women wityh tats

Options
pain_is_weakness
pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
What does everyone think. I have 7, my rule for me is no sleeves and keep it cute/meaningful.

I have GF's with sleeve or shoulder tats and it looks great on them, doesn't fit my personality.

the only one I have that is easy to see if on my inner wrist.

So, my question is, what does everyone think about woemn with tats, where should they get them and what should they be of.

I personally don't care, but I get a lot of mixed comments form guys and girls. my husband loves them, no sleeves but he doesn't care if they show

sorry for my spelling, 2 year old on my lap, lol

Replies

• savismommy
    Options
    Some are hot, some... are not. I don't think it's attractive for ANYONE to have tats on their face, though. To
    me, that's just gross. I have two tats myself. Both symbolize something - one symbolizes my daughter
    and one symbolizes eternity. A dragonfly and a dragon 'eating' it's tail. Like Ouroboros (sp?). Tats don't
    bother me. :]
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I :heart: tats on men AND women all the same. Only have 1 myself, but plan to get a big portrait of my son when I can afford it.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have 3...Two on my back and one on my ankle...All three of mine have a meaning. When I picked out a strapless gown for my wedding several people asked me what I was gonna "do" about my tattoos on my back and I answered "If they don't like them then they don't have to come to my wedding"...My body, My choice...I have a few friends who have more and some with sleeves...I don't discriminate...tattoos don't change who the person is on the inside...
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have two... My rule right not is I have to be able to cover it up with some sort of swimwear... I also will NOT have any showing when I wear my wedding dress someday. :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    People should do WHATEVER they want to their bodies.

I've seen some laughably AWFUL tattoos on people who show them off because they think it looks fantastic and I keep my mouth shut because they clearly love it. XD

One thing I've noticed about this place is that the second someone hits goal, they start plastering ink on random body parts. Like the outside of a calf or across their stomach. Like, why not relax and enjoy your awesome new body for a minute? XD

I have a list of tattoos I've wanted for over a decade. Placement is tough to tackle though without making it look tacky so I keep putting it off.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I have three. The one in my profile is my tribute to my dad. I like tattoos that mean something to their owner. Not a fan of the sterotypical tats that look like just some random thing picked from a book.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a huge tattoo on my back, however its in a position that the only way you can see it is if Im in a bikini. I love it, not many people know it exists and its very meaningful. A tattoo reflecting my mixed race etc.

I love tattoos, however there are beautiful ones and hideous ones, and I totally think it depends on the person.
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have two and want more. I personally like only black ink tats with maybe a little bit of color as accents....although only one of mine is black...lol. As far as placement goes, I'm the type of person that likes things to be symmetrical so it drives me cray when someone has a random tat, off center, on like, the side/middle of their thigh (or similar). I mean, more power to em if they like it. That's just not a placement I would chose for myself. And as for selection of the art I totally agree that it should be something meaningful.
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    I agree with my body, my decison and I tihnk the above poster who didn't cover it for her wedding is right, never get somethign yuo are ashamed of, I don't try to cover them, given my career choice I can't have too many that show but I am pushing my limits more and nobody has said a thing.

Good for you all, be proud!
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also will NOT have any showing when I wear my wedding dress someday. :)

OMG!!! I totally agree!!! Although, I do have one that is on my back just at the base of my neck (a black double star) which will be visible, I don't think it will bother me because A) I can't see it and B) It's centered and C) There is a very good possibility that my hair might cover it, depending on how I have it styled.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I am a fan - I have 5 myself, and would definitely consider getting more. I personally prefer to keep them in places where they can be 'put away' when necessary. By no means am I ashamed of having them, quite the opposite I am a big advocate of the fact that having tattoos and piercings does not at all mean that a person is rough or unemployable - however it is still seen that way in the majority of society's eyes. I would never have them showing at a job interview etc and try not o have too many on show in formal events like weddings etc. The only exceptions are the two on my ankles, but they are quite delicate and not in your face in photo's etc.

I guess i like to keep them 'beautiful' on women. That does not necessarily mean small, I do particulalry love full back pieces. They just need to have an element of grace I think.

I am waiting for my fiance to catch up - he has less than me haha!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have 2: lower back and lower left pelvic area (not hip, but not really on my abs... low enough to be covered by my pants. lol) That one has meaning for me, but the one on my lower back was just for fun. I want a couple more (one is in the works), but hubby thinks what I have is enough. So I'll prob get this one I'm planning (another meaningful one) and call it good for his sake.

