Is your workplace diet friendly?

Options
124»

Replies

• ladyduddy
    Options
    there are usually cakes and muffins around but I just dont look at them anymore and stay focussed. I have a good breakfast at home and bring my lunch in every day and have an "emergency stash" of healthy snacks in my bag in case I get super hungry or need a snack before going to the gym on the way home from work which I do 2 or 3 times a week.
    If people are encouraging me to eat something I say no thanks, I dont want to undo my good work and I am looking forward to a delicious dinner tonight (which I usually am and have planned for!!). I think - do I want that cake, or do I want a glass of wine with my dinner? that usually does the trick ;-)
    Luckily I dont have a particularly sweet tooth but I do love savoury stuff.
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    I work in a diner where 90% of the menu is fried.

It was a very unhealthy place to work, but when going on my diet my manager has been incredibly supportive ( I believe he wants me to lose weight and achieve goals so that I can give him the super-secret-diet-secrets)

He offers to cook healthier options instead of frying food, plus when people offer me food (some customers offer to buy us food for our breaks) my manager always keeping me on track, I have enormous willpower at work partly because my manager is incredibly supportive.

((but part of me guesses that people would feel better about eating at a restaurant if the food servers are skinny, because that means that there are healthy options at the diner....even though there aren't)))
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    They don't feed us SO I AM OKAY with that! :) Makes it easier!
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    I work primarily in a restaurant where I get free food, so you would think it would be hazardous hahaha. But it's all relatively healthy sandwiches and that's where I eat most of my meals. Lately though I've taken a liking to their vegetarian soups so it isn't so-so bad. The worst days are when they make desserts (brownies, cookies, etc) fresh cause my boss is a master at baking. It's always very taunting having that delicious smell and knowing how scrumptious everything is. Ahhh, but at my second job it's not a big problem either. Only once every couple months do they bring in treats for everyone in the office.
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's not too bad on the days we don't have trainings going on. NOT to add to the stereotype, but they are law enforcement training courses. And what do you think of? Yep, there are Dunkin Donuts every morning of training. Then all the extras are left in the kitchen. It's tough enough, eating lunch in there. :tongue: But even more so when our boss carries the tray around the entire office saying "They're going to go to waste!" We also have the usual Halloween candy and people bringing fast food in.
    Once in awhile, my boss will also make lunch for everyone, so it's hard when I've already planned my calories. I feel bad saying no, so I'll work it in.
    On everyone's birthday they get a Culver's ice cream cake. Let's see...September had 3 birthdays! Oh, and mine is in 2 weeks. :indifferent:

Probably the worst, absolute worst is "Christmas week" (2 weeks), where two people have to make an appetizer or dessert every day.
    I guess my answer would be a "No, my work place is not diet friendly." :tongue:
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    The candy bowl in my office is constantly being refilled. Someone brings in bagels or donuts almost every week. And the vending machine is right in the kitchen so I see it every day. Definitely not diet friendly. =/
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    No i work with a crew that could care less about eating healthy..lol..over 2000 people on this site and there are no water coolers just water fountains..no real healthy choices on the menu down stairs and no gym. There are a lot of overweight people here. Earlier i came up on a convo about Chik Fila where 3 people were extremely excitedabout it. I thought TOO excited.

So I brink my food and stash it in the kitchen.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I might be the first YES! Cuz if I didnt bring my own food, i'd probably starve haha! So thank goodness for that :)
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Is there any such thing as a diet friendly workplace ?? if there is I wanna work there :)

11627635.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Options
    not really we get doughnuts all the time lol
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I work in a medical office, RX reps are healthy eating's worst nightmare. The doc used to only want them to bring in healthy food but that changed not long ago.... now its almost always Pizza hut or something that isnt horrible but still isnt good for you. Halloween isnt too bad, but around christmas the patients bring us food a lot- this year is the first year that I have myself on watch so I guess we'll see how that goes over. Cross your fingers that I stay strong :P
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    NO! We manufacture restaurant equipment. Always taste testing new stuff (grrrrr)

The gal in the office next to mine - has a ginormous bowl of chocalate ...... ALL year 'round.