I am so FRIGGING FRUSTRATED

Options
2»

Replies

• jsassy63
    Options
    Don't give up. Perhaps you have gained muscle mass. This is a good thing! You're body is probably adjusting itself and resisting weight loss at the moment. Keep going. I'm sure you'll see another drop in weight soon. I exercise 4-5 days a week too and watch my calories carefully. I have also lost weight slowly but surely. Some weeks I stay the same and then suddenly I drop 2-3 pounds. I just don't pressure myself to lose unrealistic amounts of weight weekly. I wish you the best. We are out here supporting you!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i peeked at your food diary. may i suggest that you start tracking your sodium & sugar as well. you will be suprised.
    alot of what you are eating is high in sodium & sugar & that may be the culprit!
    are you logging condiments? i didnt see any listed. everything that you swallow should be logged. it all adds up.
    also you need to drink your 8 glasses of water per day. nothing can stick for long if your flushing with water!
    good luck!
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    More fresh fruit and veggies. More water. And take a careful look at your sodium.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I am so FRIGGING FRUSTRATED I cut carbs in half and never go over my calories. Exercise hard 5 days a week. I don't cheat or fudge anything. I log it all. If I go to the store and they have samples I log those. What is my reward I gained 2.5 pounds this week and haven't lost anything for a month. I don't know what to do at this point. Very very very discouraged:o(

Is it the time of the month?

Bwahahahaha! I sure hope not!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP, a few things:

1. You need to make sure of the amount of calories you burn in a 24 hour period. (TDEE) Try to be as accurate as possible. If you have to eat at a certain level and test the waters to find out your maintenance then do it. Or go buy a Bodybugg or BM Fit but those aren't 100% accurate. Bout 90% actually.

2. Eat a 500-1000 calorie deficit under that maintenance level (TDEE).

3. Eat sufficient protein and fat every day. .5g of protein per lb of lbm (lean body mass) at minimum. .35g per lb of bw of dietary fat.

4. Drink plenty of fluids and/or water every day.

5. Eat 2-4 servings of fruits, 4-6 servings of veggies everyday if possible.

6. Get 6-8 hours of sleep per night.

7. Take a multivitamin and fish oil if possible.

8. Don't overdo it in the gym. 3 days of strength training with one or two days of cardio is enough. Take atleast 1 day completely off.

You might have alot of water weight. Drink more water/fluids to lose it.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, man. I'm not doing quite as much exercise as you, but I just don't lose weight. A couple of years ago I spent 6 months working out 5 days a week, and working out pretty hard, in preparation for a fairly major surgery. I ate a lot of salads and stayed off of any processed junk food. My whole body shape changed but I lost no clothing sizes. And it was NOT muscle weight that I "gained"- I was in no way ripped. Total weight loss = 1 pound.

When I was in my mid-20's I was probably the thinnest and most fit I've ever been. I worked out on average 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week, and ate Thai food and sushi almost exclusively. The *second* all that stopped the weight came flying back on.

Now I'm 45 so you can imagine what my metabolism is like. I want to lose weight, I want to be able to hike on the weekends. I do not want to spend every spare moment of time working out for the rest of my life.

Focus on feeling healthy and eating well and don't worry about the weight.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and and what is your weight?

I ask that because you are eating 2500-3000 calories on some days so unless you are a good sized guy that's a lot for losing weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options

Is it the time of the month? How are your sodium levels? Are you eating enough?

Bwahaha! A time of the month for a man is when he's gettin' some!!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Is it the time of the month? How are your sodium levels? Are you eating enough?

Bwahaha! A time of the month for a man is when he's gettin' some!!

Haha
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    too many carbs and are you drinking water...
  • ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    way too many carbs

I agree. You are eating a lot of carbs, unless of course that is what your healthcare provider suggested then carry on.

The more carbs I eat the harder time I have losing weight.