Options

Replies

• JohnFurie
    Options
    Slutty no-attractive, Hell Yes
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'll never get my tounge pierced... At the end of the day, I know as I build my career, network, etc.... My appearance does matter. And as for guys.... I think I (and women in general) look much classier. I just think tounge rings are not attractive on anyone and it's just a big distractor lol...Lol sorry I posted on this thread I know it's for the guys to answer with an opinion lol.. :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't think its very professional looking. Not bad looking, but just not professional. So just depends where ya are in life. I consider myself a young professional so wouldn't be attracted to the tongue ring myself. Now...A simple nose ring, single small diamond, with the right placement, now that is totally hot and can be pulled off while still being professional..imo.
  • Relentlessjt
    Relentlessjt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes it is to me :)
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Agree with some of the prior posts. Not slutty but not professional so it all comes down to your work setting and your career. It can be attractive on some girl while not on others. I do tend to think "maybe a little wild" when I meet a girl and I unexpectedly find out she has a tongue piercing...lol
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Clearly you want to get one to increase attractiveness but don't want to look slutty.

I'm not sure what a metal ring in the appendage that used for tasting has a bearing on either.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't think its very professional looking. Not bad looking, but just not professional. So just depends where ya are in life. I consider myself a young professional so wouldn't be attracted to the tongue ring myself. Now...A simple nose ring, single small diamond, with the right placement, now that is totally hot and can be pulled off while still being professional..imo.

Ok that's what I meant lol... It's not professional looking.. Agreed. But I still do think I would like to catch a man's attention without a tounge piercing. I think professionalism first! :) lol
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Slutty... but that's not always a bad thing.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Tongue piercings are not slutty,,, but I don't find them particularly attractive in either sex and wonder if they wouldn't actually cause you to produce more saliva which might in turn make you feel more hungry.

I also knew a girl at work who was forever swallowing the end off her tongue bar... silly girl!

I don't mind piercings, but I wouldn't want one in my nose or my tongue... but each to their own.

Now guys... with a PA... that's a different story :wink: :smokin:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

Now guys... with a PA... that's a different story :wink: :smokin:

LOL I am so glad this thread wasnt started by a guy asking if he should get a tongue ring...or any piercing for that matter...cuz I'd have to chime in and say HOTTTTTTTTTTTT.

I have my nose done, and would love to get my lip and tongue pierced but do realize that for my profession, it's not professional and would just be a waste as I couldn't leave it in all the time.

But yeah, I just felt like posting on something, somewhere.. =)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not to me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I thought the point of piercings, tattoos, etc., was to say something about who you are. Do YOU want a tongue piercing? Does it mean something to you personally? If so, why does anyone else's opinion matter? If not, why does anyone else's opinion matter?

I get the whole professionalism thing, but if it means that much to you, find some place to work that doesn't care. Lots of people with tongue rings have jobs.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Clearly you want to get one to increase attractiveness but don't want to look slutty.

I'm not sure what a metal ring in the appendage that used for tasting has a bearing on either.

Really?
    I wonder if most don't know the main reason most people get a tongue piercing.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Really?
    I wonder if most don't know the main reason most people get a tongue piercing.

car keys?
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't get one based on the fact that you care what other people think. There are retainers you can wear to maintain professionality. You get tattoos/piercings because YOU want them. Not because the people you poll say it's okay to do so.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan. My daughter and niece have had it done and I just don't like how it looks.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    The Granddaughter of the Queen of England has her tongue pierced, it's not like it used to be, it has become respectable and more mainstream, that said, do it if you want, do give a stuff what we all think, if you live your life like that you get nothing
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

I personally thing any piercings other than the traditional one in each ear is disgusting. Mind you, i think the same about tattoos too tbh.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    It's kinda hot, in a ' i wanna eff you' kinda way...

not in a 'i wanna date/get to know you' kinda way.

If that kinda helps.

You'd probably attract the wrong kinda guys. Kiwiburgers.