• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Twilight

Oh you.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options

That was part of my issue. The movie was so disconnected that only the people who both read and watched the movies would know what was going on. If you only watched the movies, there were huge plot holes and random things that wouldn't make any sense to you. Plus they cut most of the best parts out of the movie and don't get me started about the liberties they took with what was changed. lol I just don't think it did justice to the books.

I completely agree, don't get me wrong when I say this, I love the movies I atleast watch one harry potter movie a week, but they leave out a lot of character building especially with the house elves and a lot of the other co characters. The movies are mostly about Ron, Harry and Hermione and in the books JK Rowling does a lot more character building. Of course you wouldn't know that if you didn't read the books and only watched the movies. But I love the movies they are so entertaining and I think they really bring a person into the wizarding world.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For me, it's Harry-Potter-Film.jpg:heart:

I would agree ALL THE WAY, but SW did it first with a lower budget and still have dorks dressing up and learning to speak ewok. Give it a few years... the HP books and movies will still be great, but I doubt there will be such hardcore geeks that they still dress up and speak parcel-tongue.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    star trek fo sho
    c2a5e728-9c27-4462-b24a-365e12b4e37e.jpg
  • Jemmuno
    Options

I would agree ALL THE WAY, but SW did it first with a lower budget and still have dorks dressing up and learning to speak ewok. Give it a few years... the HP books and movies will still be great, but I doubt there will be such hardcore geeks that they still dress up and speak parcel-tongue.

Hahahh Maybe not parcel tongue, but they will definitely walk around trying to speak like their british!!!
  • mandeiko
    Options

Hmm, I would try to speak parcel-tongue. Yes, I'm that geek.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    star_trek_dac_gdc.jpg
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Twilight, HP, Star Wars....no desire to see LOTR
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Star Wars > LotR > Potter and I haven't seen/read any Twilight as I am not a fan of vampires really, so...
  • mandeiko
    Options

Hahahh Maybe not parcel tongue, but they will definitely walk around trying to speak like their british!!!

Not gonna lie... when I say Harry Potter, I say "airy pawttah." At least that's my version of British. I fail miserably at accents, though.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Not gonna lie... when I say Harry Potter, I say "airy pawttah." At least that's my version of British. I fail miserably at accents, though.
    Oh my God Amanda, every time I talk about Harry Potter I talk with an accent. (Though mine sounds prettttyy good :wink: )
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    Harry Potter fans must see this youtube video it is hilarious and Mandeiko I say Harry Potter the exact same way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
  • Broken_
    Options

I am Brittish so no point in me pretending :p Now please stop staying it because it hurts my ears when you say it ;)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    LOTR > Star Wars > Harry Potter... wtf is twilight doing on this list?

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner! :drinker:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    [Damned double post.:explode:
  • mandeiko
    Options

Oh my God Amanda, every time I talk about Harry Potter I talk with an accent. (Though mine sounds prettttyy good :wink: )

LMAO!! Oh Alex <3
  • mandeiko
    Options

I am Brittish so no point in me pretending :p Now please stop staying it because it hurts my ears when you say it ;)

Awh, booooooo. I try!
  • Broken_
    Options
    Harry Potter fans must see this youtube video it is hilarious and Mandeiko I say Harry Potter the exact same way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

Yeah... have you seen A VERY POTTER MUSICAL?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk <<< Look closely. Harry is played by Darren Chris from Glee (a few years before he joined the Glee cast)... it's actually really good. and be sure to watch the sequel too