I am so FRIGGING FRUSTRATED

Options
I am so FRIGGING FRUSTRATED I cut carbs in half and never go over my calories. Exercise hard 5 days a week. I don't cheat or fudge anything. I log it all. If I go to the store and they have samples I log those. What is my reward I gained 2.5 pounds this week and haven't lost anything for a month. I don't know what to do at this point. Very very very discouraged:o(

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    u may need to eat more, or it may be ur sodium levels.
  • netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall for about 2 months and FINALLY just started loosing again. Stick with it and try not to get too discouraged. It will happen. Maybe you are eating too little? or building muscle?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am so FRIGGING FRUSTRATED I cut carbs in half and never go over my calories. Exercise hard 5 days a week. I don't cheat or fudge anything. I log it all. If I go to the store and they have samples I log those. What is my reward I gained 2.5 pounds this week and haven't lost anything for a month. I don't know what to do at this point. Very very very discouraged:o(

Is it the time of the month? How are your sodium levels? Are you eating enough?

What are you using to measure your calories burned? MFP exercise database tends to overestimate calories burned...it could be a case of overestimating calories and underestimating calories intake.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't necessarily "be good" and I keep losing. I stay in my calories and take them to the limit or close as I can without going over. That way I am geting whatever needs to be gotten. Try doing that and see if that doesn't help. I still eat good, just not super sticking to diet that way my metabolism doensn't have a chance to stop and save. On weekends, I stay within reason, but anything goes. look at my diary if you wish.
  • miam4nia
    miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    drink A LOT of water...A LOT.
    and try cutting out all carbs and only get them from fruits/veggies...maybe that will speed things up

i just took a look at your diary, and 200 g of carbs is a lot for a normal diet...halve that, or do one better and quarter it
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    stress? lack of sleep? water?
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi, it sounds like you have hit a plateau...here's a good article for advice on how to break through this part of your journey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeanette-jenkins/5-nutrition-tips-to-break-through-a-plateau_b_935117.html#s358673&title=Fewer_Calories_In

You need to just shake things up a bit, try a different exercise routine, eat a little differently...eventually you will break the plateau. Don't give up.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Youre not tracking your sodium, thats usually the culprit. Also, you dont seem to be eating enough, so maybe try upping your calorie count with healthy foods.
  • Artisticallymused
    Options
    I think It is a combination of building muscle and eating too little- if you are constantly under your calories for the day you could be putting your body into starvation mode... I would suggest adding 50 calories a day to your daily total until you see a change- also start measuring... you could be building muscle mass that is replacing fat weight.. which is good-
  • MissJenova
    Options
    You are also probably gaining muscle which weighs much more than fat. You also may have to readjust your MFP settings.
    Once you reach your peak, eating more may help you start losing again.
    Keep it up! It's not all about the scale :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    what is your bodyfat %? If you don't know, you should get it done
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any measurements? Maybe you're smaller but heavier because of muscle from the exercise?

But, I know how you feel. A few years ago I ate right, swam several days a week, walked, did curves for 4 months. Didn't lose a pound or an inch. It was horrible and very discouraging. So, instead of continuing on, I gained more weight from frustration eating. :sad:

Don't give up! (said to myself as much as to you!)

Helen
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Straight up.................you don't eat enough.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Overestimating exercise cals? changed something in your workout? just started working out? Sodium? not eating enough?
  • natersmama
    Options
    i just took a glance back through your diary. and on a lot of days you have a LOT of calories remaining. and you dont seem to be getting large quantities of food for your calorie consumption. i suggest have a smaller deficit at the end of the day. track your sodium. eat nutrient rich foods. and be patient with yourself. our bodies are a lot more complex than "calories in calories out" that is preached. good luck!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Another thing is WHAT you eat. Even if you're below your calories, if you are putting bad food into your body not much is going to change.
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Is it the time of the month? How are your sodium levels? Are you eating enough?

[/quote]

I think I would make medical history if it was that time of the month. I don't think it's possible for a man
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm going with gluten intolerance (I’ve seen that one in action), not enough water (get your 8) and/or muscle building (did you measure everything before you started? – Those measurements can change for the better and you’d never see it on the scale:)
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    I have been in plateau for 2 weeks - a month in my journey, it's your body telling you to make some changes.
    No salty food, 2.5 lb could be water weight due to salt, or if you are a girl like me, period water weight.
    Drink a lot more water!! It truly helps!
    Eat food with more fiber, like corn is a great food to clean your intestine.
    Or -- eat more! (healthy food of course)

All in all, hang in there and keep living healthy, we've all been there, and you'll pass this! :D Good luck!
  • humanskin
    Options
    I think I agree with abellante_0205 about the sodium levels. I can easily gain 5-7 lbs in water weight alone on any average day if I let my sodium levels get all wacky the day or two before.

Start taking measurements and stop looking at the scale. Scales are sadistic. Each one gives you a different number, it's entirely based on that particular moment, and it really doesn't do a whole lot other than make people depressed. Weigh in, but don't take it to heart. Measure yourself and as long as your inches are going down, you're on the right track!