Do you want people drooling over your profile?

Options

Replies

• larak2011
    Options
    In my opinion (ha, ha) you will have people posting pictures for all different reasons. Yeah, some might post for attention or whatever. However, I believe most use this site for what its intended for support and motivation. As I tell my daughter," there is always a bad apple in the bunch".
  • kristarablue
    Options
    How amazing is it that people have finally gotten enough confidence to show part of their body. For many of us who have lost a significant amount of weight, it is the first time we have ever felt comfortable showing off our body. This is a relatively safe venue to do so, we are surrounded by encouraging people that are try to achieve similar goals. Distorted body image is a real issue for many and it is through the accolades of others that starts chipping down our walls. We don't see it and don't believe it but some of those compliments get through and for that moment you see yourself as possibly attractive. Often it is fleeting but if there are more moments and more soon our confidence grows and we become a different person. So I say show off your muscles, show off your perky girls whatever makes you feel attractive and have a sense of worth for that moment. Oh and if people use it to hook up ROCK ON!!! Awesome, I love it...Why the heck not!! And YES, I would love people to be drooling…lol..they are sooooooo not, but wouldn’t that be cool for the first time in my life I would be objectified once in a while…ya it would be cool.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fun to be seen as "hot". If somebOdy "drools" over a picture of me durning a workout, so be it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I just can't imagine ever wanting to get naked on the internet. No matter what my body was like.

You don't have to get naked though. At least not to show off your 'lady bits'. But if i have a solid, rock hard stomach and gorgeous legs I'd be showing them off.

Really? On a public internet forum? I wouldn't.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Let's not kid ourselves here. All posting on forums is driven at its heart by attention seeking. It's one huge "look at meeeeeee" exercise.

Sure there are additional motivations which sit on top of that fundamental drive and some more useful than others: the need to help, inspire, motivate, aggravate, facilitate, anything ending in ate really...

If people want to gain attention by writing witty, urbane and thoughtful posts (*cough* me *cough*) that's cool. If people want to do that by posting pics of themselves in all their glory then that is cool as well. One is not more worthy or superior than the other.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's the main reason I never post pictures of myself on Mfp.

People are only human and I couldn't bear the thought of all that saliva dripping onto keyboards or expensive gadgets. Quel dommage.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a boring old married lady, and I like bikini pics because....

... it shows the changes better than when clothed. I'm wearing the same shirts as I did 33 pounds ago, and some of the same jeans, even though they were skin tight and now I need a belt. Fully clothed, there's not as dramatic of a difference.

... I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I love that I have a better physique at 39 than ever before in my life. I'm more proud of the changes in my actual health and endurance, but that's a little harder to photograph.

... I like being proof that you don't need to do extreme dieting to get results. I eat a lot of food, even some processed junk, and enjoy every bite that goes in my mouth. I hate to see people think they need to starve and suffer. They don't.

... after spending every moment I could over the summer in my pool, or in shorts and tanks, showing some skin doesn't seem strange. Wearing full length pants and long sleeves feels strange.

... it's flattering when other women ask, "How did you DO that?" I like being an inspiration to other women. :smile: I don't think I've gotten any lecherous comments from guys. Support and kudos, but nothing creepy. Come to think of it... maybe that should make me sad? :laugh:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I only drool if someone has a food picture as their profile pic.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    im engaged, so my pics are just for me, as motivational purposes. people who have their bewbies/butt hanging out and thats all you see, no face or anything [saw alot of those], there wanting attention. ya, my butts out there, but thats a full body pic, and i would loveee to go back to that :]
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont post to many sexy pics on here,but ive got nothing against it. Ive been a cam girl and have done nude pics before so to be honest a pic of me in my bra & panties would be a step up from some of the other pics that could possibly be floating around out there of me lol
    I just dont i couldnt tell you why,
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    little of both.

proud of achievments that I've worked for.
    but there's nothing wrong with getting a rise out of people either.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to show off, but I have had some success putting on some muscle and taking of some fat so I like to show that. I wouldn't ever go shirtless or take underwear pics.

The other thing for me is I hate the internet where people hide behind an avi, so I make sure mine is a picture of me.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I just wonder, looking at some people's profiles. Are you simply showing off your best bits in a being proud of you achievements way, or are you trying to look hot to the opposite sex?
    Both
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What do you mean opposite sex?
    I wouldn't really care who drooled over my picture. But whoever it is, I'd like to have the same reaction. I'd like to turn around, lick my finger, stick it on my hip and go "SSSssssssss."
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Well hell yeah! :drinker:

Next question.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's probably 50/50.
    I might post such a picture for my favorite guy friends...but then it often draws unwanted creepster attention, and it gets taken down again. boo!
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Happily married, but I like to show off my large, shiny, likes-to-be-hand-polished trophy every now and then! :D
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    No, I don't.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I just want to appear hot, regardless of sex. And until that day comes I'll keep posting silly pics. :bigsmile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I just want to appear hot, regardless of sex. And until that day comes I'll keep posting silly pics. :bigsmile:

WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

You are hot. That pic of you in the light blue top would get a trouser tent up quicker than the Boy Scouts Annual Convention...