MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/16-10/22

Options

Replies

• philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been commenting more. I've been trying to do my check-ins before hw for my online class, but I keep getting home from work later and later. Sigh. HOWEVER, I did read everyone's posts, and it is awesome to see everyone making progress and getting through the week. HUG HUG HUGS to ALL! (Especially my dearly beloved Ittee who is missed so much that I try not to think about it because it makes me cry).

Quick Wednesday Check In:
    1) Keep monitoring macro ratios to reach Carbs 50%/Protein 25%/Fat 25%: 56.8/26.6/16.6 Fricken Fantastic today in my not so humble opinion.
    2) Identify highest fat content item of the day and research a lower fat alternative: Highest fat content item of the day--Salmon Burger. According to the New York Seafood Council (http://www.nyseafood.org) Salmon is one of the highest fat content fishes, but it is also in the category with the highest levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. Lower fat fish that I would actually eat would include Red Snapper, Halibut, and Rainbow Trout. I don't eat shellfish, so even though they are low fat, I pass.
    3) 3500 calorie deficit for the week: No exercise today...worked an hour late and I still have hw to do :( Total deficit so far--1369
    4) Sodium under 2000: 1777 (Have I mentioned how much I LOOOOVE Trader Joe's Low-Sodium Soy Sauce? So the bomb!)
    5) I WILL NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY--I did not weigh in today. I'm always happy for my friends when I see their losses, but MAN does it tempt me to weigh in on my not weigh-in day. I PROMISE, AVOW AND AFFIRM THAT I WILL NOT WEIGH IN TOMORROW.

Happy Thursday everyone! (Papillon: Glad you had an amazing honeymoon! Welcome Back!)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/16-10/22)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY on our group no matter what type of day I've had!

Weds. Check-in

1. Glad I changed this goal wording up a bit, it's helping me really eat consciencely! A bit more water and then I'm done for the night.
    2. Fabulous workout today!
    3. Very glad I changed up the wording on this one as well.. makes me think of how far I've come looking at the closet at last years Winter coat... O.M.G... huge! My Sisters each gave me one that doesn't work for them anymore but are in like new condition so I'm set for the Winter. (not that I want Winter to come..:grumble: )
    4. Here I am again checking in and waving at you all sending cheers and good wishes for another great start for each of you Tomorrow (Thurs):heart:

Off to bed:yawn: , been staying up way too late lately, might need to put that goal back on my list for next week.:blushing: :wink:

:smooched::flowerforyou:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hearts♥Desire – LOL check and dash, too funny. Great job Tuesday and Wednesday! You have such a great outlook and attitude.
    Ladylu11 – Glad to hear things are going well! Way to start C25K, let us know how it’s going.
    Ittee – I’m sure your ab strength will return in no time. I don’t usually workout on bowling days, but I had a whole bunch of energy after bowling, so I worked out after bowling.
    Papillon22 – Ohhh raspberry tartelette sounds excellent! I might just take you up on your offer for tips while in Paris, thanks! PS Winters in Illinois are defiantly something to shiver at (born and lived here my whole life). I felt the same way after the weekend with my mother in law in town and we ate out every meal, I might be skipping weigh in this week too.
    Danlyn – Keep up the great work, you’ll get that second walk in I know it!
    34again – I looked at Chargers challenges those are some tough ones! Great job getting in 100. Your doing great with all your goals this week.
    Littlemount – Great job with the walk today and staying away from the snacking, that’s tough!
    KrisPage – WOOT WOOT!! Great job getting your miles in.
    Philosohoe – HUGGS to you! I really enjoy reading your research goal! Great information, thanks for sharing. I’ll have to look into the lower sodium soy sauce.

Late Wednesday check in:
    1. 30DS - level 3 – worked very late (second day in a row) and I had no motivation to get up and push play last night.
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in – still at 2/4
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day – Done!
    4. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – logged em!

I’ve been having a bit off an off week, I am on a new medication and it’s really messing with my emotions. Caved to emotional eating last night and made super poor dinner choices, and I’m feeling it this morning, I feel puffy from the sodium, and the lack of exercise. I’m going back to the doctor to see if I can get this changed, I really don’t feel like myself at all. You guys are doing awesome, keep up all the hard work. Hopefully I’m back to me soon.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I love you guys!!!:smooched:

What would I do with out my Warm & Fuzzy group of Mini-Goalers each day?:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Check in later with you all.:wink:

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday:bigsmile:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    After 3 days of hospitalization, my dog is not much improved. She's dying and it's breaking my heart to see her suffer. I'm telling my daughter (her dog) we're putting dog down. Just to get her to survive on a day to day basis we were sent home with an IV drip bag, needles, and injections. This needs to be done daily. She can hardly walk.

Please let me not emotionally eat. And be strong enough to support my daughter through a heartbreaking time in what is already a challenging transition of moving across country. And I can't stop crying :sad:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Oh Ittee I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and you family :cry:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lttee: My heart goes out to you and your daughter. Nothing is worse than losing a pet that you love as much as any other family member. As I said before, we put our 14-year old lab/husky mix down about 3 weeks ago and my heart still aches. Let the tears come, no reason to hold them in. :brokenheart: I'm so sorry you're going through this. Huggs to you :heart:

My check-in for Thursday:

Got both of my walks in today!!! Yay for me :drinker:

Everyone is doing great!! Let's finish the week strong :flowerforyou:
  • Ittee
    Options
    danlyn: thank you so much for your sympathy, I'm sorry for your loss as well. Good job getting both walks in.

