Zumba 30 day Challenge

Options
I really want to start a group for people who want to burn their butts off doing Zumba every day for the next 30 days!! If you are into it, let me know! I want to be held accountable for it, and this is the perfect way to do it! If we have a good enough group, maybe we can lengthen the days at the end of the challenge! Just put your info here! You are welcome to start whenever you'd like!

Challenge start measurements (we'll do this again in two weeks and at the end)
Weight:
Neck:
Waist:
Hips:
Chest:
Right Arm:
Left Arm :
Right Thigh:
Left Thigh:

Goals for the 30 days:

WORK-OUT:
Week One Date:
Length of Time:
Intensity:
Calories burned: I usually go to: https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/ for this.

Replies

• chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I might have a go at this. I currently do Zumba 2x a week if i can when my son is asleep but should be able to pick it up every day after 21st Oct as Ive just given up work to spend more time with him :)

Challenge start measurements (we'll do this again in two weeks and at the end)
    Weight:
    Neck:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Chest:
    Right Arm:
    Left Arm :
    Right Thigh:
    Left Thigh:

Goals for the 30 days:

WORK-OUT:
    Week One Date:
    Length of Time:
    Intensity:
    Calories burned: I usually go to: https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/ for this.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    bump
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    thank you for the web site info. i will send you a note. thanks
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and put my stuff in!

Weight: 208
    Neck 13.5 on
    Waist 37.5 on
    Hips 43.0 on
    Chest 44.0
    Right Arm 15.5
    Left Arm 16.0
    Right Thigh 26.0
    Left Thigh 26.0

My goals for the 30 days is to finally reach my first goal of under 200 lbs! I'm hoping that increasing my work out (and being held accountable for it) will help me get there! After I reach that goal, I'm buying myself a new outfit! I'm also hoping to increase my workout to an "expert" level on my Zumba Wii as well as increase my time by 5 minutes each week (20 minutes total)

WORK-OUT:
    Date: 10/12/2011
    Length of Time: 40
    Intensity: High
    Calories burned: 562
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I bookmarked this so I can come back tonight and put my info in! :D
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this but I don't have any way to zumba at home --- I do it at the gym 5-6 times a week though..
    Sounds like a great idea and I hope you have success!

As an FYI -- https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/ is not very accurate.
    You really need a good heart rate monitor -- this site is pretty overestimated.
    The only thing the comes close for me is choosing low and subtracting 50 calories.
    I've been doing it 5-7x week for over a year and I work pretty hard so I would normally choose "high" but thats way off.
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this....I just have to find a way to. I don't have a 'zumba' class at my gym. They call it cardio salsa....but because my work times change...I can't always get to them.

I will find out if I can rent zumba DVDs from the library.
  • CashKitty
    Options
    I'm SO in on this. I need something to keep me motivated and this will definitely be it. I'm a Zumba Newbie, but I'm sure it will still produce results even with a newbie learning curve. :D Looking forward to seeing everyone's results!
  • pazla88
    pazla88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! I absolutely love zumba and it definitely works!! Good luck everyone :)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm a zumba addict. I go 4 times per week, but I'm trying to get motivated to do the wii game on days I don't go, but haven't found the motivation yet!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your interest! Go ahead and start postin' when you can! Remember, we'll do measurements in two weeks, on the 27th of October! Lets shrink these inches!
  • FairyGodMother
    FairyGodMother Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can find a local Zumba class either in a gym or a local hall by going to www.zumba.com and look under "Find a Class". Put in your city, state & zip and you will find classes within a 5 to 25 mile radius of your home or work. You do NOT have to go to a gym to find a Zumba class.

If you can't get away for a full class, you can look up Zumba routines on YouTube. I burn over 600 calories in my Zumba cardio classes. If you're looking to shape up your muscles as well look under "Find a Class" for Zumba Toning. We're are getting to the point that Zumba is the Total Package and if you're not a gym person, you'll never need to go near a gym.
    Remember, all the instructors are a bit different you may have to try a few, like I did. If you feel uncoordinated give it at least 2 or 3 chances to get the hang of it. A good instructor will cue you both with their hands and their voice. Everyone can do Zumba.

I have gone from a size 16 to an 8 in the past year ALL thanks To Zumba! I'd be lost without it!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Love..Love..Love Zumba..but I will have to jump in later..currently doing a few other challenges..so catch you in two weeks...I am doing Zumba twice a week, but can't manage everyday right now
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    You can find a local Zumba class either in a gym or a local hall by going to www.zumba.com and look under "Find a Class". Put in your city, state & zip and you will find classes within a 5 to 25 mile radius of your home or work. You do NOT have to go to a gym to find a Zumba class.

If you can't get away for a full class, you can look up Zumba routines on YouTube. I burn over 600 calories in my Zumba cardio classes. If you're looking to shape up your muscles as well look under "Find a Class" for Zumba Toning. We're are getting to the point that Zumba is the Total Package and if you're not a gym person, you'll never need to go near a gym.
    Remember, all the instructors are a bit different you may have to try a few, like I did. If you feel uncoordinated give it at least 2 or 3 chances to get the hang of it. A good instructor will cue you both with their hands and their voice. Everyone can do Zumba.

I have gone from a size 16 to an 8 in the past year ALL thanks To Zumba! I'd be lost without it!

Great tips! Thanks!!
  • jennyshipman79
    jennyshipman79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested. I don't have the Zumba DVDs yet, but was thinking about buying them. Once I get them, can I join in?
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    yup! you are welcome! in the meantime, you can probably find work outs on Youtube!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    WORK-OUT:
    Date: Day 2 10/13
    Length of Time: 20
    Intensity: High
    Calories burned: 285

I decided to try to kill two birds with one stone by using some weights today. That way I can get a full work-out in 20 minutes instead of interrupting my time when my son woke up from his nap!!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't know if I did the measurements right because it's hard with a tape measure & I can never tell if I'm measuring at the exact right spot. Also, I don't think I measure at the same spot the next time I do it, so it's probably not going to show accurate loss anyway! I suck at it.

Weight: 178.4
    Neck: 13.5
    Waist: 33
    Hips:40
    Chest: 38
    Right Arm: 13 1/4
    Left Arm : 13 1/2
    Right Thigh: 25
    Left Thigh: 25

Goals for the 30 days: 1 hour of zumba 4 times per week at the gym, 30 minutes at home on other days

WORK-OUT:
    Week One Date: 10/13
    Length of Time: 60 minutes
    Intensity: medium? I don't exactly know what the difference in high & medium looks like, so I just go with medium.
    Calories burned: 637