Losing inches but not weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know I should be glad that I'm losing inches but I'm beginning to wonder when the weight will catch up. I keep going back and forth between the same 3 lbs. (189-192) and it's getting frustrating. I haven't lost weight in about a month, but within that time, I've dropped a pants size. I shouldn't still be this heavy.

If weight is not changing yet measurements say different, follow that as your guideline. What does the mirror tell you? And how do you personally feel with the changes you've noticed despite the scale. As you continue losing inches, the weight will eventually follow. Your body still adjusting to the changes your making through your calorie deficit and exercise.

What is your exercise routine consist of? Weights or body weight exercises?
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Inches are more important! Stop being brain washed by our scale-driven society. Be happy!:smile:

^^^ Exactly
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Your building muscle which weighs more per volume than fat. The good news is that it burns more calories which helps you drop the rest of the weight.

Yes, but how much muscle could I possibly be building doing only C25K?

How many weeks into C25K are you? There was a LOT of noise in the numbers the bathroom scale was giving me during the running program, which I think it had to do with water retention and maybe glycogen storage by my muscles as they came to terms with the switch from a low impact from of cardio - the elliptical - to high impact running. Everything had stabilized by the end of the program, and looking back on it, I can see that the actual rate of weight loss didn't really change when averaged out over time. The numbers just bounced around a lot.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Your building muscle which weighs more per volume than fat. The good news is that it burns more calories which helps you drop the rest of the weight.

Yes, but how much muscle could I possibly be building doing only C25K?

How many weeks into C25K are you? There was a LOT of noise in the numbers the bathroom scale was giving me during the running program, which I think it had to do with water retention and maybe glycogen storage by my muscles as they came to terms with the switch from a low impact from of cardio - the elliptical - to high impact running. Everything had stabilized by the end of the program, and looking back on it, I can see that the actual rate of weight loss didn't really change when averaged out over time. The numbers just bounced around a lot.

I did everything up to W4 D1, but it was pretty tough so I'm considering repeating W3.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Good on you!! You're doing it, you're making changes!!

Stick with it and that dreaded scale will eventually show these changes too!

Awesome job!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    I admit, I realize my sodium intake is a bit high. Gonna start cooking my own food and watching my sodium like a hawk!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Have you tried zigzag zagging?

What's that?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same in the last month. It is really frustrating because I am 3 lb away from onederland. I was at the same weight a month ago. I really need psychologically this achievement, but it is not coming :(
    On the good side I just barely squeezed myself into a size 12 jeans at the begin of September , and today I went out in a size 10. I could't bend in it, but still ;)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, your doing something right.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

What's that?

That's where you intentionally go over on your calorie goals some days and under on other days. I think the basic goal is to keep your body guessing but at the end of, say, a week, if you were to average out your intake over the week you'd have an average of your recommended daily calorie intake. So like if your daily goal is 1600, you might do 1700 on day 1, 1300 on day 2, 1900 on day 3, 1500 on day 4 etc. Just generally bouncing your calorie intake around your average goal. Just like everything else in weightloss, different people may do it differently.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options

What's that?

That's where you intentionally go over on your calorie goals some days and under on other days. I think the basic goal is to keep your body guessing but at the end of, say, a week, if you were to average out your intake over the week you'd have an average of your recommended daily calorie intake. So like if your daily goal is 1600, you might do 1700 on day 1, 1300 on day 2, 1900 on day 3, 1500 on day 4 etc. Just generally bouncing your calorie intake around your average goal. Just like everything else in weightloss, different people may do it differently.

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely try this.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I did everything up to W4 D1, but it was pretty tough so I'm considering repeating W3.

C25K didn't really start paying dividends for me, fat burning-wise, until W5. You are at a tough point in the program, though, so repeat if you need to. W3 was the only one I seriously considered repeating. After that I got my breathing under control and learned to pace myself a little better, and it got easier.