Weight loss tips that are helping me and i want to share

Options
Ok these are the weight loss tips that i have gathered together for myself that i want to share with you all. :smile:

Which ones do you think you could stick to and which ones are a definite no

1. No junk food

2. No smoking

3. smaller portions

4. Leave some food on the plate at the end of a meal

5. No eating late at night

6. No sneaking out late at night to buy food

I am trying to keep to all 6 but the hardest for me is numbers 5 and 6

Over to you

Replies

• amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    1 and 5 :( As I sit here eating sunchips and being crabby :(
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    my favorite is smaller portions and leave a little on the plate...
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    1 is my hardest but I'm replacing those things with Luna bars and light air popped pop corn. Thanks for sharing.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    1. Eat slowly
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Buy more vegetables and fruits to eat and sneak them into every meal.
    4. Don't put all your calories into one or two meals... divide them up and eat all the time!

I have the worst time with 1 and 2!!!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    the one I usually can't do is "leave a little on the plate." but prolly cuz i measure and plan, and then i would have to recalculate all my damned calories....LOL

here's another one for you, before a meal, drink say, 4 oz of cold water. (doesn't make you feel all bloaty, but reduces your hunger a bit.)
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    I cant stop smoking! it is terrible I need to quit but cant do it.... il go for a 10km run then have a ciggie straight after! im been super healthy that aside!

smoking is harder than food for me to give up
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would have the hardest time with number 4 I was taught growing up to eat everything you put on your plate or anything that is put in front of you so this is def. a hard one for me this is why I've cut down on going out to eat and eating at home more where I can control the portions that go on my plate.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    the most important rule is missing:

EXERCISE
  • alexis92
    Options
    Not eating late at night is tough for me too! These are all great tips!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I cant stop smoking! it is terrible I need to quit but cant do it.... il go for a 10km run then have a ciggie straight after! im been super healthy that aside!

I quit smoking cold turkey 2 years and 4 months ago after smoking for 26 years. I think it's mind over matter.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't normally leave anything on the plate because I measure and weigh out every single calorie and I want to eat them! LOL
  • babygurl48
    Options
    Not eating late at night is tough for me too! These are all great tips!

me too!!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    4 and 5 are my hardest. :( I can't stand wasting food so I just have to do my best not putting too much on there to begin with, and I always find myself picking at my toddlers leftovers! :( Anddd I'm really bad about late night snacking.
  • babygurl48
    Options
    I don't normally leave anything on the plate because I measure and weigh out every single calorie and I want to eat them! LOL
    yup!! this is me too!!!..lol...
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    The hardest one for me is #1. I love my junk food, but just cut down on the portions and make sure they fit into my calorie goal. I quit smoking 6 and a half years ago and I try not to eat after 8:30pm. The others are not a problem!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    1. Don't go shopping when you are hungry.
    2. Don't have junk food in the house, and you won't be tempted
    3. Have a good healthy food plan that is easy to shop for.
    4. Train yourself to have self control.
    5. It's OK to have an occasional cheat day, as long as you keep it under control.
  • leanne2376
    Options

I quit smoking cold turkey 2 years and 4 months ago after smoking for 26 years. I think it's mind over matter.

I quit 5 days ago and feel great - had a few cravings but i just kept in my mind why i wanted to give up smoking - i am quite grouchy but i dont care
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    I can't go without junk food. I try to live by all things in moderation.
  • mommyffrog
    mommyffrog Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great tips from everyone. The one I've had to break is....don't finish what my kids have left!!!!!
  • leanne2376
    Options
    1. Don't go shopping when you are hungry.
    2. Don't have junk food in the house, and you won't be tempted
    3. Have a good healthy food plan that is easy to shop for.
    4. Train yourself to have self control.
    5. It's OK to have an occasional cheat day, as long as you keep it under control.

Number 4 here is the answer for me - i cant just have one cheat day as it turns into more - it's all or nothing for me