Random Abs group 17 Oct - 17 Nov

Options
Found www.randomabs.com yesterday and it's awesome. You get a daily routine emailed to you and all the exercises have text and video instructions.

I am going to commit to doing the daily workout every day for a month and hope to reduce my annoying lower abdominal bulge!

Tried the workout yesterday and found it really challenging - never thought ab exercises could raise such a sweat!

Anyone else want to join up??

Replies

• AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Do you know what, I'm really ready for something different. I'm fed up of just cross trainer day after day after day. Was just thinking 5 minutes ago how unmotivated I am to get on that tonight.

I'm in! How long do the sessions last? Is it like a 30 minute workout?
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for the info.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    In
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options

I'm in! How long do the sessions last? Is it like a 30 minute workout?
    They vary. Today's was about ten minutes. But it was a hard ten minutes! So it's really easy to fit in. I started yesterday and today had quite sore abs which I never got from the ab work on 30DS.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    And some of the exercises I can't even do like side planks for 60 seconds!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in :)
  • Chairless
    Options
    Suspect this may be most effective on an alternate day basis though, one on one off rather than every day.

Can I exercise my abs every day?

There is some disagreement on this topic in the world, but the overall consensus is that you probably shouldn't. Muscles need a break to rebuild before the next onslaught of exercise. However, listen to your body and do what you feel is healthy and not damaging.

Think of it like walking vs. running. Almost everyone can walk every day without consequence, but most people would do well to run no more than 4 times in a week. Depending on how hard you work your abs, you may just be "walking" them which may be done daily. Or you may be "running" them in which case you'd be wise to rest a few times a week. Bottom line - If you are in doubt, do not exercise your abs more than 4 times in a week.
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Thankyou for this, it looks good, am going to try it,
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Suspect this may be most effective on an alternate day basis though, one on one off rather than every day.

Can I exercise my abs every day?

There is some disagreement on this topic in the world, but the overall consensus is that you probably shouldn't. Muscles need a break to rebuild before the next onslaught of exercise. However, listen to your body and do what you feel is healthy and not damaging.

Think of it like walking vs. running. Almost everyone can walk every day without consequence, but most people would do well to run no more than 4 times in a week. Depending on how hard you work your abs, you may just be "walking" them which may be done daily. Or you may be "running" them in which case you'd be wise to rest a few times a week. Bottom line - If you are in doubt, do not exercise your abs more than 4 times in a week.

Completely agree with this. You abs, like any other muscle, need a break. Training them everyday will do some harm. Also doing all those ab workouts wont make the fat go away.

Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • Chairless
    Options
    Just saying im in, but on a day on day off basis, because im soft.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    I wonder if the routines are structured to allow for daily exercise - for example yesterday was pretty much all obliques so I wonder if each day hits a different main focus area??

I personally am going to try it daily especially my left side for obliques as I discovered I have a major imbalance there from doing yesterday's routine. I also overpronate when running on that side so anything I can do to even myself up is good :-)
  • Chairless
    Options
    im not sure but will probably lean towards the softlad answer.

That quote i posted wasnt me becoming all knowledgable though, it was from the randomabs faq
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Knowledgeable is great! Bugger I might have to do alternate days too. Oh well, how about we try something like we do abs every second day and on the other days we have to do something else?? Any ideas for what that could be??
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The couple I looked at, they're fine to do everyday
  • emmab0902
    Options
    The couple I looked at, they're fine to do everyday

Fabulous - is that because it is a relatively short workout?
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    great site, thanks!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    IM UP FOR IT! :)
  • emmab0902
    Options
    I posted on their facebook page asking if the routines can be done every day - this was the reply...

"Alternate days. Abs are no exception to the rule that muscle needs time to recover. Rest is as important as the exercise! It can be confusing since these are "daily routines", but that is so everyone can have their own schedules which could utilize any day. Good luck!"

Feck.
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :)
    Maybe we could do tricep dips or similar on alternate days, my arms are my other trouble area
  • Chairless
    Options
    I already have an alternate day weights routine so can slip this in on the rest day, easy!