Anybody here use the shake weight?

Options
I've heard some people have success with it, and I am already happy with the muscle I have. I don't want to end up looking like a body builder, just tone and lean, like a soccer player. Is the shake weight good for me?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* your muscles into gear!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I've heard some people have success with it, and I am already happy with the muscle I have. I don't want to end up looking like a body builder, just tone and lean, like a soccer player. Is the shake weight good for me?
    [/quote}

i've read online that it takes alot for women to get bulky so u should be good with the shake weight
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I only use it when I am out trolling. So like during halloween time i use it a lot! I just dusted mine off today actually! What timing!
  • fjschmoozer
    Options
    Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    I'm sure it's good, but the comedy routine with Saturday Night Live and the shake weight was hysterical:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Shakeweights are great for you! I used to have one, but then he turned into a jerk, now he's someone else's shakeweight to deal with.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    OHHHHHHHH u actually mean from the commercials..."shake weight" means something else in my house but both work either way(heehee):blushing:
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    Personally, I think it would be very effective for toning, since high reps tends to tone muscles better.

Good to hear, I really want to tone and not get all bulgy and bulky.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Is the shake weight good for me?

Only if you post pictures.
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    OHHHHHHHH u actually mean from the commercials..."shake weight" means something else in my house but both work either way(heehee):blushing:

I've had a crush on you for years.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Most people actually have to work VERY hard to get big or bulky muscles. I know a guy that goes to the gym several times a week, does a lot of weight lifting, takes supplements and protein powder, and he still doesn't have huge muscles.
  • damifino
    damifino Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to gain a lot of muscle I suggest using lower weights but doing higher reps. It's perfect for toning without bulking up.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I've had a crush on you for years.
    it-just-got-weird-men-s_design.png
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Screw that......shaken and stirred at the same time is the way to go.
    2350187555_06ce53f259.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Most people actually have to work VERY hard to get big or bulky muscles. I know a guy that goes to the gym several times a week, does a lot of weight lifting, takes supplements and protein powder, and he still doesn't have huge muscles.

Does this guy use a shake weight? Didn't think so.
    so, you can work very hard, or use a shake weight.
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    I'm sure it's good, but the comedy routine with Saturday Night Live and the shake weight was hysterical:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/saturday-night-live-shake-weight-dvd

:laugh: :laugh:

I can't even look at the package much less buy it thanks to that commercial! :P I'd probably giggle and drop it everytime I touched it!!! :0) However, if you can "handle" it, I have heard it works well! :0) Best wishes!
  • mdmarcha
    Options

That's good to hear.I've had a couple of friends and seen a few guys at the gym get really big really fast- like six months. But, I guess it is kind of rare. Must be genetics.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    hysteriamachine.jpg

Is this a shakeweight??

I bet you could build some killer muscles with the reps from that thing.