girdles! (girls only)

2»

Replies

• pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    why do you sleep with it on, am I missing some trick?
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    After I have my umbilical hernia surgery I'll have to wear one 24/7 for a few weeks, so stitches don't rip. I do wear one now to "Train" for after the surgery but haven't tried to bed, I have a squeem and it helps sweat out water retention in the tummy area as well as "suck it all in" and helps with my IBS, it's actually supposed to help with circulation to that area believe it or not, lol. :)
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Oh good grief! Thats sounds awful. I can't stand anything on me when I sleep. At the most, a T-shirt in winter if it's really cold. Usually, just what I was born in.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    when I was younger I always felt like my ribs were wider set than other girls.... so for my 14th birthday I forced my mom to get me a real old-fashioned corset (I was good friends with an antique store owner and he sold me a referbished, wale bone corset for a mere $85)
    I slept in it everynight for years until my moms dog got a hold of it... my ribs aren't as wide anymore but they could use a few more years in a corset, imo. I also have more of an hourglass shape now than I did pre-corset. I wish I could get my hands on one again

Does the girdle reallly help?

Just google corsets there are loads out there. Lots of retro lingerie with a modern twist as well.

Most of the ones I find are expensive, any tips on where to find cheap ones? I was amazed back then (and still am today) that the antique store owner gave me such a discount (it was originally over 200, but he said it was my birthday and since I left my friends everytime we went down town to sit and talk to an old geezer, I deserved it :P) I would LOVE to get my hands on one that isnt just a visual thing but an actual body changing corset
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    when I was younger I always felt like my ribs were wider set than other girls.... so for my 14th birthday I forced my mom to get me a real old-fashioned corset (I was good friends with an antique store owner and he sold me a referbished, wale bone corset for a mere $85)
    I slept in it everynight for years until my moms dog got a hold of it... my ribs aren't as wide anymore but they could use a few more years in a corset, imo. I also have more of an hourglass shape now than I did pre-corset. I wish I could get my hands on one again

Just google corsets there are loads out there. Lots of retro lingerie with a modern twist as well.

Most of the ones I find are expensive, any tips on where to find cheap ones? I was amazed back then (and still am today) that the antique store owner gave me such a discount (it was originally over 200, but he said it was my birthday and since I left my friends everytime we went down town to sit and talk to an old geezer, I deserved it :P) I would LOVE to get my hands on one that isnt just a visual thing but an actual body changing corset

This is where I'm going to get mine from: http://www.corset-story.com/

They have different types. steel boned, Waist training, under bust, fashion. They are really cute too.
  • Ebbykins

They have different types. steel boned, Waist training, under bust, fashion. They are really cute too.

Just take it slow with actual corsets on how tight you go, training corsets are recommended to start, because they can actually squeeze your lungs so much your lung capacity is compromised.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member

Just take it slow with actual corsets on how tight you go, training corsets are recommended to start, because they can actually squeeze your lungs so much your lung capacity is compromised.

Yes, the site says to consult a doctor before doing any waist training. I'm not planning on doing training, I just like the looks of the corsets.
  • LaComadreja14
    Thanks those look nice, and real to boot not just 4 fashion
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    What is a Squeem?
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    A friend of mine used to wrap her stomach in clingfilm for a few hours before a big night out, does that count??

lol!!!! its funny I try it once to do exercise it actually worked... made me sweat ahahahaha!!! but dont try it if your someone who sweat alot..
  • Ebbykins
    What is a Squeem?

I have just one, but it's a really good quality "compression garment" it's a girdle and it is made of a thicker material that helps with moving water retention out of the stomach area, it also has strong "bones" that run down it so it's more structured and doesn't bend like the material type of girdles that come without the bones in them. It was uncomfortable at first and when I bend and I'm slightly bloated it is weird, but when my IBS-C is bothering me and everything seems to be "sitting way up here" in my chest and not digesting normally I find it does help compress and move stuff south.... LOL, TMI? I enjoy wearing it for the nice hour glass figure it gives me in certain shirts now because I have such a muscley athletic look in some clothes. I bought mine online from a compression garment website where they tend to be a better deal, shipping was nominal.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    I love my girdles! I love Rago! I have around 4 diffrent kinds. But i never sleep in them if i can help it.
  • I never heard of it till now... i like to sleep very comfortably nothing tight ...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    They still make those things? :huh:
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    I've slept in spanx before, but a girdle?! Good grief that sounds awful. Sometimes when I'm feeling extra jiggly and bloated I'll sleep in some spanx just to keep everything tucked in nicely. I look forward to the day that I can put on a pair of jeans and NOT have spanx on....it has been many years.
  • My friend is corset training. She looks so tiny, more so than what she looked before. She wears hers during the day and takes it off before she goes to bed. It seems to be working for her, she's been doing it for a long time.
  • LaComadreja14
    How on earth does she wear it during the day?

Back when I had one I always felt like my clothes fit strangely/bumpy at the corsets top and bottom.. but moreso at the bottom where it hit my jeans... maybe it was just the cut of mine though??