Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I use at least 1/4 cup of pumpkin, less oats, and only microwave for two minutes. I also add 1/4 cup egg whites in lieu of some water and they fluff up nicely and add some extra protein. Serve with walnuts for healthy fats and omit the sugar if you are used to plain oats. Totally delicious :-)

Going to try this in the morning. Thanks!
    I do this except I used way more pumpkin and way more oats :bigsmile: Both are super healthy and low cal! 1/2 cup of oats + 1/3 cup of pumpkin and you still have a really low cal breakfast - cook with 1/4 cup egg whites, serve with walnuts, yum! Not sure what I was thinking about when I posted originally... Must have been full! :noway:
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mmm, this sounds delicious!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use at least 1/4 cup of pumpkin, less oats, and only microwave for two minutes. I also add 1/4 cup egg whites in lieu of some water and they fluff up nicely and add some extra protein. Serve with walnuts for healthy fats and omit the sugar if you are used to plain oats. Totally delicious :-)

Going to try this in the morning. Thanks!

I made it this morning and changed it a bit. I'll post in case anyone else is interested in what I did.
    2 servings of Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Oats (96 grams)
    1/2 cup of Aldi Bakers Corner - 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin (120 grams)
    1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
    2 cups of water

Mixed all together and heated in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Ended up making 5 servings of 125 grams each (88 calories per serving). I ended up putting a 1/2 tsp of brown sugar on top of my bowl and mixing it in.
  • kimgravel
    Options
    sfl, thanks!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump