Hip to Waist Ratio

Options
2»

Replies

• hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to tailor every pair of pants I buy.. I'd rather just avoid jeans like I have been doing haha. I just wear skirts and dresses.
    As for curves, I really don't have what people would consider curves. My waist is 24 inches and my hips are 36. I guess it gives the illusion that I have curves, though, because of the difference in those numbers. I don't know; I just know it is annoying haha.
    I was just hoping there was something I could maybe do to make the ratio more normal.
    I also have very slim thighs so when I try to buy a pair that is sized for my hips and just have them ride on my hips rather than sit where they should, they are then baggy in the thighs.
    I guess I'm just stuck with dresses and skirts.

Those are curves. And its your bone structure..not much you are going to be able to do to change it.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are blessed with the hourglass figure that is the ideal body image for most women! Flaunt it girl! ;-) I agree with suggestion of the low rise pants. Also, buying women/Misses sizes instead of JR will help as JR's are made for girls with no hips! LOL!
    Be proud of the body you have! Most of us are jealous!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I have the same problem! I have currently, a 16 inch difference. It's very hard but I have noticed that belts are a solution and also Levi has this curve ID, you answer a couple questions and then they show you which jeans will fit you! www.us.levi.com
    Fantastic!!! I am a Supreme Curve, lol. I hope they have this in the UK too!
  • Jennypins
    Jennypins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I have the same problem! I have currently, a 16 inch difference. It's very hard but I have noticed that belts are a solution and also Levi has this curve ID, you answer a couple questions and then they show you which jeans will fit you! www.us.levi.com
    Fantastic!!! I am a Supreme Curve, lol. I hope they have this in the UK too!

Bold curve here. Love that!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the same difficulty, which is why I don't wear jeans. I mostly wear skirts and dresses to disguise the proportions.

But when I do wear pants, I take 4 mini-tucks in the waist band to reduce the size.

Remember that the ideal measurement is 36-24-36... That's a 12-inch difference! It's a shame that clothing manufacturers don't understand that, but I guess we are in the minority these days.
  • balke7
    balke7 Posts: 1
    Options
    American Apparel has waist high jeans made to fit people with 12" difference between their hips and waist. They are $80 and well made. http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=rsadm304

Don't change your body type! :( It's not your job to fit into clothes, it's their job to fit you.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    that is a GREAT "problem" to have. I wear a flippin' steel-boned corset to get that waist-to-hip differential look.