MAK: thank you for your continued support, love the new pic. You can see the loss in the face. Exceptional job.

Chalean, four times this week: 1.5/4 still, I may not make this goal. I'm hoping to use my grief and take it out physically.
    2 fruits/veggies: crap no, totally forgot
    Within calories: yep, still hoping to be good this weekend.
    Don't emotionally eat this week: today was a stressful day, and I didn't sleep last night because I kept thinking of how busy I was going to be. Hope to sleep tonight and not go back and add anything to my food diary due to emotionally eating.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Lttee -I am so sorry to hear about your dog,let the tears roll, I truly feel sorry for your daughter .Pets are truly a person's best friend and part of the family.
    Hugs to you and your family.

Thursday check in- Did well with the walk, but snack had a pizza slice could not resist.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. Was in a car accident yesterday and have whiplash. It hurts just to sit, so I've been avoiding the computer. Keep rocking the goals. I hope to have more time to comment later this week. Right now, I'm heading to bed after I take my meds.

You guys rock!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    ladygloria- I hope you're doing ok! Rest up and let us know how you're doing when you can!:flowerforyou:

ittee - So sorry about your dog! :sad:

Well, been busy and having computer issues so haven't been able to check in. It's been an ok week - I am really stuggling with the sodium - I just can't seem to help it. :blushing: But - I did manage to get 10 glasses of water in today to offset some of that sodium.

1) 3 servings fruit/veg - So far I've managed 3 out of 4 days.
    2) Sodium - I am failing at this!! Ugh!!! I love salt!:blushing: :grumble:
    3) Water - Well, think I've done pretty good. At least 8; today I'm at 10!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Lttee so sorry about your dog. I really understand the difficulty of that type of decission. I worked for 12 yrs in vet clinics and cryed right along with owners losing a beloved friend. <<<HUGS>>> I got in to vet med over human med because we have the legal option to end suffering unlike for our other family members I would have ended my dad's journey instead of watching him starve to death with stomach cancer in a heartbeat.

check in no walk today and way high calories today :-(
  • soniamissyou
    Options
    Hello, ladies new to myfitnesspal!!! This week my goal is to keep my food tracker! This is really new to me. Also I will continue to walk daily keep and eye on carb intake! My main goal is to be happy with my new way of life . A new journey. Thank
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hello, ladies new to myfitnesspal!!! This week my goal is to keep my food tracker! This is really new to me. Also I will continue to walk daily keep and eye on carb intake! My main goal is to be happy with my new way of life . A new journey. Thank
    Always glad to see new folks join up on not only MFP but our mini-challenges as well. Nice goals you've set yourself up with...wishing you well.........and...I'm off to post my own and then time for bed. :yawn: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    lttee: I'm so sorry about your dog (((hugs)))
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/16-10/22)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY on our group no matter what type of day I've had!

Thurs Check-in
    1. Pretty good food day, definitely very much aware of what was chosen to eat and got everything logged
    2. no workout:sad: :blushing: Looking forward to tomorrows though!!!:drinker: :love:
    3. Managing this goal well, it's a day by day, moment by moment goal I'm finding.:laugh: :smokin:
    4. Quick sleepy check -in to say Goodnight and to keep my #4 on track.:heart:

Wow, sometimes I feel I'll never have a free moment to chat here but I'll work on carving one out tomorrow hopefully because I have much to say and catch up on with my wonderful friends on here. :smooched:

:yawn: Goodnight xo
  • Ittee
    Options
    Thank you all for your truly wonderful and sincerely support to me. It helps so much.

ladygloria: hope you feel better, and slept well.

littlemount: so I'm sure the walk offset the pizza as far as calories go?

bhurley: sodium is a tricky lil thing in what it pops up in everywhere as well. But fantastic on fruits/vegs and water!

KrisPage: you are very supportive, and I couldn't agree more over how we treat our pets better in that regards. I would've like to not see my grandmother suffer as long as she did. My family, including her, discussed how wrong it was, and I was very young but the idea has always been strong.

soniamissyou: Hello, and welcome!! This is such an individualized yet encouraging group I'm sure you'll do fantastic! Hope you find that happiness that you need to make it a successful journey.

HeartsDesire: it sounds as though it was good day yesterday, so glad. Love all your ever-changing profile pics.

Since my babies want to sleep in, and I've been pushing them hard, I'm going to let them. My son can go into school late and my daughter is going with me to the vet's so doesn't have school (only her 2nd day). I think I'm going to take advantage of the quiet stillness and workout.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hi all!
    Checking in really quick from work... then gotta get to work!
    LATE Thursday check in (again):
    1. 30DS - level 3 – Day 23 done!
    2. Get in 4 non 30DS workouts in - 3/4 did Turbo Jam last night, 40 min DVD... whoa!
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day - Done.
    4. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – EPIC fail. <sigh> WILL do better today.

have a great Friday everyone.
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Sorry no check in yesterday. Life got in the way

lttee - so sorry to hear about your doggy. Hugs

For Thursday

1. 35 crunches - done 5/5
    2. Charger440's challenge - did 200/400. 2/5
    I can always do some but not usually as much as he wants! LOL
    3. No snacking after 7pm - failed. :(. 4/5

Today I vow to do better!

Have a great day everyone and stay strong and focussed!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Happy Friday let's make it a fabulous one as we ease into our new challenge week coming up!!

I like my current goals so much I think I'll keep em'!:laugh: :wink:

:smooched: