Where are the former Weight Watchers??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I honestly love WW because it taught me how to eat, be accountable and lose weight in a healthy manner. I joined WW in 2008 and lost my weight with Flex System within one year to make Lifetime, rejoined when they changed back at the end of 2010 to the first ‘new’ Power Points system and didn’t do well at all. I joined MFP November 2011 using the knowledge I gained from WW and here I go.

I learned early on that each point equaled 35 - 45 calories depending on the content & density and that '0' points did not mean eat until your heart is content. It may have been a '0' points food but it still had calories.

I had to drop my membership because I honestly could not financially afford it after my DH passed away and I was no longer full-time employed. MFP is free, has a good database, offers the ability to make friends and post like the WW threads and I just incorporate what I’ve learned with WW by count calories instead of PPs. You still have the ability to earn APs with the exercise option, can build your own recipes and calculate all the nutritional values of your foods.

OMT – once I reach my goal weight again I will be back at the meetings simply because I had an awesome leader, would like to be a WW receptionist and will take advantage of my Lifetime Status membership. I just let life get to me and gained back 25# of the 46# I initially lost. Now I am 10# from goal again and I will make it.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options

The only problem I have is the amounts, I do weight things, so that is not a prob, but its somethings like potatoes for instance, if I have 350g how do I enter this? It only does it in 100g?? Can someone message me please to help me? I would soooooooooooo appreciate it.

If something only gives a 100g measurement, but you have 350g, you log it as 3.5 portions of 100g. Then MFP should automatically convert that to 350g.
    The same if you have a smaller, amount, 75g for example. You then log it as 0.75 portions of 100g
    It baffled me too first of all, but now I've got it worked out ;)
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30lbs on WW, but the cost and the hassle of counting points was just too much. I can pay WW $19 a month or join the gym at my work for $20 and use MFP to track my progress, yeah. Not hard to do the math on that one!
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    I too did the WW 'thing'. Had done well on previous program, but had a huge physical setback, and gained the weight, plus more back. So back to WW I went .... however I found that the points plus program just didn't work. Then they cut back on the nights I could go .... tried the online program for a bit. Then found MFP. It's free, and it had been soooo long since I had counted calories, helped to shake things up a bit. I find the wesite for journalling much more friendly than WW. So far, slow and steady .... I had managed to lose some weight on my own between WW and MFP, so really down alost 30 pounds. Just try it, but stick to something :happy:
  • Two2Love
    Two2Love Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am another one who is not a fan of the new Points Plus plan, but I love WW for the accountability. I am enjoying the ease of tracking my calories and activity here, but attending meetings for the support (I LOVE our meeting leader and that is a big plus) and the accountability. I just restarted on Tuesday and gave my scale to my mom, so my only weigh ins will be on their scale. I think that will help me stay on track because in the past, if I've gained, I've skipped a meeting which is all too often the beginning of the end. And likewise, if I lose on my home scale mid-week, it somehow gives me permission to cheat. So now it's just me, my calories, and my jeans to get me through the week!

I would love to connect with other WW members that are tracking here instead.