Tell me not to eat this....

Options

Replies

• Dezlyn67
    Dezlyn67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think I just saw one of your coworkers lick the sugar off of one and put it back! Don't eat them!!!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and eat them. You'll get about 45 seconds of pleasure followed by 18 hours of guilt and self loathing. Totally worth it, right?
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Great ideas above. I also use the 'add to the diary before I eat it method' and then see if I still want it. Also, take a second and look at the product as a dose of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, (insert personal hereditary concerns here).
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and eat them. You'll get about 45 seconds of pleasure followed by 18 hours of guilt and self loathing. Totally worth it, right?

^^THIS^^

Ask yourself if you you want to spend the rest of your day beating yourself up, or patting yourself on the back?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When I am sorely tempted by a treat but know I shouldn't have it, I close my eyes and imagine eating it, as vividly as I can. If possible I will smell the item. Imagine the pleasurable feelings that go along with eating it. I find that I can experience the pleasure just by imagining it, without actually eating it. Might not work for everyone!
  • futuremrsh_71412
    Options
    You have all cracked me up!!!!!:laugh:

Carnival-Fried Dough.......720 calories!!!!! ALL SET WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You'll probably have to walk about 8-10 miles to burn that off.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It'll be a let down. Half way through eating it you'll think, "Actually, this isn't as great as I remember them to be. In fact it's not worth the calories." There's ALWAYS an anti-climax...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

Ask yourself if you you want to spend the rest of your day beating yourself up, or patting yourself on the back?

Do you people really do that to yourselves for eating something unhealthy? I think one of the reasons I've been successful is because if I want a treat, I have it and then account for it by eating less that day of something else, exercising and doing better the next day.

Guilt leads to binges if you have that particular issue. It's just a doughnut (or cookie or piece of cake). It isn't worth beating onesself up over.

Now, doughnuts give me awful heartburn, so the memory of THAT keeps me away from them. Physically ill is one thing. Emotionally is another.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    see how greedily that fat cow of a co-worker you have gobbled on down? Now wasn't THAT unattractive?! You're better than that!

omg. . how rude

Yeah..I'd say that was pretty uncalled for. You don't need to put anyone else down just cos you're trying to get healthy. I have been that "fat cow" plenty of times and I bet many other people here have too!!

Also..nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?! Whaaaat?! This isn't some pro-anorexia site guys.

OP - DON'T DO IIIIIIIT! I like to add naughties to my diary before I eat them, then see the damage and remind myself how many minutes of exercise I'd have to do to get myself in the green!! It works pretty well :laugh:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

OMG, the stupidity I see on this board

Indulging once in awhile is not reason to spend the 'rest of your day beating yourself up'

if you do, there's more problems than just the one you fight with food
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

^^THIS^^

Indulging once in awhile is not reason to spend the 'rest of your day beating yourself up'

Seriously...you want to call us stupid? The OP was ASKING us to talk her out of it....this really wasn't an indulge vs. deprive yourself kind of question.

She doesn't actually WANT to eat a donut, which implies that she WILL regret eating it, does it not?
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    see how greedily that fat cow of a co-worker you have gobbled on down? Now wasn't THAT unattractive?! You're better than that!

OMG - what kind of a term is "fat cow" on a weight loss forum?? I thought we were here to help and support each other, whether it is 1lb to lose or over 100lb.........
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many calories are in them? that usually puts me off!
  • mielikkibz
    Options

^^THIS^^

Do you people really do that to yourselves for eating something unhealthy? I think one of the reasons I've been successful is because if I want a treat, I have it and then account for it by eating less that day of something else, exercising and doing better the next day.

Guilt leads to binges if you have that particular issue. It's just a doughnut (or cookie or piece of cake). It isn't worth beating onesself up over.

Now, doughnuts give me awful heartburn, so the memory of THAT keeps me away from them. Physically ill is one thing. Emotionally is another.

wow, someone with common sense!!!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That guy who just had his hands all over them?

Yeah, he didn't wash his hands after visiting the bathroom...
  • mielikkibz
    Options

Seriously...you want to call us stupid? The OP was ASKING us to talk her out of it....this really wasn't an indulge vs. deprive yourself kind of question.

She doesn't actually WANT to eat a donut, which implies that she WILL regret eating it, does it not?

nope, didn't call you stupid, called the post stupid. . .
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

I'm loving what you have just said, and its completely true too.

Now for myself i never go without a treat, if i fancy some chocolate, i will have it - but i make sure that i just burn those extra cals when i do my workout at night. But i NEVER go without something if i want it.

I'm the same as the lady above, my stomach can't actually tolerate doughnuts, they are too stodgy.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

nope, didn't call you stupid, called the post stupid. . .

Well, lets see....

The OP asked for support telling her not to eat it, and you're basically saying "go ahead and eat it, its OK to indulge once in a while".

Which post is more stupid here?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't get why people who so strongly disagree with what others are saying feel the need to TELL US they disagree.
    1) The OP ASKED for us to talk her out of eating it (DUH, read the subject line), and
    2) there is NOTHING wrong with asking for a little tough love to help us through so
    3) if you are so GD perfect that you need NO HELP, well bully for you. Now move on and leave the rest of us to helping the OP, whatever way she wants to be helped.

I brought the donuts in and left them in your office...did I mention the dog knocked the box over in the car and then lick a couple of them???