girdles! (girls only)

Options
syiyi
syiyi Posts: 341 Member
Has anyone ever slept with a girdle on??? just curious I tried it last night.. I think it kept everything in place.. lol!! what do you girls think?

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't know bc I hate them. One of my motivating factors to lose.
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm lol... b/c I wear spanx and I haven't tried that trick... I think tonite I would!!! LOL
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I sleep in a sports bra sometimes? Same concept just for boobs... Is there a reason to sleep in a girdle?
  • syiyi
    Options
    I'm lol... b/c I wear spanx and I haven't tried that trick... I think tonite I would!!! LOL

lol!!! ;) just try it.. jijiji..
  • syiyi
    Options
    I sleep in a sports bra sometimes? Same concept just for boobs... Is there a reason to sleep in a girdle?

lol!!! I havent try the sports bra I'll try it.. lol!!!
    mmmm!! I don't know it just makes me feel like everything is in place.. hahahha!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief! Thats sounds awful. I can't stand anything on me when I sleep. At the most, a T-shirt in winter if it's really cold. Usually, just what I was born in.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Never slept with it on lol... I wore a girdle for like a month straight and realized I was only tricking myself lol and I felt so small...Lol now I try to wear it as much...
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    whats the point of that??
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never worn a girdle. To be honest, I didn't know they still made them.
  • syiyi
    Options

I used to wear one when I was younger.. and it kept me on track.. when i stop wearing it.. I gained so much weight.. I know it may sound weird. So i decided to start wearing lol!! now that I'm losing the weight.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I think it kept everything in place.. lol!! what do you girls think?
    Worrying about how I look when I'm asleep is a mindset that is so totally alien to me, I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd want to do this.

I'm sure it can't be good for your circulation to wear it at night while not moving around.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I used to wear one when I was younger.. and it kept me on track.. when i stop wearing it.. I gained so much weight.. I know it may sound weird. So i decided to start wearing lol!! now that I'm losing the weight.

Yep, that does sound weird!
  • syiyi
    Options
    Worrying about how I look when I'm asleep is a mindset that is so totally alien to me, I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd want to do this.

I'm sure it can't be good for your circulation to wear it at night while not moving around.

true! I've heard pregnant women wear it after they give birth..
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    when I was younger I always felt like my ribs were wider set than other girls.... so for my 14th birthday I forced my mom to get me a real old-fashioned corset (I was good friends with an antique store owner and he sold me a referbished, wale bone corset for a mere $85)
    I slept in it everynight for years until my moms dog got a hold of it... my ribs aren't as wide anymore but they could use a few more years in a corset, imo. I also have more of an hourglass shape now than I did pre-corset. I wish I could get my hands on one again

Does the girdle reallly help?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    when I was younger I always felt like my ribs were wider set than other girls.... so for my 14th birthday I forced my mom to get me a real old-fashioned corset (I was good friends with an antique store owner and he sold me a referbished, wale bone corset for a mere $85)
    I slept in it everynight for years until my moms dog got a hold of it... my ribs aren't as wide anymore but they could use a few more years in a corset, imo. I also have more of an hourglass shape now than I did pre-corset. I wish I could get my hands on one again

Does the girdle reallly help?

Just google corsets there are loads out there. Lots of retro lingerie with a modern twist as well.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used to wrap her stomach in clingfilm for a few hours before a big night out, does that count??
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Never slept in one but I recently heard to rub Preparation H on your tummy and put on a tight gridle; its suppose to minimize stretch marks and help shape up your tummy while you are losing weight. I don't know if it works, I haven't tried it but a few of my MFP's live by it.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that I don't even know what exactly a girdle is? I mean, I've heard of them my entire life, but I'm not actually sure what they are.
  • thatchocolatechic
    thatchocolatechic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them however, it does remind you during the day to contract your muscles, especially after pregnancy...never tried to sleep in one...hmmmm
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

true! I've heard pregnant women wear it after they give birth..

The thing about wearing them after birth is that during pregnancy your abdominal muscles are all stretched out and some women just feel like their stomach is going to fall right off of them once the baby is out. It's a really weird feeling for some people - I had it and it was very unsettling. I plan to get something like the Belly Bandit to wear after my next baby for a bit - IDK if it actually 'does' anything, but I do feel it would be more comfortable than feeling like my stomach is stretching to my knees. LOL I think in some other cultures (maybe China? not sure) it may be much more commonplace for women to wrap their torsos after a birth...