Foods that are always better organic:

Options
2»

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Organic strawberries taste so much sweeter than regular strawberries. Either that, or I just got lucky when I bought them last.

I find that organic food generally tastes a lot better than regular food. It is ripe and sweet. It might be a little smaller than foods laced with fertilizers and pesticides, but the taste is different.

I haven't tried organic meat yet. I did try some organic milk and I honestly didn't like it. It was too thick.

If you have local farmers, you can also talk to them directly and purchase "spray free" produce that is cheaper than stuff labeled "organic" The cost (in the USA anyway) to become certified organic is extremely high, and the farmer has to pass that cost on to the consumer. Know your farmers, know your food, and it'll be healthier and cheaper!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Def organic grass fed beef!! More tender and tasty!

And apples, I gag now if I try to eat non-organic apple with all that waxy crap on it.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Grapes are a biggie. When I share organic grapes with people (who don't know they're organic), they always react to how tasty the grapes are. There really is a difference.

I haven't had a non-organic apple in ages, but I can believe there's a big difference there too.