Smoking right after working out

Options
What are the effects of smoking right after a hard workout????? Is it awful for you??

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I've done it. I quit a few weeks ago though. I just want to be healthy all around.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Smoking is awful for you anytime.

ETA: I have been smoke-free for nearly 60 days now and have seen HUGE improvements in my workouts since quitting.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Please look in the mirror and ask that again...but takout the "right after a hard workout"

Not meant to be cruel...just a harsh truth from a former smoker
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I SO used to look forward to my post-workout smoke. It was like my little reward. :smokin:

10 days into my quit, and counting. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Thank God for Nicorette patches. :smile:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    What are the effects of smoking right after a hard workout????? Is it awful for you??

If you are smoking after working out you might want to invest in body glide or slow down..
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I smoked for 23 years. Smoking after a workout offers no benifet at all other than replenishing the nictotine back into your body that you sweated out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I used to do this. I would smoke before I got there and right after. If anything I could go back and change, it would have been that I never smoked.
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    I do it, but yeah, it's not good for you (or me) at all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I SO used to look forward to my post-workout smoke. It was like my little reward. :smokin:

10 days into my quit, and counting. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Thank God for Nicorette patches. :smile:

Feel ya! I just took myself off the patch. I'm a teensy bit cranky but I'm leveling off.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's GREAT!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Inhaling carcinogens that will eventually kill you and make your life miserable. I would say that is right up there with "awful."
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    smoking at any time is really awful for you.. duh!!!!... seriously though smoking reduces the oxygen level in your blood and constricts your viens which as you can imagine is not a good thing before or after you work out and stress your muscles. quit now..
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Of course it's awful for you... but sometimes my cigarettes are my "reward" after a workout, haha.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Probably better than not working out at all, at least once you've stopped breathing heavy.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I don't usually, but then I smoke in reaction to stress so working out blast my stress away for a while so it's usually a while before I need one. Hoping to quit soon, but I have to figure out how to do it safely as murder is still illegal....just sayin.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

The effects are you may get a nice buzz from the tobacco. You should do it while you're still out of breath, as to inhale more. Don't listen to these people in here telling you smoking is awful for you. They don't have a single clue what they're talking about.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    lung-comparison.png

Enough said, yeah?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Part of a well-rounded breakfast of champions.

videos-littlechocolatedonuts.jpg
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhh......:huh:

:noway:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Are we talking cigarettes or other products? =)