HELP Quick!! Going to eat Mexican Rest for lunch!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Ceviche and avocado salads are great. Avoid fried, chips, cheese, sour cream and I might even avoid the fajitas because they cook those veggies etc in so much oil. Avoid anything in a flour tortilla, corn is way better for you. Two corn tortillas is about 130 calories.
  • kristelpoole
    Options
    Also, sub black beans for refried beans and avoid rice.

Drink WATER and a lot of it, especially before your meal.

Ask for a to-go box immediately if your meal is large. Stash half, eat the rest.

:) Have fun. Yum. (And if I were you, I'd probably eat ONE chip with salsa. but just one.)
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Darn! Sorry this is probably too late :( I always order a plain salad with grilled diced chicken, sour cream on the side and an order of refried beans on the side. I add the beans to the salad, mix it up and top with a tablespoon or so of the sour cream & if you want, some of that salsa that came with the chips you DID NOT EAT! :laugh: Yummy , filling and low cal!!
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey, its better to smell like a burrito than to FEEL like one! Hope you enjoyed your lunch!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Y'all crack me up! And I went with the lunch size portion of chicken fajitas and grilled veggies (no tortillas). Didn't touch the other stuff: sour cream, beans, rice, guacamole etc).

I DID eat some chips and salsa. About an 1/8....just put it in the MFP and took my best guess at what I thought would be a fair number for calories!!

And I do smell like a burritto...hope that I don't look like one! :laugh:

And next time...I will be even more prepared with all these yummy options! See what a great MFP site we have?? It's like a whole 'nother world of a menu I never even NOTICED before! :tongue:
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Also, sub black beans for refried beans and avoid rice.

Drink WATER and a lot of it, especially before your meal.

Ask for a to-go box immediately if your meal is large. Stash half, eat the rest.

:) Have fun. Yum. (And if I were you, I'd probably eat ONE chip with salsa. but just one.)

Yes! The to-go box has been a life saver for me at restaurants, where the main issue is portion control.

Can anyone eat just one chip though? ;)
  • kristelpoole
    Options
    It's an extreme challenge in elusive mental control, but yes. ;)