Justifications for cheating...

Options
What are some of the weirdest justifications or rules for cheating you have come up with?

Mine:

Cookies don't count if they are broken
The two end crust pieces in a loaf of bread don't count.

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    "If I eat all of this ______ tonight, then it won't be here tomorrow and I won't be able to have it...so I better eat it all now" (insert whatever in blank.. cake, cookies, pizza, etc. :)

That was back when I used to binge though, which I've gotten much better about now.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    "If I eat all of this ______ tonight, then it won't be here tomorrow and I won't be able to have it...so I better eat it all now" (insert whatever in blank.. cake, cookies, pizza, etc. :)

THIS also if no one sees me or I eat it fast then it didn't happen
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "it's only a little bit" of everything! :(
    I've been so good.
    I lost 20 lbs already, I know how to get back on track

that was almost two weeks ago. I still have to get back on track! :(
  • kendeci
    kendeci Posts: 10
    Options

Thats mine - I always justify it with I'll diet again tomorrow
  • 007DIVA
    007DIVA Posts: 12
    Options
    If I don't log those calories then it's like I never ate them
  • xoKarabearxo
    Options

I do the same thing! Also, since I work at a bakery....with a ton of good food....it's so hard to say no when you have good Italian bakers asking you to sample everything!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options

THIS also if no one sees me or I eat it fast then it didn't happen

Both of these are exactly the way it is .. CRAZY
  • legsfordays
    Options
    I just think, what if you walk outside and get hit by a bus tomorrow? You only life once, indulge. =P
    Then ultimately this ends up backfiring on me because then I have that mindset for the rest of the day >.<
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options

That was back when I used to binge though, which I've gotten much better about now.

^^ This. I am currently battling the piece of pumpkin pie on the counter that my husband told me he would eat a couple days ago...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I should finish it now so I don't eat it later.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    he didn't know what he was doing.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    If no one sees me do it, it didn't happen :laugh:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Everything that comes from a plant is a vegetable, therefore healthy. This includes french fries, chocolate, and carrot cake.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    If I don't log those calories then it's like I never ate them

I have told myself this more than once. I know it's not true and I feel so guilty that I log it then go for a long walk to make up for it.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am currently battling the piece of pumpkin pie on the counter that my husband told me he would eat a couple days ago...
    [/quote]

"If I eat it I will be saving my husband/family etc. from it and they need to be healthy too"
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Other girls don't count.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well..I just lost (insert whatever pds lost)...Ive been so good. One cookie wont hurt!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    he didn't know what he was doing.

LOL You're funny! :P
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    Taking the odd handful/mouthful of something doesn't count. Say, if I drink some milk out of the bottle in the fridge (I live alone, so it's not that disgusting), it doesn't count. Same goes if I grab a handful of pretzels from the bag in the cupboard.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    My weird justification is everything in moderation. As long as I track it, I can have it. Its insane, I know.