Nicknames....

Options

Replies

• JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Nina Bina, mainly... or whatever name came into my older brother & sister's head.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I always thought "God Dammit" was my nickname. Apparently that name travels down generations.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My name is Jamie, so most people call me James or J. My nephew calls me Mamie, he couldn't prounounce j's when he was little and it stuck. My close friends and family call my Baby Girl, because for the first 6 months of my life it was my legal name. No joke, they messed up my birth certificate and my mom didn't know about it until I got really sick and she took me to the hospital and there was no record of a Jamie, just Baby Girl. She had to actually get my name legally changed from Baby Girl to Jamie. So it stuck. My mom also called my her little PITA, it wasn't till I got older she told me it stood for Pain In the *kitten*. Gotta love her lol.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    "Thumper"

Apparently I had bigger feet than everyone else when I was little...or so my parents thought.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I also get mistakenly called Rebecca at work by some people when my co-worker Rebecca is near me.

Bizarre. One of my really good friends in high school was Rebecca. Then I had a good college friend Rebecca. I've always randomly been called Rebecca for some reason or another. Not as a nickname, but as a genuine mistake. College Rebecca and I worked together for a few summers, and one day switched our name tags. People screwed our names up even more after that :laugh:
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    My mom called me "Amanda Panda Bear", or just bear for short. My dad's always called me "Sis" because that's what my younger brother called me growing up.

My husband has 15 different nicknames for me. haha

I got called Amanda Panda too!

And baby cakes......don't know how I got that one!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    One of my uncles always called me "Red".

Throughout high school, my nickname was "Bus" because my maiden name is Busfield. I even have that engraved on my class ring instead of my initials. Of the 202 people in my class through those 4 years, I think there were only 5 or 6 who called me by name.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My legal name is Margaret, but have been called Margie, Marge, or Maggie all my life. From different friends or family: Tinkerbell, Margaretitha Thursday, Baby Sis, Gimpy. My hubby calls me Pretty Lady. Or Crazy Lady, depending on the day.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica to co-workers
    I'm Jesse to the majority of my friends & family
    I'm Peach to my husband
    I'm Mom to my kids
    I'm Yoshi to my siblings & in-law siblings
    I'm Peter Rabbit to my Mom
    I'm Petey to my Dad

:huh: I didn't pick any of them. And I *HATE* being called Jess.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My dad called/calls me Rocky. Something about how he used to make my tiny hands punch in the air when I was a baby to the “Rocky” song, and I would giggle the whole time. So it stuck, I suppose.

My sisters used to call me all sorts of fun nicknames. One time we went bowling and they wrote my initials down as TT. Full name: Thunder Thighs. And it showed up on the screen every time it was my turn to bowl.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My dad called/calls me Rocky. Something about how he used to make my tiny hands punch in the air when I was a baby to the “Rocky” song, and I would giggle the whole time. So it stuck, I suppose.

My sisters used to call me all sorts of fun nicknames. One time we went bowling and they wrote my initials down as TT. Full name: Thunder Thighs. And it showed up on the screen every time it was my turn to bowl.

Other than the above, I’m “Tiffy” to most of my family. And “Tiff” to friends, co-workers, and everyone else.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My real name is Robert but da mudder saddled me with Augie, and the 1000 variations of it, when I was born.
    aug
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Morgs - My sissy
    Morgy Pie - My auntie
    Morgana - My childhood friend
    Morgan Dollar - Fellow Bank Employees
    Mo - My BC
    M - My BFF
    *kitten* - Women in mty development ***Personal Favorite***
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Chatty Katty - (my grandpa) - I always hated that nickname . . .

LOL Love this!!! My nickname for one of my cats is Chatty Kathy. She never stops meowing... I swear!

Mine... nothing cool or silly... just Jim, Jimmy, Jimbo, or Dip****. :laugh:
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cait
    Caittan (KAY-tan) - My little brother couldn't pronounce my name and my dad still makes fun
    Kit Kat
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    My stepdad called me ****head, *kitten* and adpoted,
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My Nan called me "Black Eyed Susan", and most of my immediate family call me "Mork". Call me "Morgie" and there'll be heck to pay!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Mar Mar
    Mare Bear
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    in h.s. my friends nicknamed me "#1 rump shaker" ... not really sure why.. ? my husband has a few nicknames for me, schnookums, pookie bear, sugar snatch LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't get nicknames until college....