Whether the design has meaning, or you just "liked it", I think tattoos can be a very beautiful form of art and expressing yourself. It's just like decorating your home... some pieces you just love looking at, and others have a special meaning to you. But I wouldn't decorate my home with just any old thing, so I think long and hard before deciding on a design that will be permanently on my skin. Even my "for fun" tat... I knew what I wanted, but I looked for a long time before finding a design that I loved.
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    I am a fan - I have 5 myself, and would definitely consider getting more. I personally prefer to keep them in places where they can be 'put away' when necessary. By no means am I ashamed of having them, quite the opposite I am a big advocate of the fact that having tattoos and piercings does not at all mean that a person is rough or unemployable - however it is still seen that way in the majority of society's eyes. I would never have them showing at a job interview etc and try not o have too many on show in formal events like weddings etc. The only exceptions are the two on my ankles, but they are quite delicate and not in your face in photo's etc.

I guess i like to keep them 'beautiful' on women. That does not necessarily mean small, I do particulalry love full back pieces. They just need to have an element of grace I think.

I am waiting for my fiance to catch up - he has less than me haha!

I agree, i am the same way but I have a few that I don't care about covering up, hardly anyone notices because "i don't look like the tattoo type" so I don't really care. Even if they did notice what can I do, i am who i am. I hate that it hinders your employment or adancement in the workplace. I try to keep them all Pretty but I have a couple that are not. Like dog tags, a heart with a devil horn and angel wing on each side, ect.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I find women unattractive with a heavy amount of tattoos. When their chest, back arms are complelty covered it's a big turn off for me. Even worse is the thought of an old lady still showing off a wrinkled, saggy tramp stamp.

I dont mind a couple small ones, but big huge peices are ugly to look at.

Unmarked, untouched skin is what I find beautiful
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love tats as long as they're well done! Having meaning is good but who really cares if it does or not. If it's just something pretty that works too.

Am I the only one that was more in a rush to get a tattoo because she was getting married and wanted them to show? lol. I love mine and am proud of it. It's still in an area that's easy to cover or show though as I work in a conservative industry. It's on my shoulder so all I have to do to show it is wear a tank top or wear a t shirt if I need to hide it.

Good tattoos on guys is like 29183 bonus points. I've heard a few people say they don't like tattoos on women, they can suck it. I'm contemplating turning my shoulder tattoo into a quarter sleeve.
  • RebelBrew
    Options
    Love tats on girls. cant wait for my wife and myself to complete our journey she is getting a half sleeve and i am probably too
  • pain_is_weakness
    Options
    Love tats on girls. cant wait for my wife and myself to complete our journey she is getting a half sleeve and i am probably too

nice!
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love them! I too have a 'thing' about symmetry but it only bothers me when it's something random & poorly done. I have 3 & 1 large body piece (shoulders to mid-thigh) in the works. All of which I can cover up in a corporate environment, but I work in a hair salon so I can wear whatever I like. Our clientele is high-end so I get some that are skittish when they first meet me, but more times than not they're more fascinated than condemning about it. I definitely feel they should have a personal significance, but I've seen plenty that were whimsical that people pull off really well b/c it still fits their personality. I never thought I'd have sleeves JUST in case I ever switch professions, but I have several in mind I'd like to get & am running out of room of hideable places Lol. Also I have 22 piercings, all of which (except nose ring) can be easily covered as well. I LOVE hearing people's stories about their pieces & fully believe the process can heal urself more than meds/therapy! Thanks for sharing ladies!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I agree, i am the same way but I have a few that I don't care about covering up, hardly anyone notices because "i don't look like the tattoo type" so I don't really care. Even if they did notice what can I do, i am who i am. I hate that it hinders your employment or adancement in the workplace. I try to keep them all Pretty but I have a couple that are not. Like dog tags, a heart with a devil horn and angel wing on each side, ect.

Once people get to know me in the workplace I don't hold back admitting I have them. And that I like heavy metal music. because once I am already working there, and they are already happy with my work it would make it really hard for them to treat me any different without it being obvious that it is over the lifestyle choice. But I don't exactly leave them all out on show either.

I have a couple that are pretty basic tribal stuff too - but I drew them myself and that is what makes it 'beautiful' in my eyes. I guess when i said they need to have some grace I more or less meant as long as it's not a cartoon ejaculating penis on your forearm when you have to present a meeting to a board of directors for a childcare franchise! HAHAHAHAHA ok so that would be way inappropriate