm just saying that we don't need to all become PTs or hire PTs to get into shape.

since you are stating facts about keinanbriggs based on you "reading" his profile... you for got to add "National level track and field triple jumper " aka The USA Track and Field

so to correct your facts...he's not in not in "good shape" that there is called GREAT SHAPE!

Exactly why we should all study hard to become PTs.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with some points but as far as sergery I say to each his own... I like the tough love tho
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but elite athletes don't necessarily train to be healthy. I can see where the particular sport or event would vary, though.
  • tdupree71
    Options
    I agree with all of that

I am on day 30 on P90 (first program before P90X) and I love it ...

Cardio and weights and in 35 days I have lost 10 pounds!!!!

Good stuff man, good stuff!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    You made some good points...some I dont agree with..

I agree with that.

Number 1 reason I am out of shape .... Alcohol. I love going out, partying and drinking which leads to lack of sleep, dehydration and eating horribly. There is no other reason.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Sleepytexan

yes. ha ha, that was a joke :)
    probably pretty accurate!
  • keinanbriggs
    Options
    My personal goal is to spread awareness versus argue. My posts are not at anyone but I will not apologize to those who take what I say personally. I do not exect all to think like me or agree 100% with what I say. I expect all to expand their minds and think outside of the box.. good luck to everyone and your fitness goals. Stay tuned for more posts!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Number 2: You don’t now a lick about how to properly workout!

Let me ask you, how many hours have you spent in a kinesiology class and/or spent getting a fitness training certification? If your answer is little to none, you can’t expect to succeed.

LOL What a load of BS. I've never taken a kinesiology or any other type of "fitness training" and I've already succeeded. In fact, I've been in shape for most of my 50 years. You don't need a degree to get yourself in shape, you just need to get up off your *kitten* and move! It's not rocket science.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I, personally, would take expert opinions much more seriously if they were expressed using proper spelling and grammar. But that's just me.
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to take kinisiology classes to get fit either.

But I don't know if she meant it as a "you can't be fit without taking classes"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I got out of it is that if you take two identicle people with the same motives, put one through kinisiology courses and one doesn't, who has the best tools/resources/knowledge behind them to succeed?

If I take my same desire to be fit, my same motivation, same drive to succeed, and just add a lot more knowledge behind it, doesn't common sense dictate that they would be more successful then before?
  • bcattoes
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I got out of it is that if you take two identicle people with the same motives, put one through kinisiology courses and one doesn't, who has the best tools/resources/knowledge behind them to succeed?

If I take my same desire to be fit, my same motivation, same drive to succeed, and just add a lot more knowledge behind it, doesn't common sense dictate that they would be more successful then before?

Sure, but that is not what the OP said.
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Sure, but that is not what the OP said.

Since as you pointed out, you have been fit the majority of your 50 years on this earth, maybe you grew up knowing how to be fit. A lot of people now a days don't!

I think everyone can always use a bit of education and it will only help them. Maybe kinisiology classes is a bit much, but the basic premise of doing research, learning from experts (whether it be a trainer or videos off of you tube) is an idea that can only help people.

Its not as if her advice from her experiences will hurt people's chances of success.

So I give thumbs up to the promotion of people increasing their fitness knowledge.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Since as you pointed out, you have been fit the majority of your 50 years on this earth, maybe you grew up knowing how to be fit. A lot of people now a days don't!

I don't think I did grow up knowing how to be fit. I simply grew up fit. There were no video games and if there had been I'm sure my mother would still have told me to go out and play. So when I got older if I put on a few pounds it was simple common sense telling me that it was because I stopped "playing" and started sitting. So, I got up and did exercise. Burn calories = lose weight. Work muscles = firmer body. Simple common sense.