What convinced YOU to shed the weight?

Options
For me, it was hearing all the statistics about how "blah-blah-blah percent of Americans are overweight." I hating knowing I was part of that percentage! :(

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tired of dancing to get my jeans on lol
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure and feeling like Jabba the Hut.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my life my doctor told me to and I didn't like how my weight was getting in the way of my doing the things I want to do.
  • leanne2376
    Options
    I just felt horrible and decided enough was enough
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    I turned 30, and realized, if I don't lose weight now, when? I wasted so much of my 20's being obese... No more obese in 2012!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    1. To end emotional eating and eat "normally"
    2. My wedding next June
    3. to fit into a closet full of nice jeans
    4. for my long term health

:)
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    The fact that simple things are becoming increasingly difficult - bending over, walking up stairs.

Honestly, I don't WANT to be fat anymore. I don't hate myself, and am not extremely obese. I want to wear swimsuits and not feel terrible. I want to be able to shop at normal stores. I want to be able to wear nice clothing. I want to stick around for the children I will eventually have.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sad... but true..... I was tired of being made fun of.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Being single all my life and my lack of confidence were strong motivators. I felt it was necessary to become fit in order to fix these things, especially the confidence issue. At the moment I think I've got the confidence thing down, I don't feel like crap anymore and am now pretty content with myself. Now to work on the other...
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vanity -- I have always had a very athletic toned body, and then I woke up one day and had turned into a fat *kitten* (imo). I decided that life was too short, and that it was time to wake up and start living the life I knew I could have. 35lbs later I am happy with my body, and more importantly happy with myself!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Partially when my wife had to have both her knees replaced and the doc said they would have lasted her a lifetime if she hadn't carried so much weight on them.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Looking at a picture of me. I hated it. I was disgusted. That's all it took. I still have a long ways to go though.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Started dating again and couldn't imagine "him" seeing me naked at the weight I was... and my blood pressure was getting out of control.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want another baby and there is NO WAY I'm going to try for another while I'm weighing about 10 lbs more than I did 9 months pregnant. It's just not gonna happen. I want to get down to my "right after birth" weight of 190 before I start trying.
    Also..My little brother told me I was "too big and fluffy" to get into the bouncy house with my son. That hurt.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I saw a sign on a corner from my local Curves with a 2 for 1 special called a friend and here I am 28lbs lighter! It wasnt an aha moment, it wasnt I feel bad, it wasnt I want to be healthy now. It was just getting up and doing it and it still took me 3 days to start after I signed up. The very first day I started exercising I started walking and watching what I ate. Now I look back and think why I waited 20 yrs to do something about my obesity. Everyone at the gym asks me what made me do it now... my answer is always the same...I dont know - I just did it!:wink:
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Sad... but true..... I was tired of being made fun of.

im jelous of your cute halloween costume lol ive always wanted that ragdoll dress
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Several non-weight related health issues in 2009-2010 got my attention about health and that it's not going to get easier as I get older. Then, at Christmas of 2010 (pic), I felt like a bratwurst about to burst on the grill.
    I was physically uncomfortable just existing.

2010-12-25REW.jpg
  • kristinjwright
    kristinjwright Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clothes tight. Starting to buy bigger clothes. Pictures of myself.
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    I have a lot of nieces and nephews. Three of those nephews I spend a lot of time with and they are an active bunch, so back when I was healthier I was able to keep up with them better having fun at the park and tennis courts. Weight is just a number and in the end it doesn't matter as much as how I feel. When I am working out I have fewer stomach problems, sleep better, and can eat more ;-) not to mention I have a drawer full of jeans that don't fit and now winter is around the corner. I didn't want to have to go trying on clothes and buy BIGGER jeans when I have lots of perfectly good ones in a drawer at home. So gotta get into them before the COLD starts :) Thanksfully living in FL means I still have a few months.
  • cutezombiedoll
    Options
    I want to go to Europe, but I'm worried everyone will look at me and think "Fat American". Plus, I'm kinda sick of finding cute clothes in second hand stores and such and finding that they don't fit.