Do you judge others on their workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'll judge people by how they smell in the gym before I judge them by how they look. And really, I only judge them if I can tell who's in the main part of the gym based on what I'm smelling in an empty locker room. If I know so and so is lifting today based on whatever funk trail he's leaving in his wake 5 minutes ago, something is amiss.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'll judge people by how they smell in the gym before I judge them by how they look. And really, I only judge them if I can tell who's in the main part of the gym based on what I'm smelling in an empty locker room. If I know so and so is lifting today based on whatever funk trail he's leaving in his wake 5 minutes ago, something is amiss.

hahaha. smell you later!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    No...as long as they aren't naked. lol I figure its none of my business, and why do I need to be looking at them anways? I guess the only time I judge is when women wear make up to the gym...and even then, I'm thinking one of two things "Why would you put all that on your face just to sweat it off" or "How the hell do you keep all that on your face while working out, your make up still looks as good as it did an hour ago!"
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Only if they're wearing a sauna suit and it's 90 degrees outside. I seriously wanted to follow the guy so I could be there to dial 911 when he keeled over! :noway:
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't judge because:
    1) it could be all that they have
    2) at least they are exercising
    3) there have been times when I didn't match because my normal workout clothes were dirty and didn't dry in time for my next workout, so I just throw on whatever I can find
    4) maybe that is what they are comfortable in and aren't ready to wear tighter workout clohes
    5) I couldn't care less about what people are wearing LOL, it doesn't affect me in any way, so who am I to judge?

Well said!! I am a mother of 5 who doesn't have money for real workout cloths I usually wear a sports bra baggy shirt and some kind of sweat pants!!! Granted I dont leave my house when I work out and the only ones having to see me are my kids and if they dont like it well they know where there rooms are!! :bigsmile:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Well, I did judge the woman who was on the elliptical in front of me that day that had a big hole in the *kitten* of her pants and no underwear. But that's just because it was right in my face and I kinda couldn't help it.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you're having us on. :tongue:
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    NO I DONT..CUZ I WEAR LOOSE PANTS AND SHIRT...IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER..AND IM THERE TO WORK OUT NOT WIN A BEAUTY PAGEANT....:happy: :bigsmile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you're having us on. :tongue:

Having one on us?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    hairy guys balls hanging out from the bottom,

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love love loveeeeeee nice workout clothes!

I don't really judge people on what they are wearing, only if it's something ridiculous. There is a girl in my Zumba class who always wears a sports bra and booty shorts that cut off her @ss cheeks....gross. She has a decent body, but I don't need to see ALL of your bits and pieces...ugh!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :smile: It's not what they are wearing, but what they are accomplishing while in those workout clothes. . . Everybody has their preferences. . Just my thoughts. . .
  • stupidthick5150
    Options
    I agree.... I went to the gym yesterday with some dirty shoes that I use to jog through the woods and there was this one chic that kept staring at me, i didn't care Im there to work out, i guess people do judge a lil bit cuz one time i was thinking to myself why does this girl got all this makeup caked on her face at the gym?
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    wow. I have bigger things to worry about than what someone else is wearing.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Important part is that they are excersizing. If it is comfortable, covers, and safe.. Rock on!

Yeah, this.

Or to be honest, I'm not sure I even care about this... If they're happy, I'm happy.

I'm a bit surprised there are so many people so shallow as to care what other people are wearing to sweat in....
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I used to work out at the gym I saw it all. I prefer to wear an exercise bra (one that keeps the girls in place, not flattens them into my chest) a t-shirt that is a little clingy (so no one can look up or down) and yoga pants or shorts. I get too hot in sweats. I figure cotton is best!

I wasn't at the gym to see and be seen. I enjoy working out at home now since where Iive and work schedule isn't conducive to using the gym.

I didn't care for the hoochies nor the ball sacks hanging!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    LOL, my husband just randomly sent me this text:

"I think it's really funny when women come 2 workout in full make-up and jewlery"
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i normally wear yoga capris and a t shirt. nothing fancy
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Certainly not the style of clothes. Unfortunately, any time you get a large group of people together in one place, you get a certain percentage of crazy.

Like people who want to lift weights barefoot or in flip flops

Or guys who want to do cardio in full hooded sweatshirts and sweatpants

Or the guy this week who must have forgotten his shorts and proceeded to work out in a t shirt and pair of Under Armour type "briefs"

Or the people who wear their regular street shoes/work boots to exercise and tract mud all over

Then, yes, I judge.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    OMG :laugh:

I get so p-d if they are wearing a bra when working out. Um braless is the only way to work out. Duh!