WHATS THE BEST WAY TO BURN FAT?

Options
13»

Replies

• chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Most women want lean (not bulky) muscle so when you do your strength training go for lighter weight and more reps, heavier weight will give you bulky muscle. Eating clean is super important and doing so consistently. Lots of water. I drink smart water often too, helps to prevent dehydration which will cause water retention. OH! and invest in a good Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Know your goal heart rate and stay within range of it when working out. It really does make a difference.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Edit for required reading:

http://jcdfitness.com/2011/06/i-dont-want-to-get-big-and-bulky-fitness-marketing-and-its-effect-on-women/

I find your post quoting a part of my post very rude. If you had included the entire post what I actually started out with is "What works for me ..." So you can keep your snarky accusation that I am "spreading misinformation" to yourself. Someone asked for advice and I gave mine. Take it or leave it.

If the shoe fits.

Heavy weights will not make a woman "bulky", plain and simple. If you don't want to be accused of spreading misinformation, I suggest you educate yourself.

The proof is in the pudding:

Nia Shanks:

1243864474_1841.jpg

Nia's Deadlift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJlTMIp7cc

If what shoe fits? That doesn't even make sense.

You're right, the proof IS in the pudding ... you look pretty bulky to me.

I've also heard that heavy lifting can cause elevated testosterone levels in women. Perhaps you have a little of that going on as well.? But I'm sure this is misinformation and I probably shouldn't be spreading it.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

I've also heard that heavy lifting can cause elevated testosterone levels in women. Perhaps you have a little of that going on as well.? But I'm sure this is misinformation and I probably shouldn't be spreading it.

Putting on muscle mass is much harder than you think, even for men. So for women, who produce much less test. than men, it's very difficult to bulk unless they are Juicing. Nia isn't bulky, she's toned and lean. Which is what keeps your body tight and prevents thinks from sagging like that annoying "bat wing wave" that women always complain and whine about cause their arms have very little muscle in their arm.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Yea she's no where close to being bulky. I think she looks good.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Most women want lean (not bulky) muscle so when you do your strength training go for lighter weight and more reps, heavier weight will give you bulky muscle. Eating clean is super important and doing so consistently. Lots of water. I drink smart water often too, helps to prevent dehydration which will cause water retention. OH! and invest in a good Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Know your goal heart rate and stay within range of it when working out. It really does make a difference.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Edit for required reading:

http://jcdfitness.com/2011/06/i-dont-want-to-get-big-and-bulky-fitness-marketing-and-its-effect-on-women/

I find your post quoting a part of my post very rude. If you had included the entire post what I actually started out with is "What works for me ..." So you can keep your snarky accusation that I am "spreading misinformation" to yourself. Someone asked for advice and I gave mine. Take it or leave it.

If the shoe fits.

Heavy weights will not make a woman "bulky", plain and simple. If you don't want to be accused of spreading misinformation, I suggest you educate yourself.

The proof is in the pudding:

Nia Shanks:

1243864474_1841.jpg

Nia's Deadlift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJlTMIp7cc

You're right. It is misinformation and you definately shouldn't be spreading it. She's not bulky.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    first off all......
    interesting pissing contest in this thread. my two cents:
    lol :laugh:

and
    I have read about many different ways to burn fat. However, I don't know which one is right. :cry:

What is the most effective way to burn fat?

If you have any references or website please post them. If not, that's OK too. :tongue:
    thanks

In my opinion the most effective way to burn fat is find something that you enjoy to do that makes your fat cry. (sweat) Whether it's walking, running, swimming, dancing, lifting weights, who cares? as long as you enjoy it! The more you enjoy it, the longer you'll do it and keep consistency!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options

If that is bulky then please God let me wake up bulky tomorrow. Amen.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"If that is bulky then please God let me wake up bulky tomorrow. Amen."
    [/quote]

LOL!!! ME TOO!!! I would love to be that 'bulky'. (workin' on it)
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah and me!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah and me!!
    [/quote]

DROOLING over those arms........