Your piss- Which color is the good color

Options
I drink about 10 cups of water a day. From morning to dinner, it goes from light yellow to clear. But some people here have said that clear isn’t good. So begs the question,

Which color is a good color and shows that your metabolism is working?

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I really don't know....I know when I am going to pee every 15 minutes or so...mine is usually clear!!
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I read once that clear means you're drinking enough water. If it goes clear after a few glasses a day, then your body probably doesn't need the suggested 8 glasses. If it's too yellow then you're not drinking enough.

Again, this is something I read once, so I'm not sure if it's accurate.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    mine is clear by the end of the day too.
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's definately the right colour!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I thought clear was good; hmm....curious to know the answer to this...!?!?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    if you are drinking alot of water and you know you are drinking alot of water clear is fine
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    atleast its not fluorescent green lol take enough b2 and or b5 vitamin and it will change to some odd colors.

it should be like a vanilla color is what i heard.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Clear is healthy & hydrated.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mine is always clear by the end of the day too. I think that's a good thing.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There is no need to drink til you're clear. A light yellow is fine. If you're clear that means you are super hydrated and that really isn't necessary. You don't want to be dehydrated but what's the point of drinking so much that there's nothing left to filter and your kidneys are just getting rid of excess water? We never do anything normal, everything is always overkill. This water hype is overkill in my opinion. Even in the hospital, when we are pouring IV's into people, and have them on catheters, they never get clear, always light yellow. I can't imagine how much you guys are drinking to get to clear. It can't be good for you.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    CLEAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Clear = You're Very Hydrated.
    Yellow = Dehydrated.

But certain veggies/foods can lead to change in colour -
  • patacake01
    patacake01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    clear could be ok, but here is an article that may help,
    http://www.urinecolors.com/clear_urine_color.php
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Here's a chart for you.

urine-chart.jpg
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    The weeks I am taking my estroven pills my pee is bright yellow, almost neon. When I am not taking them it is clear, or really close to clear.
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    My fiancé is in the Army. Is his basic training, they've told him that it should be clear. If it's yellow, it means you're dehydrated!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Mine is clear or slightly straw coloured, and its like that all the time as i drink water all day
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Which color is a good color and shows that your metabolism is working? [/quote]

Urine is never really clear, but the lighter the tint of yellow the better. It means your body is better hydrated and really has nothing to do with metabolism. Remember urine is flushing bad trash from the blood which filters through your kidneys. Its flushing out things your body doesn't need. I guess fats might be a part of that but not all that flushes out of the system. More water the better.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter unless it's dark brown. Then you have rhabdomyolysis and need to rush to the ER before you go into kidney failure.
  • carrie564
    carrie564 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Clear is what you're AIMING for, so good job! To be healthy it should NEVER be dark yellow- that's dehydrated. Barely light yellow is what you want every day, to show you're drinking enough. Clear is spectacular & a great goal especially if you're working out hard.