Justifications for cheating...

Options

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    Well..I just lost (insert whatever pds lost)...Ive been so good. One cookie wont hurt!
    Yes, I am the same way in that I binge whenever I find out I lose weight.
    However, I actually never "justify" my bad eating behaviors. Though I feel awful for my lack of sense control, I log everything.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eating while standing up burns calories, so the calories in the food don't count.

I am a gifted rationalizer. :-)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Living in a foreign country i come in contact with a lot of food without nutritional info (but applies to anyone who maybe goes out to eat somewhere and doesn't know the calorie count)

If I don't know the calories, I just can't log it, and its like it never happened
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I always feel like liquid calories shouldn't count. Doesnt it seem like your body would count them for less?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    There are starving people all over the world, I can't let this go to waste.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Taking the odd handful/mouthful of something doesn't count. Say, if I drink some milk out of the bottle in the fridge (I live alone, so it's not that disgusting), it doesn't count. Same goes if I grab a handful of pretzels from the bag in the cupboard.

this is what I do if I only eat a spoonful of ice cream
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat this now, i'll binge on it later.
    I'll start tomorrow.
    Just this once last time.
    Only got one life.
    etc. haha.
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If I don't log those calories then it's like I never ate them

GUILTY!! lol

I indulge when I can't help myself. I love chinese food and thai noodle and this past Monday you better believe I had chow mein, fried rice, orange chicken, musroom chicken and vegetables and an egg roll and I still lost 2 lbs! And just today I had carne asada fries and a bacon wrapped hot dog but only because I went to the LA art walk last night and walked around for like 3 hours. It's okay to indulge just don't let it happen to the point where you put off exercising and fall of the bandwagon. Everytime I've fallen off the bandwagos is when I indulge on one thing and put off exericising.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    "If I eat all of this ______ tonight, then it won't be here tomorrow and I won't be able to have it...so I better eat it all now" (insert whatever in blank.. cake, cookies, pizza, etc. :)

That was back when I used to binge though, which I've gotten much better about now.

^^ This. I am currently battling the piece of pumpkin pie on the counter that my husband told me he would eat a couple days ago...

Just do what the super models do...... dump a bunch of salt on it so its inedible !!! lol
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    There are starving people all over the world, I can't let this go to waste.

YES!!! The guilt of this has gotten me my whole life..... parents drill that into kids heads... and it really sticks... then BAM... I'm eating huge portions of everything!!
  • Ashleymeofcourse
    Options
    ive already ate horrible today might as well just ignore my diet today and start again tomarow . and while im already eating off diet today that cookie and soda and chips are calling me
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    There are starving people in Africa! Don't waste your food. (my mom used to say this to me)
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    "If I eat all of this ______ tonight, then it won't be here tomorrow and I won't be able to have it...so I better eat it all now" (insert whatever in blank.. cake, cookies, pizza, etc. :)

THIS also if no one sees me or I eat it fast then it didn't happen

HAHAHAHAHA this is so meeee!!! Glad I'm not the only one!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think of how much sex I have to have to burn off what I just ate. Is that bad?

Related to this thread translation:

"I can knock one off this afternoon with hubby to burn this off!"
  • aragonas
    Options
    I look at a piece of pizza for example and say heres like 4 of my food groups. bread, milk, vegi's and fat, and i leave out the abundance of sodium, and unhealthy bleached flour, and the fact that the vegi'sare mushrooms, and olives. and the fact that there is almost an entire days worth of calories in 2 slices of GOOD pizza. but then its my rules, i can make them whatever i want them to be!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

That was back when I used to binge though, which I've gotten much better about now.

exactly this!! lmfao
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    double post stupid computer
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    My weird justification is everything in moderation. As long as I track it, I can have it. Its insane, I know.

IIFYM :smile:
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I definitely do the "I have to eat it all right now so I won't have any left tomorrow" thing. However, that same kind of thinking did keep me from buying a frozen pizza that I was craving the other day. I thought "I can't have any tomorrow which means I'd have to eat it all tonight and that's not good". So I put it back. At least there's something positive that comes from that thinking haha.

I also don't like wasting food at all, I feel very selfish and ungrateful that I am in a situation where I have the ability to throw away food. So I have to finish everything on my plate.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    If I burn it off as soon I've eaten it (ie go on bike 15-30 mins) it won't count. or having a choc bar whilst I'm on the bike so I'm burning it off as I'm eating it.. lol! :laugh: