Do you want people drooling over your profile?

Options

Replies

• KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think that some people are saying "Hey, this is what I've done, you can look this way too" and then some people are just showing off their bodies. Then there are those that are low in self-esteem and want someone to say "Wow, you're sexy/beautiful/hot/gorgeous, etc etc etc".. There are a lot of reasons why people do it :)

I agree...once I reached my goal I will defenitely put a picture as a motivation for others....the same way I have been inspired by others in the MFP community...
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies but putting up a pic of your cleavage is not showing any accomplishment, it's done for attention.

There are plenty of people with pictures that truly show how far they've come, and there are others who have pictures that you wouldn't normally see outside of a playboy magazine....

And some of those women put up pics that include their cleavage in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not everything is about "hey look at my breasts" but it's not like everyone actually knows anyone else's motivation. Assuming it is all a "look at my breasts!" grab for attention is erroneous.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of how far I've come and how much HARD F__KING WORK that I've put in to get it. I'm not there yet, but I'm not ashamed of myself anymore either. If people do it for attention, if it helps them get through all this b.s., then so be it. If somebody is finally happy with their body and feels sexy, is it wrong to seek out attention? To each his own, but I like it!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I've never worn red lipstick, and when i tried it on for the first time i liked it... so i guess i was showing off my acheivment of being able to look decent in red lipstick.

=/ i'm lame.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Sorry ladies but putting up a pic of your cleavage is not showing any accomplishment, it's done for attention.

Regardless of their reason, it is their business.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I've never worn red lipstick, and when i tried it on for the first time i liked it... so i guess i was showing off my acheivment of being able to look decent in red lipstick.

=/ i'm lame.

You look more than "decent" in that hot red lipstick. :smooched:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am proud! Although I am very critical of my body and I have a LONG way to go before I am perfect (in my eyes) I want to remind myself of what I have accomplished. I also want to show others what they can achieve.

I like your picture. It shows exactly what you have achieved, which is an amazing body, without it having sexual overtones. You look like a model in a fitness magazine!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't want them to drool. When I feel like I look good and have photographic evidence I want to put it up because A) I look at my profile and I'm like, "Damn you look good" and B) When I feel like a fat failure I can look at my profile and I'm like..."Wait, that was me yesterday, so there's no way I turned into Quasi Moto (sp?) overnight"
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Stay away from my profile!!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i just wanna look at myself....i dont care what other people think
  • ESVABelle
    Options
    i just wanna look at myself....i dont care what other people think

YUPPPPPP!!!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want someone from RL googling me and finding a semi-naked picture of me.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    No one's ever going to drool over me. My current pic was the one I took when I hit my 50 pound loss. I've never received a compliment on my looks on this site, but I don't expect it, as I'm not hot like a lot of people on here are. I have noticed a trend - the sluttier the pic (or the person), the more friends this person will have. Thankfully I'm not that type of person. I'm not going to friend someone because they're hot - I friend people who want encouragement, or who have something in common with me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't want them to drool. When I feel like I look good and have photographic evidence I want to put it up because A) I look at my profile and I'm like, "Damn you look good" and B) When I feel like a fat failure I can look at my profile and I'm like..."Wait, that was me yesterday, so there's no way I turned into Quasi Moto (sp?) overnight"

I like your attitude a lot, actually. I do the same thing at home all the time. I was cleaning my bathroom last night, looking particularly hot in a sports bra and compression tights, and it took an hour because I kept checking out my guns and abs in the mirror. For a minute, I knew what it felt like to be a dude. :)

I wouldn't put photos like that of myself online because it's just not my style, but I don't care at all if other people do. Like I said before, I think it is obvious which people are doing it because they've worked hard to earn a body they can be proud of and which people are doing it because they want an inbox full of lewd messages about how hot they are.

On an unrelated note, I'm really not buying the whole "breast cancer awareness" excuse as to why women are posting cleavage pics. There have been boobs all over this site for months. It didn't just start on Oct. 1. Now, I don't really care one way or another. Men love boobs, and women love that men love boobs (they're pretty handy weapons at times), but let's not be intellectually dishonest about it.
  • ESVABelle
    Options
    No one's ever going to drool over me.

#1. You don't know that!
    My current pic was the one I took when I hit my 50 pound loss. I've never received a compliment on my looks on this site, but I don't expect it, as I'm not hot like a lot of people on here are.

I've never seen you on the boards before (I've been away a lot lately) - but congratulations! I'm complimenting you now because that is very respectable and you should be proud of yourself. Your ticker only says 10, so I'm assuming you readjusted your goals, which shows your continued dedication...so again I say CONGRATULATIONS, YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Stay away from my profile!!
    No! You can't make me.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I wouldn't want someone from RL googling me and finding a semi-naked picture of me.

You shouldn't post anything (semi-naked picture or not) online that can come back to you with a google search.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    No one's ever going to drool over me. My current pic was the one I took when I hit my 50 pound loss. I've never received a compliment on my looks on this site, but I don't expect it, as I'm not hot like a lot of people on here are. I have noticed a trend - the sluttier the pic (or the person), the more friends this person will have. Thankfully I'm not that type of person. I'm not going to friend someone because they're hot - I friend people who want encouragement, or who have something in common with me.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't judge people by their looks on here. I decide on friends by the their sense of humor.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I don't want them to drool.

Sorry, too late. :tongue:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've never seen you on the boards before (I've been away a lot lately) - but congratulations! I'm complimenting you now because that is very respectable and you should be proud of yourself. Your ticker only says 10, so I'm assuming you readjusted your goals, which shows your continued dedication...so again I say CONGRATULATIONS, YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

Thanks for that :smile: I actually lost 40 pounds pre-MFP, so that's why it only says 10.