Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Disney half marathon in january!

anyone signed up to do it? This will be my 2 nd half marathon and I am super excited...
Please friend me if you are doing this race! Thanks!

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    I'm not doing it this year, but I have done about 8 half marathons at DIsney- I just did the night race- the Winde & DIne half marathon 2 weeks ago- you will love it- Disney puts on a spectacular race event!!!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    I'm only doing the 5K but I'm friending you anyway. The 1/2 Food and Wine next Sept. is my next big goal! I did the Halloween Disney 5K and loved it!!!

Good luck! What's your training schedule?
  • Thanks! Is it true you should train for a 15 minute mile? I am very excited but nervous too!
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    This is one of my goals, probably not this year coming though! I live in central FL now and I am super excited to have the opportunity to do that!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    I know Disney 1/2's enforce the 16 minute miles to avoid being swept. I've never participated in a 1/2 but I've read several blogs or stories where people were swept at Disney 1/2's. Some people I recently read about were swept at mile 10. They recommend you train for a 15 min. mile giving room for bathroom and water breaks. There are also optional character interactions along the way and other stuff to photograph which will detract from your overall time.