Kale Chips w/ pic

Options
13»

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Until this chip idea, my only success with kale or collards was to boil the snot out of them with lots of salt, butter, and smoked meat. I'll read recipes that talk about making salads with raw kale. I'd just as soon eat brillo pads!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nFaith
    nFaith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love kale chips.. I could eat them everyday.. I crack myself up when I eat them, start talking not realizing I have kale on my teeth!! Too funny!
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A HUGE thanks to EVERYONE for the input. I'm burnt out on spinach and have been curious about kale. Now I can't WAIT to make some kale chips!!!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this reminded me to try cooking spray next time! I got some kale yesterday, my 7 year old begs for it!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Too funny that you posted this. I had the same recipe opened in another tab to try next week. Good to know about drying the kale first. I did try sauteing kale but that was an epic failure.

Oh goodness, yeah, you cant sautee kale, you have to boil the crap out of it.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've tried this with spinach leaves, but not kale. They didn't really turn crunchy, just kind of papery like. They were kind of different, but they were ok. We couldn't figure out what they tasted like. We agreed that they tasted like roasted pumpkin seeds. ha I will have to try kale. :)
  • ameetava
    ameetava Posts: 1
    Options
    bump